Development of a physical-mathematical model for the process of crystallization of meat systems
Keywords:meat systems, freezing, crystallization, physical-mathematical model, effective specific heat capacity
It is proven that the complex of processes that occur during freezing-defrosting of meat systems cannot be described within the framework of the theory of freezing out true solutions. A characteristic feature of meat systems is the heterogeneity in terms of chemical composition, structure and properties. Given this, within the framework of the proposed physical-mathematical model for the process of crystallization, meat system is regarded as a colloidal capillary-porous body. In this case, a process of crystallization is considered as the superposition of two processes: freezing out free moisture (basic process) and a competing process for increasing binding energy for the bound moisture. It was established that the aforementioned processes differently depend on temperature: the speed of freezing out moisture decreases with a decrease in temperature while the rate of the competing process, on the contrary, increases. It was theoretically predicted and experimentally proven that a change in the information parameters of effective specific heat capacity is the criterion of reversibility of the process of low temperature treatment. As revealed by computer simulation, the proposed model more adequately reflects the actual character of dependence of the effective specific heat capacity of meat systems with different composition and properties.
Based on the proposed physical-mathematical model for the crystallization of meat systems, we have developed a method for determining effective specific heat capacity (Ce) using the thermograms of freezing-defrosting. Information parameters, which were derived from the temperature dependence of effective specific heat capacity, are: tcr/mel is the temperature of maximum rate of crystal formation (melting), ºC; Dtcr is the cryoscopic interval of temperatures, ºC; DНcr is the specific heat of phase transition in a cryoscopic interval of temperatures, J/K; Dw is the share of moisture, which changes its aggregate state in a cryoscopic interval of temperatures (the amount of free frozen out or melted moisture).The study conducted became the basis for the scientific substantiation of technologies for manufacturing semi-finished frozen minced meat products for the criterion of reversibility
- Tuan Pham, Q. (2014). Freezing time formulas for foods with low moisture content, low freezing point and for cryogenic freezing. Journal of Food Engineering, 127, 85–92. doi: 10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2013.12.007
- Yancheva, M. O., Hrynchenko, O. O. (2013). Fizyko-khimichni ta biokhimichni osnovy vykorystannia nyzkykh temperatur u tekhnolohiyakh pererobky mʼyasa. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 1 (17), 89–97.
- Miller, D. K., Kim, H.-W., Lee, Y., Kim, Y. H. B. (2016). Effects of soy hull fibers and freezing on quality attributes of beef patties. Meat Science, 112, 175–176. doi: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2015.08.168
- Choe, J.-H., Stuart, A., Kim, Y. H. B. (2016). Effect of different aging temperatures prior to freezing on meat quality attributes of frozen/thawed lamb loins. Meat Science, 116, 158–164. doi: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2016.02.014
- Filippov, V. I., Stepanov, A. V. (2015). Ratsional'naya tochnost' opredeleniya teplofizicheskih harakteristik pishchevyh produktov v raschetah tekhnologicheskih paramerov holodil'noy obrabotki. Nauchniy zhurnal NIU ITMO, 2, 125–132.
- Cherniushok, O. A., Fedorov, V. H., Kepko, O. I. (2016). Intensyfikatsiya kholodylnoho obroblennia dribnoshmatkovykh miasoproduktiv. Naukovyi visnyk LNUVMBT imeni S. Z. Hzhytskoho, 18 (1 (65)), 161–165.
- Castro-Giráldez, M., Balaguer, N., Hinarejos, E., Fito, P. J. (2014). Thermodynamic approach of meat freezing process. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 23, 138–145. doi: 10.1016/j.ifset.2014.03.007
- Kim, Y. H. B., Liesse, C., Choe, J., Kemp, R. (2015). Effect of different freezing/thawing methods on meat quality characteristics of pre-aged lamb loins. Meat Science, 101, 137–138. doi: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2014.09.090
- Yancheva, M. A., Dromenko, E. B., Potapov, V. A., Grinchenko, O. A. (2014). Influence of emulsion systems of cryoprotective action оn thermophysical properties of meat systems. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (10 (69)), 34–39. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2014.24867
- Yancheva, M., Dromenko, O., Potapov, V., Grinchenko, O., Zhelievа, T. (2018). Study of influence of freezing-defrosting on thermophysical properties of meat systems. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 1, 32–38. doi: 10.21303/2504-5695.2018.00537
- Potapov, V. A. (2013). Kinetyka yavyshch perenosu v protsesi sushinnia. LAPLAMBERT AcademicPublishing, 319.
- Churmak, I. G., Onistchenko, V. P. (1990). The peculiarities of calculation and accomplishing the refrigeration technology processes in production lines. Progress in the science and technology of refrigeration in food engineering, IIR (Commissions B2, C2, D1, D2/3), Dresden, 1990). Paris: IIR, 4, 361–366.
- Landau, L. D., Lifshits, E. M. (2002). Teoreticheskaya fіzika. Vol. X. Moscow: FIZMATLIT, 536.
- Postol'ski, Ya., Gruda, Z. (1978). Zamorazhivanie pishchevyh produktov. Moscow: Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 606.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Marina Yancheva, Olena Dromenko, Vladimir Potapov, Olga Grinchenko, Tetiana Zhelievа
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.