Influence of the structure of some types of fillers introduced to the yogurt recipe on changes in its rheological indicators
Keywords:natural yogurt, effective viscosity, structure stabilizers, strawberry powder, candied beets, strawberry jam
AbstractThe data set is obtained regarding changes in viscosity, water-holding capacity, active and titrated acidity of yogurts using natural fillers. The possibility of using vegetable fillers with different types of structure (powder, solid and pasty) in the technology of yogurt is analyzed. The studies are relevant in view of improving the quality of yogurts and giving them the status of natural ones due to removing stabilizers, flavors and aromatic additives from their composition. In addition, the introduction fillers into the recipe of yogurts, as a rule, leads to a deterioration of their rheological parameters: a decrease in viscosity, separation of whey and deterioration of the taste properties of the product. This causes an increase in the amount of flavors and stabilizers introduced into their composition, which negatively affects the population of “living microflora” and the biological value of the product. It is found that all the fillers (strawberry powder, candied beets and strawberry jam) had no negative effect on the fermentation process. The influence of dietary fibers that are part of fillers (candied beets, strawberry powder and strawberry jam) on the rheological properties of the product is investigated. Changes in viscosity, water-holding capacity, active and titrated acidity of yogurts with different types of fillers were determined and analyzed immediately after production and during storage. The positive effect of pectin-containing fillers on the hydrophilic properties of yogurts, which increase the water-holding capacity of the product by 2–3 %, is experimentally shown. Based on the data obtained, the feasibility of using the proposed types of fillers, namely strawberry powder and candied beets, in yogurt production without the use of stabilizers, flavors and other food additives is proved. Storage capacity is found, yogurts are developed and shelf life specified in the regulatory documents is determined
- DSTU 4343:2004. Yohurty. Zahalni tekhnichni umovy (2005). Kyiv: DP «UkrNDNTs», 9.
- Shleikin, A. G., Barakova, N. V., Petrova, M. N., Danilov, N. P., Argymbaeva, A. E. (2015). The influence of sugar syrup, honey and cereals on the rheological properties of yogurt. Nauchnyy zhurnal NIU ITMO. Seriya «Protsessy i apparaty pischevyh proizvodstv», 2, 24–34.
- Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorovia No. 222 vid 23.07.96 «Pro zatverdzhennia Sanitarnykh pravyl i norm po zastosuvanniu kharchovykh dobavok».
- DSTU 5050:2008. Produkty kharchovi. Vyznachannia pidsolodzhuvachiv, konservantiv ta kofeinu metodom vysokoefektyvnoi ridynnoi khromatohrafiyi (2008). Kyiv: DP «UkrNDNTs», 25.
- Codex standard for fermented milks codex stan 243-2003. Adopted in 2003. Milk and milk products (2010).
- Bourne, M. C. (2002). Food Texture and Viscosity: Concept and Measurement. Elsevier, 416.
- Masoliver i Marcos, G., Pérez-Sánchez, M., López-Jiménez, P. A. (2017). Modelo experimental para estimar la viscosidad de fluidos no newtonianos: ajuste a expresiones matemáticas convencionales. Modelling in Science Education and Learning, 10 (1), 5. doi: https://doi.org/10.4995/msel.2017.5901
- Andrade, R. L. P. de, Martins, J. F. P. (2002). Influência da adição da fécula de batata-doce (Ipomoea batatas L.) sobre a viscosidade do permeado de soro de queijo. Ciência e Tecnologia de Alimentos, 22 (3), 249–253. doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/s0101-20612002000300009
- Stepanova, L. I. (2004). Spravochnik tehnologa molochnogo proizvodstva. Tehnologiya i retseptury. Vol. 1. Sankt-Peterburg: GIORD, 384.
- Zaharova, L. (2014). Development and Introduction of New Dairy Technologies. Foods and Raw Materials, 2 (2), 68–74. doi: https://doi.org/10.12737/5462
- Kanuric, K., Hrnjez, D., Ranogajec, M., Milanovic, S., Ilicic, M., Vukic, V., Milanovic, M. (2011). The effect of fermentation temperature on the functional dairy product quality. Acta Periodica Technologica, 42, 63–70. doi: https://doi.org/10.2298/apt1142063k
- Askari, G., Bayat, A., Azizi-Soleiman, F., Heidari-Beni, M., Feizi, A., Iraj, B., Ghiasvand, R. (2016). Effect of cucurbita ficifolia and probiotic yogurt consumption on blood glucose, lipid profile, and inflammatory marker in Type 2 Diabetes. International Journal of Preventive Medicine, 7 (1), 30. doi: https://doi.org/10.4103/2008-7802.175455
- Özcan, T., Yıldız, E. (2016). Sebze Püresi ile Üretilen Yoğurtların Tekstürel ve Duyusal Özelliklerinin Belirlenmesi. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science and Technology, 4 (7), 579. doi: https://doi.org/10.24925/turjaf.v4i7.579-587.719
- Calıskan, G., Ergun, K., Dirim, S. N. (2015). Freeze drying of kiwi (actinidia deliciosa) puree and the powder properties. Italian Journal of Food Science, 27 (3), 385–396 doi: https://doi.org/10.14674/1120-1770/ijfs.v282
- Polishchuk, H. Ye., Matsko, L. M., Honcharuk, O. V., Kalinina, H. P. (2013). Vplyv aktyvnoi kyslotnosti na efektyvnu viazkist termichno obroblenoho yabluchnoho piure. Naukovi pratsi Natsionalnoho universytetu kharchovykh tekhnolohiy, 53, 55–62.
- Dolmatova, I. A., Zaitseva, T. N., Zyablitseva, M. A., Ryabova, V. F. (2016). Investigation of the properties of vegetable raw materials and candied vegetables used in the yogurt production. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series Food and Biotechnology, 4 (2), 77–85. doi: https://doi.org/10.14529/food160210
- Abdi, S., Roein, Z., Erfanimoghadam, J., Aziznia, S. (2017). Effect of pectin edible coating enriched with essential oils of citrus on strawberry quality during refrigerated storage and shelf life. Journal of Crop Production and Processing, 7 (1), 43–54. doi: https://doi.org/10.18869/acadpub.jcpp.7.1.43
- Haminiuk, C. W. I., Sierakowski, M.-R., Izidoro, D. R., Maciel, G. M., Scheer, A. de P., Masson, M. L. (2009). Comportamento reológico de sistemas pécticos de polpas de frutas vermelhas. Ciência e Tecnologia de Alimentos, 29 (1), 225–231. doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/s0101-20612009000100035
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Maryna Samilyk, Anna Helikh, Taisia Ryzhkova, Natalia Bolgova, Yuliya Nazarenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.