A study of the effect of thermotropic polysaccharides on the properties of the alginatecalcium shell of an encapsulated fatty semifinished food product
Keywords:alginate-calcium shell, semifinished fatty food capsule, ionotropic and thermotropic gel formation
Numerous tests have determined that the use of AlgNa, as a polysaccharide capable of ionotropic gelation, in the technology of capsular products is a promising direction. Owing to the ability of AlgNa to interact chemically with Са2+, it loses its bond with the aquatic medium. The result is a technological possibility of forming an elastic thermostable shell of capsules with specific structural and mechanical parameters. In this case, the formation of a globular shape of capsules is achieved by using the technological principles of droplet extrusion of the recipe mixture in an air medium. Simultaneous use of several thermotropic and/or ionotropic gelators in a common solvent helps implement the chemical potentials inherent in the ionotropic gel formers. The result is the production of “chemical” gels or the creation of a system of a “physical + chemical” gel with the use of thermotropic polysaccharides. The need to correct the texture properties of alginate-calcium shells of the EFSFFP is due to the prerequisites for providing new organoleptic properties of products, managing the extent of permeability for controlled homeostasis, and expanding the spectrum of using capsulated products in the technology of culinary and food products. It has been experimentally proved that the use of “AlgNa – agar – Са2+ – water” and “AlgNa – low-esterified pectin – Са2+ – water” systems can significantly influence the elastic elasticity of mixed gels in terms of increasing their density. The use of glycerol as an alcohol-solvent of an aqueous solvent results in inhibiting the process of forming the Alg2Сa gel, thereby providing controlled capsulation with the formation of plastic gels.
It has been established that the characteristics of mixed gels, their elastic-plastic and technological properties depend on many factors. These are the choice and concentration of polysaccharide, the properties of the solvent, the stage of conversion of AlgNa into Alg2Сa, the concentration ratio of the components, and the temperature of the medium, which determines the mobility of hydrogen bonds. On the basis of the obtained data, a technological model of producing an EFSFFP has been developed to obtain capsulated products with given organoleptic parameters.
- Varum, F. J. O., Hatton, G. B., Basit, A. W. (2013). Food, physiology and drug delivery. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 457 (2), 446–460. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2013.04.034
- Nikolaeva, O. V., Budtova, T. V., Kalyuzhnaya, L. M., Bel'kevich, N. G. (1999). Mezhmolekulyarnye vzaimodeystviya v smesyah polurazbavlennyh rastvorov poliakrilovoy kisloty i efirov cellyulozy. Vysokomolekulyarnye soedineniya, 41 (7), 1176–1182.
- Grynchenko, N. (2018). Development of a theoretical model for the intensification of technological processes for manufacturing dairy products. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (91)), 22–32. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2018.120875
- Tsuchida, E., Takeoka, S. (1994). Interpolymer Complexes and their Ion-Conduction. Macromolecular Complexes in Chemistry and Biology, 183–213. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-78469-9_12
- Rambidi, N. G., Berezkin, A. V. (2008). Fizicheskie i himicheskie osnovy nanotekhnologiy. Moscow: FIZMATLIT, 454.
- Gaserod, O., Larsen, C. K., Andersen, P. O. (2010). Pat. No. 20110059165 US. Seamless alginate capsules. PC A61K 9/48, A61K 35/60, A61P 3/02. No. 12/874,567; declareted: 02.09.2010; published: 10.03.2011, 13.
- Peake, N. J., Pavlov, A. M., D’Souza, A., Pingguan-Murphy, B., Sukhorukov, G. B., Hobbs, A. J., Chowdhury, T. T. (2015). Controlled Release of C-Type Natriuretic Peptide by Microencapsulation Dampens Proinflammatory Effects Induced by IL-1β in Cartilage Explants. Biomacromolecules, 16 (2), 524–531. doi: 10.1021/bm501575w
- Korotayeva, Y., Neklesa, O., Grinchenko, O., Pyvovarov, P. (2015). The study of functional-technological properties of encapsulated vegetable oils. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (10 (78)), 16–23. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2015.56198
- Potapov, V., Neklesa, O., Pyvovarov, P. (2017). Analysis of kinetics pattern in the formation and separation of a drop of fluid in the form of a capsule. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (86)), 32–40. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2017.98537
- Moroz, O. V. (2013). Naukove obgruntuvannia zmishanoho drahleutvorennia v tekhnolohiyakh termostabilnykh nachynok. Prohresyvni tekhnika i tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 2 (18), 42–47.
- Pyvovarov, P. P., Neklesa, O. P., Nahornyi, O. Yu. (2015). Pat. No. 106622 UA. Kapsuliatorna holovka dlia oderzhannia kapsul. MPK B01J 13/00, B01J 13/02. No. u201512371; declareted: 14.12.2015; published: 25.04.2016, Bul. No. 8. 12 p.
- Neklesa, O., Yarantseva, Y., Pyvovarov, Y., Grinchenko, O. (2017). Analytical study of the model of capsule formation of the system "food lipids – calcium alginate". Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (11 (90)), 35–40. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2017.117109
- Horalchuk, A. B., Pyvovarov, P. P., Hrynchenko, O. O., Pohozhykh, M. I., Polevych, V. V., Hurskyi, P. V. (2006). Reolohichni metody doslidzhennia syrovyny i kharchovykh produktiv ta avtomatyzatsiya rozrakhunkiv reolohichnykh kharakterystyk. Kharkiv, 63.
- Pyvovarov, Ye. P., Nahornyi, O. Yu. (2010). Zakonomirnosti formuvannia masy obolonok kapsul, oderzhanykh shliakhom ionotropnoho heleutvorennia. Naukovi pratsi Odeskoi natsionalnoi akademii kharchovykh tekhnolohiyi, 38 (2), 166–173.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Olga Neklesa, Yevgeniia Yarantseva, Oleg Kotlyar, Olga Grinchenko, Pavlo Pyvovarov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.