Implementation of rapid prototyping polylactic acid using 3D printing technology for early education applications
Keywords:3D printing, educational game tools, polylactic acid
One of the technologies that are developing rapidly is 3D printing. 3D printing machines can create objects easily, quickly and in detail. There are three main steps that a 3D printing machine goes through, namely design, printing and finishing. 3D printers using polylactic acid are widely used in various types of fields such as industrial machinery, spacecraft, consumer goods, electronic components, vehicles, medical industry, toy industry and others.In this research, we succeeded in making an educational game tool called Tetris with the 3D printing method using polylactic acid filaments. The process of consistently creating 3-dimensional objects from digital files by arranging many layers of thin metal in succession is called 3D printing. Using additive manufacturing technology, 3D digital designs are turned into virtual products by sequentially depositing metals. 3D printing provides reasonable feasibility to meet various parameters based on the engineering arena. By utilizing the advantages of PLA material, which has good tensile strength, good surface quality, is available in various colors and user-friendly, educational game tools are produced that have the advantage of being attractive, light, strong and easy to play. That way, making educational game tools using 3D printing made from PLA can solve the problems with previous educational game tools, which are not easy to play and less attractive to early childhood. Educational games that have been made in this study can be used as a platform for learning children at the kindergarten to elementary school levels. The way to play this educational game Tetris is by attaching shapes to the main part of Tetris and matching them with other shapes, just like playing a puzzle where each shape that is installed must match the other shapes
- We would like to acknowledge to Manufacturing Systems Laboratory who played a role in the implementation of this research.
- Ligon, S. C., Liska, R., Stampfl, J., Gurr, M., Mülhaupt, R. (2017). Polymers for 3D Printing and Customized Additive Manufacturing. Chemical Reviews, 117 (15), 10212–10290. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemrev.7b00074
- Shahi, S., Baljinder (2016). Advanced Manufacturing Teknik (Printing 3D). Master's of Technology CAD/CAM Department of Mechanical Engineering, BBSBEC Fatehgarh Sahib, 4.
- Muazzomi, N. (2017). Pengembangan Alat Permainan Edukatif Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini Melalui Aplikasi Microsoft Powerpoint. Jurnal Ilmiah Universitas Batanghari Jambi, 17 (1), 133–142.
- Cooper, K. (2001). Rapid Prototyping Technology. CRC Press, 248. doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9780203910795
- Aisyah, S. (2008). Perkembangan dan konsep dasar pengembangan anak usia dini. Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka.
- Hasnida (2015). Media Pembelajaran Kreatif Mendukung Pembelajaran Pada Anak Usia Dini. Jakarta: PT Luxima Metro Media, 186.
- Vitianingsih, A. V. (2016). Game Edukasi sebagai Media Pembelajaran Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini. Jurnal INFORM, 1 (1).
- Sloten, V. (2000). Computer Aided Design of Prostheses. Industrial Ceramics, 20 (2), 109–111.
- Kamran, M., Saxena, A. (2016). A Comprehensive Study on 3D Printing Technology. MIT International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 6 (2), 63–69.
- Widyanto, S. (2012). Pengembangan teknologi rapid prototyping untuk pembuatan produk-produk multi material. J@ti Undip: Jurnal Teknik Industri, 3 (1), 10–16.
- Johansson-Sköldberg, U., Woodilla, J., Çetinkaya, M. (2013). Design Thinking: Past, Present and Possible Futures. Creativity and Innovation Management, 22 (2), 121–146. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/caim.12023
- Jurrens, K. K. (1999). Standards for the rapid prototyping industry. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 5 (4), 169–178. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/13552549910295514
- Lubis, S., Djamil, S., Yolanda, Y. (2016). Pengaruh orientasi objek pada proses 3d printing bahan polymer pla dan abs terhadap kekuatan tarik dan ketelitian dimensi produk. SINERGI, 20 (1), 27. doi: https://doi.org/10.22441/sinergi.2016.1.005
- Rolina, N. (2012). Alat Permainan edukatif Anak Usia Dini. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Ombak.
- Alsoufi, M. S., Elsayed, A. E. (2017). How Surface Roughness Performance of Printed Parts Manufactured by Desktop FDM 3D Printer with PLA+ is influenced by Measuring Direction. American Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 5 (5), 211–222.
- Balasubramanian, T., Saminathan, B. (2015). Use of Multimedia - As A Tool for Effective Learning. International Journal of Scientific Research, 4 (12), 18–19.
- Arif, M. N., Sumbawati, M. S. (2016). Pengembangan Game Edukasi Interaktif pada Mata Pelajaran Komposisi Foto Digital Kelas XI di SMK Negeri 1 Surabaya. Jurnal IT-EDU, 1 (2), 28–36.
- Khobir, A. (2009). Upaya Mendidik Anak Melalui Permainan Edukatif. Forum Tarbiyah, 7 (2), 195–208.
- Brown, T., Wyatt, J. (2010). Design Thinking for Social Innovation. Development Outreach, 12 (1), 29–43. doi: https://doi.org/10.1596/1020-797x_12_1_29
- Excell, J. (2013). The rise of additive manufacturing. The Engineer.
- Serra, T., Planell, J. A., Navarro, M. (2013). High-resolution PLA-based composite scaffolds via 3-D printing technology. Acta Biomaterialia, 9 (3), 5521–5530. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2012.10.041
- Taufik, M., Jain, P. K. (2013). Role of build orientation in layered manufacturing: a review. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 27 (1/2/3), 47. doi https://doi.org/10.1504/ijmtm.2013.058637
- Zulkifli, A. (2007). Rapid Prototyping Teknologi: Aplikasi pada Bidang Medis. Jurnal TeknikA, 27 (3), 78–83.
- Yan, L., Han, X. (2016). 3-Dimensional Printing Rapid Prototyping for Intracranial Aneurysm Coiling: A Good Example of Precise Medicine. World Neurosurgery, 86, 8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2015.06.051
- Chua, C. K., Leong, K. F., Lin, C. S. (2003). Rapid Prototyping. Principles and Applications. World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd, 448. doi: https://doi.org/10.1142/5064
- Jacobs, P. F. (1992). Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing: Fundamentals of Stereolithography. Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 434.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Dwi Hadi Sulistyarini, Debrina Puspita Andriani, Zefry Darmawan, Putu Hadi Setyarini
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.