Substantiation of quantitative composition of consignments in organizing aggregated shipments in containers
Keywords:container, less than container load (LCL) transportation, cargo forwarding activity, container loading
The task of substantiating quantitative composition of cargo batches during formation of aggregated shipments in containers was studied.
As a result of the study, a general formulation of the problem of substantiating quantitative composition of consignments during organization of LCL transportations was obtained, and particular versions of its interpretation were defined. To solve local production problems, some technologies have been developed that take into consideration peculiarities of situation and initial information on the planned shipment. The use of these technologies ensures maximum utilization of technical and operational capabilities of the container in formation of aggregated shipments of cargoes. For the first two versions of the task, the technology provides implementation of certain systems of equations and verification of obtained results with regard to the quality of utilization of the carrying capacity and freightage of the container. To solve the problem of the third and fourth versions of the developed mathematical models, implementation of the models ensures maximum utilization of technical parameters of the container due to the optimality criteria reflected in the corresponding objective functions. Therefore, verification of the obtained results with regard to the quality of utilization of carrying capacity and freightage of the container is not required.
Based on the proposed methodological provisions, experimental studies were carried out that have shown universality of solving problems of optimizing loading of consolidated containers.
The developed provisions are of scientific importance. They contribute to the development of a theory of transport processes and systems and are of practical interest for commercial departments of transport companies that provide cargo forwarding services. Introduction of these provisions will ensure an increase in efficiency of production activities of representatives of the transport business and will also enable formation of rational systems of cargo forwarding services for cargoes in regional, interregional and international transportation.
- Lavrukhin, O. V., Nemyrovskyi, B. M. (2017). Improvement of container terminals operation on the basis of introduction of intelligent advanced technologies. Transport systems and transportation technologies, 13, 46–51. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/tstt2017/110768
- Kirillova, O. V. (2014). Question for optimal distribution of container traffic between vessels serving transocean-feeder lines. Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoi derzhavnoi morskoi akademiyi, 2 (11), 55–68.
- Kirillova, Y. V., Meleshenko, Y. S. (2014). Justification of Financial Safety Analysis Approach in Cargo-and-Passenger Ferry Operations Management. Transport and Telecommunication Journal, 15 (2), 111–119. doi: https://doi.org/10.2478/ttj-2014-0010
- Kirillova, Ye., Meleshenko, Ye. (2016). Development of an ecomomic and mathematical model of loading a freight and passenger ferry. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (4 (81)), 28–37. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.71215
- Pavlenko, O. V. (2007). Rozrobka systemy dlia vyznachennia optymalnoho variantu transportno-ekspedytsiynoho obsluhovuvannia. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (30), 25–28.
- Pavlenko, O. V. (2008). Analiz efektyvnosti bahatotsilovoi modeli systemy transportno-ekspedytsiynoho obsluhovuvannia. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (35), 30–32.
- Sramkova, Kolar, Hunak (2018). Container Shipping: The Evaluation of Quality Factors in Freight Forwarding Services. Transportation Journal, 57 (3), 258. doi: https://doi.org/10.5325/transportationj.57.3.0258
- Tan, A. W. K., Zhao, Y., Halliday, T. (2018). A Blockchain Model for Less Container Load Operations in China. International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, 11 (2), 39–53. doi: https://doi.org/10.4018/ijisscm.2018040103
- Wei, Q., Xu, Y., Li, C., Zhang, Y. (2018). Efficiency Evaluation of LCL Transshipment at Port Railway Container Intermodal Terminal. Journal of Coastal Research, 83, 456–464. doi: https://doi.org/10.2112/si83-076.1
- Pino, R., Gómez, A., Parreño, J., Fuente, D. D. L., Priore, P. (2013). Application of Genetic Algorithms to Container Loading Optimization. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance, 304–309. doi: https://doi.org/10.7763/ijtef.2013.v4.306
- Bakaev, V. G. (1965). Ekspluataciya morskogo flota. Moscow: Transport, 560.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Valeria Korol
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.