Development and substantiation of the technology for producing structured olives containing the encapsulated olive oil
Keywords:structured olive, encapsulated oil, alginates, capsule formation, olive- based puree
The technology of the production of structured olive containing the encapsulated olive oil was developed and substantiated. The technology is based on the structuring methods with the use of ionotropic polysaccharides. The developed technology belongs to the technologies of extrusive formation of food products in the medium of sodium alginate with obtaining structured form of olive, that is, its imitated shapes. The implementation of this method implies comprehensive processing olive raw material to obtain several kinds of new products – encapsulated olive oil, structured olive and their combined form. The product is a capsule in the shell of a gel forming agent with internal content of olive puree or the products of their processing (fiber, pulp) with evenly distributed olive oil capsules (filler of structured olive). It is possible to produce the structured olive of various diameters (d=6...18 mm), different color at various ratios of "inner content – shell". Regulation of structural-mechanical and organoleptic parameters is achieved through the use of the mixed gel formation of related structure-forming agents (sodium alginate and agar). The alginic shell of the structured olive modified by agar makes it possible to ensure high acid resistance and stability of products over a long period of storage. Based on the complex of research, the main indicators of quality and safety of new product, the storage terms and conditions were established.
Scientific and practical experience during the implementation of the technology can be applied to different types of fruit and vegetable raw materials. This makes it possible to obtain food products with different physical form. Involvement in technological process of inferior parts of fruit and vegetable raw material makes it possible to recycle raw materials comprehensively, increasing the profitability and efficiency of technological processes. Structuring technology as a method of technological influence makes it possible to expand the range of food products and effectively control the chemical composition and nutritional value of structured products.
- Pehlivanoğlu, H., Demirci, M., Toker, O. S., Konar, N., Karasu, S., Sagdic, O. (2017). Oleogels, a promising structured oil for decreasing saturated fatty acid concentrations: Production and food-based applications. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 58 (8), 1330–1341. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2016.1256866
- Yudina, T., Nazarenko, I., Nykyforov, R. (2015). Research on the quality of milk and vegetable mince based on the concentrate of buttermilk. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (10 (75)), 10–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.43407
- Plotnikova, R. V. (2011). Rozrobka tekhnolohichnoho protsesu vyrobnytstva napivfabrykativ dlia desertnoi produktsiyi. Kharchova nauka i tekhnolohiya, 2 (15), 77–82.
- Plodoovocheva haluz Ukrainy – problemy i perspektyvy konkurentospromozhnosti. Available at: http://ua.textreferat.com/referat-9413-2.html
- Olennikov, D. N., Kashchenko, N. I. (2014). Polysaccharides. Current state of knowledge: an experimental and scientometric investigation. Chemistry of plant raw material, 1, 5–26. doi: https://doi.org/10.14258/jcprm.1401005
- Gorodnichaya, A., Pyvovarov, Y., Neklesa, O. (2017). Тheoretical aspects of study of polymerization processes taking place during forming polysaccharide hydrogels with amino acids. Bulletin of the National Technical University «KhPI» Series: New Solutions in Modern Technologies, 53 (1274), 60–64. doi: https://doi.org/10.20998/2413-4295.2017.53.09
- Grosberg, A. Yu., Hohlov, A. R., Filippova, O. E. (2000). Fizika v mire polimerov. Vysokomolekulyarnye soedineniya, 42 (12), 2328–2352.
- Tsuchida, E., Takeoka, S. (1994). Interpolymer Complexes and their Ion-Conduction. Macromolecular Complexes in Chemistry and Biology, 183–213. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-78469-9_12
- Dauncey, M. J. (2015). Nutrition, Genes, and Neuroscience. Diet and Exercise in Cognitive Function and Neurological Diseases, 1–13. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118840634.ch1
- Fakharian, M.-H., Tamimi, N., Abbaspour, H., Mohammadi Nafchi, A., Karim, A. A. (2015). Effects of κ-carrageenan on rheological properties of dually modified sago starch: Towards finding gelatin alternative for hard capsules. Carbohydrate Polymers, 132, 156–163. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2015.06.033
- Piculell, L., Lindman, B. (1992). Association and segregation in aqueous polymer/polymer, polymer/surfactant, and surfactant/surfactant mixtures: similarities and differences. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 41, 149–178. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8686(92)80011-l
- Potapov, V., Neklesa, O., Pyvovarov, P. (2017). Analysis of kinetics pattern in the formation and separation of a drop of fluid in the form of a capsule. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (86)), 32–40. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.98537
- Kaletunc, G., Nussinovitch, A., Peleg, M. (1990). Alginate Texturization of Highly Acid Fruit Pulps and Juices. Journal of Food Science, 55 (6), 1759–1761. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1990.tb03622.x
- Bradshaw, N. J., Savage, D., Sneath, M. E. (1976). Pat. No. US4117172A. Process for preparing simulated soft centered fruits. No. 684328; declareted: 07.05.1976; published: 26.09.1978.
- Pat. No. ES2005480. Procedimiento de extraccion de aceite (1987). No. 8703605; declareted: 16.12.1987; published: 01.03.1989.
- Neklesa, O. P., Pyvovarov, Ye. P., Nahornyi, O. Yu.; Nahornyi, O. Yu. (Ed.) (2015). Tekhnolohiia sousiv tomatnykh kapsulovanykh. Kharkiv: KhDUKhT, 120.
- Viskozimetr postoyannogo napryazheniya sdviga VPN-0,2 M. Tekhnicheskoe opisanie i instruktsiya po ekspluatatsii. ALYU 2.842.003.TO (1987). Moscow, 50.
- Kolorimetr fotoelektricheskiy kontsentratsionnyy KFK-2. Tekhnicheskoe opisanie i instruktsiya po ekspluatatsii (1989). Moscow, 35.
- Rehlament Komisiyi No. 2568/91 (EC) vid 11 lypnia 1991 roku «Pro kharakterystyky oliyi olyvkovoi, osadiv oliyi olyvkovoi i metody analizu».
- EN ISO 660:1999. Animal and vegetable fats and oils - Determination of acid value and acidity (1999). International Organization for Standardization.
- EN ISO 10539:2002. Animal and vegetable fats and oils - Determination of alkalinity (2002). International Organization for Standardization.
- DSTU 4723:2003. Moloko ta vershky sukhi. Vyznachennia masovoi chastky sakharozy (2003). Kyiv, 16.
- BS EN 14112:2003. Fat and oil derivatives. Fatty acid methyl esters (FAME). Determination of oxidation stability (accelerated oxidation test) (2003). British Standards Institution.
- EN ISO 662:2000. Animal and vegetable fats and oils - Determination of moisture and volatile matter content (ISO 662:1998).
- Reglament komissii (EC) No. 2073/2005 vid 15.11.2005 «Pro mikrobiolohichni kryterii, vzhyvani do kharchovykh produktiv».
- ISO 5555:2001. Animal and vegetable fats and oils - Sampling (2001). International Organization for Standardization, 25.
- Neklesa, O., Yarantseva, Y., Kotlyar, O., Grinchenko, O., Pyvovarov, P. (2018). A study of the effect of thermotropic polysaccharides on the properties of the alginatecalcium shell of an encapsulated fatty semifinished food product. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (11 (92)), 29–38. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.126363
- Neklesa, О., Korotayeva, Y., Stepankova, G.; Korotayeva, Y. (Ed.) (2016). Technology of manufacture of innovative fat-and-oil products of increased nutritional value. Kharkiv: HDUHT, 91.
- Neklesa, O., Yarantseva, Y., Pyvovarov, Y., Grinchenko, O. (2017). Analytical study of the model of capsule formation of the system “Food lipids – calcium alginate.” Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (11 (90)), 35–40. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.117109
- Korotaeva, E. A. (2014). Vliyanie komponentnogo sostava na svoystva dvuhsloynoy priemnoy sredy v tekhnologii koaksial'noy vertikal'noy ekstruzii. Kharchova nauka i tekhnolohiya, 2 (27), 45–48.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Olga Tishchenko, Yevgen Pyvovarov, Nataliya Grynchenko, Galyna Stepankova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.