Study into the influence of operating processing parameters on qualitative characteristics of the carrot concentrated product
Keywords:heating kinetics, concentrated products, evaporators, dryers, colorimetric evaluation, beta-carotene
AbstractThe process of concentrating vegetable juice in an improved vacuum evaporator with a stirrer which is simultaneously a heat exchanger was studied. A mathematical model describing kinetics of product heating combined with constant stirring was obtained. The proposed equations make it possible to calculate duration of the heating process in a steady-state mode taking into account thermophysical and rheological characteristics of the product under study. The resulting dependence differed in that the calculations took into account changes in rheological properties of the liquid being processed, namely, apparent viscosity characterizing the shear properties of the non-Newtonian fluids including majority of food products. The process of drying carrot cake in the developed vibratory vacuum dryer was studied. Dependence of content of beta-carotene on operating parameters of the dryer, namely amplitude and frequency was determined. Based on the obtained results of the study of colorimetric characteristics, it was proved that the proposed method for production of concentrates contributes to preservation and formation of colorimetric characteristics of the final product. It was found that technological processing affects objective colorimetric characteristics of plant materials, namely, deviation of values of the dominant wavelength, color purity and brightness from the values for the reference sample. The determined colorimetric characteristics have made it possible to establish that it is very important to reduce time of the raw material processing and temperature during heating. These studies have shown the prospects for production of concentrated products in a separated way (separation of raw materials into juice and cake, separate boiling of juice and drying of cake, mixing of components in various concentrations depending on technological tasks). This makes it possible to adjust organoleptic characteristics of the final product including color, brightness, consistency, viscosity and physical-chemical properties
- Tyazhelova, K., Zambrzhickiy, O., Bacukova, N. (2009). Soki kak faktor formirovaniya zdorov'ya. Produkt.by, 20, 75–76.
- Mikhailov, V. M., Babkina, S. V., Shevchenko, A. A., Borisova, A. A. (2014). Designing the apparatus for the combined frying of culinary products with the electric contact heating. Scientific letters of Academic society of Michal Baludansky, 2 (5), 67–70.
- Mihaylov, V. M., Babkina, I. V., Mihaylova, S. V., Shevchenko, A. O., Avdeev, S. S. (2015). Issledovanie kachestvennyh pokazateley pishchevoy produkcii iz rasti-tel'nogo syr'ya pri SVCh-obrabotke s vakuumirovaniem i peremeshivaniem. Pererabotka i upravlenie kachestvom sel'-skohozyaystvennoy produkcii: ІІ Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. Minsk: BGATU, 54–57.
- Potapov, V., Plevako, V., Kostenko, S., Pedorich, I., Arkhipova, V. (2016). Physical and Analytical Modeling of Infrared Frying in ARJM-0.07-1 Apparatus. Industrial Technology and Engineering, 3 (20), 54–61.
- Houška, M., Strohalm, J., Kocurová, K., Totušek, J., Lefnerová, D., Tříska, J. et. al. (2006). High pressure and foods – fruit/vegetable juices. Journal of Food Engineering, 77 (3), 386–398. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2005.07.003
- Khandpur, P., Gogate, P. R. (2015). Effect of novel ultrasound based processing on the nutrition quality of different fruit and vegetable juices. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 27, 125–136. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultsonch.2015.05.008
- Demarchi, S. M., Torrez Irigoyen, R. M., Giner, S. A. (2018). Vacuum drying of rosehip leathers: Modelling of coupled moisture content and temperature curves as a function of time with simultaneous time-varying ascorbic acid retention. Journal of Food Engineering, 233, 9–16. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2018.03.027
- Chen, Z.-G., Guo, X.-Y., Wu, T. (2016). A novel dehydration technique for carrot slices implementing ultrasound and vacuum drying methods. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 30, 28–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultsonch.2015.11.026
- Bizmark, N., Mostoufi, N., Sotudeh-Gharebagh, R., Ehsani, H. (2010). Sequential modeling of fluidized bed paddy dryer. Journal of Food Engineering, 101 (3), 303–308. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2010.07.015
- Lauri Pla, D., Kamyar, R., Hashemian, N., Mehdizadeh, H., Moshgbar, M. (2018). Moisture soft sensor for batch fluid bed dryers: A practical approach. Powder Technology, 326, 69–77. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2017.11.056
- Wibowo, S., Grauwet, T., Santiago, J. S., Tomic, J., Vervoort, L., Hendrickx, M., Van Loey, A. (2015). Quality changes of pasteurised orange juice during storage: A kinetic study of specific parameters and their relation to colour instability. Food Chemistry, 187, 140–151. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.03.131
- Kowalski, S. J., Szadzińska, J., Łechtańska, J. (2013). Non-stationary drying of carrot: Effect on product quality. Journal of Food Engineering, 118 (4), 393–399. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2013.04.028
- Sardarov, A. M., Maiak, O. A., Kostenko, S. M. (2015). Pat. No. 105419 UA. Prystriy dlia peremishuvannia ta nahrivannia viazkykh kharchovykh produktiv. MPK B01F 15/06 (2006.01), A21C 1/00. No. 201505846; declareted: 15.06.2015; published: 25.03.2016, Bul. No. 6, 4.
- Maiak, V. I., Mykhailov, V. M., Smilyk, M. M. (2006). Pat. No. 24105 UA. Prystriy dlia peremishuvannia viazkykh kharchovykh produktiv. MPK A21S 1/00. No. u200611832; declareted: 10.11.2006; published: 25.06.2007, Bul. No. 9.
- Maiak, O. A., Sardarov, A. M. (2016). Obladnannia dlia kontsentruvannia viazkykh kharchovykh produktiv. Kompleksne zabezpechennia yakosti tekhnolohichnykh protsesiv ta system (KZIaTPS – 2016): materialy tez dopovidei VI mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsiyi. Chernihiv: ChNTU, 192.
- GOST EN 12823-2-2014. Izmerenie soderzhaniya beta-karotina (2016). Moscow, 16.
- Protsesy ta aparaty kharchovykh vyrobnytstv: metodychni vkazivky do vykonannia laboratornoi roboty na temu «Doslidzhennia reolohichnykh vlastyvostei kharchovykh materialiv» (2016). Kharkiv: KhDUKhT, 23.
- Kiptela, L. V., Zahorulko, A. M., Zahorulko, O. Ye., Liashenko, B. V. (2017). Analiz isnuiuchykh sposobiv vyznachennia yakosti produktiv kharchuvannia za kolorom. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 2 (26), 354–363.
- Cherevko, O., Mykhaylov, V., Zahorulko, A., Zahorulko, A., Borysova, A. (2018). Color characteristics of dried three-component fruit and berry pastes. Food science and technology, 12 (1), 50–54. doi: https://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v12i1.840
- Cherevko, O., Kiptelaya, L., Mikhaylov, V., Zagorulko, A., Zagorulko, A. (2015). Development of energy-efficient ir dryer for plant raw materials. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (8 (76)), 36–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.47777
- Dubinina, A., Selyutina, G., Letuta, T., Shcherbakova, T., Afanasieva, V. (2017). Effect of the parameters of rhubarb and gooseberry treatment on the formation of color. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (11 (90)), 66–71. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.117253
- Cherevko, A. I., Mayak,O. A. (2006). Issledovanie processa teplootdachi pri proizvodstve pastoobraznyh koncentratov napitkov. Naukovi pratsi Odeskoi natsionalnoi akademiyi kharchovykh tekhnolohiy, 2 (28), 94–96.
- Arsenyeva, O., Tovazhnyanskyy, L., Kapustenko, P., Khavin, G., Yuzbashyan, A. (2015). Plate Heat Exchangers for Efficient Heat Recovery in Crude Oil Preheat Trains. Computer Aided Process Engineering. University of Padeborn, 149.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Aziz Sardarov, Olga Mayak, Andrey Shevchenko, Svitlana Prasol, Gennadiy Shershnev
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.