Algorithm for the simplification of solution to discrete optimization problems
Keywords:linear programming, discrete optimization, constraints system, determining an optimum, combinatorial method, Gauss-Jordan method, decomposition, graphical solution
Typically, the search for solutions in discrete optimization problems is associated with fundamental computational difficulties. The known methods of accurate or approximated solution of such problems are studied talking into consideration their belonging to so-called problems from P and NP class (algorithms for polynomial and exponential implementation of solution). Modern combinatorial methods for practical solution of discrete optimization problems are focused on the development of algorithms which allow obtaining an approximated solution with guaranteed evaluation of deviations from the optimum. Simplification algorithms are an effective technique of the search for solutions to an optimization problem. If we make a projection of a multi-dimensional process onto a two-dimensional plane, this technique will make it possible to clearly display a set of all solutions to the problem in graphical form. The method for simplification of the combinatorial solution to the discrete optimization problem was proposed in the framework of this research. It is based on performance of decomposition of a system that reflects the system of constraints of the original five-dimensional original problem on a two-dimensional plane. This method enables obtaining a simple system of graphic solutions to a complex problem of linear discrete optimization. From the practical point of view, the proposed method enables us to simplify computational complexity of optimization problems of such a class. The applied aspect of the proposed approach is the use of obtained scientific results in order to provide a possibility to improve the typical technological processes, described by systems of linear equations with existence of systems of linear constraints. This is a prerequisite for subsequent development and improvement of similar systems. In this study, the technique for decomposition of a discrete optimization system through projection of an original problem on two-dimensional coordinate planes was proposed. In this case, the original problem is transformed to a combinatorial family of subsystems, which makes it possible to obtain a system of graphic solutions to a complex problem of linear discrete optimization.
- Drozd, J., Drozd, A. (2013). Models, methods and means as resources for solving challenges in co-design and testing of computer systems and their components. The International Conference on Digital Technologies 2013. doi: 10.1109/dt.2013.6566307
- Buhir, M. K. (1998). Mathematics for economists. Linear algebra, linear models. Kyiv, 272.
- Sigal, I. Kh., Ivanova, A. P. (2003). Introduction to Applied Discrete Programming: Models and Computational Algorithms. Мoscow, 240.
- Titov, S. D., Chernova, L. S. (2017). Higher and Applied Mathematics. Ch. 1. Kharkiv: Fact, 336.
- David, J. P. (2017). Low latency and division free Gauss–Jordan solver in floating point arithmetic. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 106, 185–193. doi: 10.1016/j.jpdc.2016.12.013
- Lax, P. D. (2007). Linear algebra and application. Wiley, 392. Available at: https://www.wiley.com/en-us/Linear+Algebra+and+Its+Applications%2C+2nd+Edition-p-9780471751564
- Teschl, G., Teschl, S. (2008). Mathematik für Informatiker. Band 1: Diskrete Mathematik und Lineare Algebra. Berlin, Springer, 519. doi: 10.1007/978-3-540-77432-7
- Lau, D. (2011). Lineare Gleichungssysteme, Determinanten und Matrizen. Springer-Lehrbuch, 107–156. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-19443-6_3
- Biloshchytskyi, A., Myronov, O., Reznik, R., Kuchansky, A., Andrashko, Y., Paliy, S., Biloshchytska, S. (2017). A method to evaluate the scientific activity quality of HEIs based on a scientometric subjects presentation model. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (2 (90)), 16–22. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2017.118377
- Biloshchytskyi, A., Kuchansky, A., Andrashko, Y., Biloshchytska, S., Kuzka, O., Shabala, Y., Lyashchenko, T. (2017). A method for the identification of scientists' research areas based on a cluster analysis of scientific publications. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (2 (89)), 4–11. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2017.112323
- Kolesnіkov, O., Gogunskii, V., Kolesnikova, K., Lukianov, D., Olekh, T. (2016). Development of the model of interaction among the project, team of project and project environment in project system. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (9 (83)), 20–26. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.80769
- Verkhivker, G. (2004). The use of chemical recuperation of heat in a power plant. Energy, 29 (3), 379–388. doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2003.10.010
- Wu, C., Nikulshin, V. (2000). Method of thermoeconomical optimization of energy intensive systems with linear structure on graphs. International Journal of Energy Research, 24 (7), 615–623. doi: 10.1002/1099-114x(20000610)24:7<615::aid-er608>3.0.co;2-p
- Biloshchytskyi, A., Kuchansky, A., Biloshchytska, S., Dubnytska, A. (2017). Conceptual model of automatic system of near duplicates detection in electronic documents. 2017 14th International Conference The Experience of Designing and Application of CAD Systems in Microelectronics (CADSM). doi: 10.1109/cadsm.2017.7916155
- Gogunskii, V., Bochkovsky, А., Moskaliuk, A., Kolesnikov, O., Babiuk, S. (2017). Developing a system for the initiation of projects using a Markov chain. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (3 (85)), 25–32. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2017.90971
- Demin, D. (2017). Improvement of approaches to the construction of the training process of sportsmen, considered within the framework of the realization of informal education processes. ScienceRise: Pedagogical Education, 9 (17), 28–46. doi: 10.15587/2519-4984.2017.111110
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Sergii Chernov, Sergiy Titov, Lyudmila Chernova, Viktor Gogunskii, Liubava Chernova, Kateryna Kolesnikova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.