Substantiation of the expediency to use iodine-enriched soya flour in the production of bread for special dietary consumption
Keywords:soy flour, diabetes, celiac disease, bakery for special dietary consumption
We have studied the possibility of using iodine-enriched soy flour in the process of making bread for people suffering from iodine deficiency, diabetes and celiac disease. The organoleptic, physical-and-chemical, and microbiological indicators have been investigated, as well as the content of toxic elements and iodine content in the developed soy flour. The rationally permissible formulation ratios have been proven experimentally. The quality indicators confirmed the possibility of using enriched soy flour in the process of making bread for special dietary consumption.
The conducted complex of studies provides recommendations for technologists for production of bread with special dietary properties. That will make it possible to expand a range and to fill the market with products, which are in short supply now. A lack of the mentioned products is about 15 % of the total production of bakery products. We established that the iodine content is 50 μg per 100 g in the developed soy flour. The developed flour complies with the regulatory and technical documentation for food soy flour in terms of quality and safety. The rational dosage of the developed soy flour to green buckwheat flour is 10 % in new bread formulations. It will be rational to replace 15 % of buckwheat flour with 10 % of the developed soy flour and 5 % of carrot or beet powder in products with vegetable powders.
The bread developed according to new formulations complies with DSTU 4588 for "Bakery products for special dietary consumption" in terms of organoleptic and physical-and-chemical parameters. The content of organically bound iodine is 48.9; 49.4; 50.0 mcg per 100 g 72 hours after baking in the bread made by the new formulations.Our study has made it possible to state that bread that is made according to the new formulations satisfies 1/3 % of the daily need for iodine
- Arsenieva, L. Yu. (2011). Obgruntuvannia ta rozrobka ratsionalnoi tekhnolohiyi yoduvannia khliba. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT, 1 (2), 56–61.
- Oleksiychuk, O. A., Dorokhovych, V. V. (2015). Rozrobka tekhnolohiy boroshnianykh kondyterskykh dlia khvorykh na tseliakiu. Khlibopekarska ta kondyterska promyslovist Ukrainy Ukrainy, 4 (2), 8–16.
- Peresichnyi, M. I. (2005). Vitaminna tsinnist boroshnianykh kondyterskykh vyrobiv z ekstraktom steviyi, karahenanom ta zosteroiu. Khlibopekarska ta kondyterska promyslovist Ukrainy, 3 (4), 18–19.
- Pankiv, V. I. (2016). Yododefitsytni zakhvoriuvannia: diahnostyka, profilaktyka, likuvannia. Problemy endokrynnoi patolohiyi, 2, 75–86.
- V Ukraini rozshyriuietsia vyrobnytstvo khliba z yodovanoiu silliu. Available at: http://vidomosti-ua.com/ukraine/54382
- Osokina, N., Kostetska, K., Gerasymchuk, H., Voziian, V., Telezhenko, L., Priss, O. et. al. (2017). Development of recipes and estimation of raw material for production of wheat bread. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 4, 26–34. doi: https://doi.org/10.21303/2504-5695.2017.00381
- Do Carmo Barbosa Mendes de Vasconce, M., Bennett, R. N., Rosa, E. A. S., Ferreira-Cardoso, J. V. (2009). Industrial processing effects on chestnut fruits (Castanea sativaMill.). 2. Crude protein, free amino acids and phenolic phytochemicals. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 44 (12), 2613–2619. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2009.02092.x
- Konopka, I., Tańska, M., Faron, A., Czaplicki, S. (2014). Release of free ferulic acid and changes in antioxidant properties during the wheat and rye bread making process. Food Science and Biotechnology, 23 (3), 831–840. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-014-0112-6
- Kollor, K. (2017). Assessment of iodine deficiency disorders and monitoring their elimination: a guide for programme managers. Geneva: WHO/Euro/NUT.
- Babich, O. V. (2006). Perspektyvy vykorystannia netradytsiynykh strukturoutvoriuvachiv pry vyrobnytstvi bezghliutenovoho pechyva. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT, 2 (2), 15–21.
- Yaremenko, O. M., Yaremenko, N. A., Babich, O. V., Dorokhovych, A. M. (2005). Doslidzhennia strukturno-mekhanichnykh vlastyvostei tistovykh mas bezghliutenovoho pechyva dlia ditei khvorykh na tseliakiu. Naukovi zdobutky molodi – vyrishenniu problem liudstva u XXI stolitti: Prohrama i materialy 71-oi naukovoi konferentsiyi molodykh vchenykh, aspirantiv i studentiv. Ch. 2. Kyiv: NUKhT, 56.
- Znachek, R. R. Yehorov, B. V., Mardar, M. R., Zhyhunov, D. O. (2017). Perspektyvnist vykorystannia pshenytsi spelty i polby u vyrobnytstvi novykh produktiv ozdorovchoho spriamuvannia. Tekhnolohiyi zabezpechennia zhyttiediyalnosti liudyny: Zbirnyk prats mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii, prysviachenoi 25-richchiu Ukrainskoi tekhnolohichnoi akademiyi (1992–2017). Kyiv: KNUTD, 248–254.
- Roccia, P., Ribotta, P. D., Pérez, G. T., León, A. E. (2009). Influence of soy protein on rheological properties and water retention capacity of wheat gluten. LWT - Food Science and Technology, 42 (1), 358–362. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2008.03.002
- Hymowitz, T. (1970). On the domestication of the soybean. Economic Botany, 24 (4), 408–421. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/bf02860745
- Nilufer, D., Boyacioglu, D., Vodovotz, Y. (2008). Functionality of Soymilk Powder and Its Components in Fresh Soy Bread. Journal of Food Science, 73 (4), C275–C281. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00727.x
- Pérez, S. G.-, Vereijken, J. M., Koningsveld, G. A., Gruppen, H., Voragen, A. G. J. (2005). Physicochemical Properties of 2S Albumins and the Corresponding Protein Isolate from Sunflower (Helianthus annuus). Journal of Food Science, 70 (1), C98–C103. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2005.tb09029.x
- Feldheim, W. (2000). The use of lupins in human nutrition. Lupin, an ancient crop for the new Millenium. Auburn University: Auburn, 434–437.
- Heinisch, M., Kumnig, G., Asbock, D. et. al. (2014). Clinical studies of the endocrine system the inhabitants of Zimbabwe after the introduction of the iodized salt program. Medicine and the world, 2 (9), 89–94.
- Ostroborodova, S. N. (2015). Izuchenie perspektivnyh vidov syr'ya rastitel'nogo i zhivotnogo proishozhdeniya dlya ispol'zovaniya v tehnologiyah funktsional'nyh produktov pitaniya. Khlibopekarska ta kondyterska promyslovist Ukrainy, 1 (4), 28–32.
- Biletska, Ya. O. (2018). Doslidzhennia zbahachennia zernobobovykh kultur rozrobka tekhnolohii vyhotovlennia zbahachenoho na yod boroshna soi. Khlibopekarska ta kondyterska promyslovist Ukrainy, 1 (2), 8–11.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Yana Biletska, Raisa Plotnikova, Natalia Danko, Myushfik Bakirov, Maryna Chuiko, Anna Perepelytsia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.