Determining the effect of apple and banana powders dried by sublimation on the quality indicators of a sour milk dessert during storage
Keywords:dessert, whey, skim milk, water activity, active acidity, lactic acid bacteria
The shelf life of sour milk dessert has been substantiated based on the results of this study into the indicators of active acidity, water activity, enthalpy, and organoleptic properties. In addition, the content analysis of lactic acid bacteria and microbiological indicators in the finished product during storage was performed. It was found that the introduction of sublimated fruits together with whey protein concentrate reduces the water activity index from 0.984 to 0.972 by increasing the concentration of solids and product viscosity.
The active acidity indicator acts in combination with the water activity on the shelf life of food products. Active acidity during the study period was in the range of 5.4‒4.2 pH units.
The biological and physiological value of the fermented milk product will increase due to the use of a starter culture containing microorganisms of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, which include Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. Bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus paracasei, Bifidobacterium infantis. When storing sour milk dessert for more than 3 days, the number of bacteria came down and was 1.0×108 CFU/g on day 9, which meets the regulatory requirements.
Based on the results of microbiological indicators, the shelf life of the sour milk dessert was established, which should not exceed 5 days at a temperature of 4±2 °С.
The development and improvement of sour milk desserts using secondary milk raw materials is a promising area of scientific research. This would allow the development of waste-free technologies with the maximum use of useful components that are included in the secondary milk raw materials
- Cherniushok, O. A., Kochubei-Lytvynenko, O. V., Vasyliv, V. P., Dashkovskyi, Yu. O., Ardynskyi, O. V., Fedorenko, L. A. (2011). Syrovatka molochna – biolohichno tsinnyi produkt. Kharchova nauka i tekhnolohiya, 1, 40–42. Available at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/jspui/handle/123456789/1618
- Yushchenko, N., Kuzmyk, U., Kochubei-Lytvynenko, O., Yatsenko, O. (2020). Determining the expediency of using protein-polysaccharide complexes based on dairy and vegetable proteins in the technology of butter pastes. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (11 (108)), 37–44. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.217940
- Kusio, K., Szafrańska, J. O., Radzki, W., Sołowiej, B. G. (2020). Effect of Whey Protein Concentrate on Physicochemical, Sensory and Antioxidative Properties of High-Protein Fat-Free Dairy Desserts. Applied Sciences, 10 (20), 7064. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/app10207064
- Turchyn, I., Hamkalo, H., Voychishin, A. (2017). Use of whey in the production of dessert. Scientific Messenger of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies, 19 (80), 165–168. Available at: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/235837796.pdf
- Hrebelnyk, O. P., Huts, V. S., Skorchenko, T. A. (2003). Vplyv roslynnykh napovniuvachiv ta tsukrozaminnykiv na yakist molochnykh desertiv. Molochna promyslovist, 3 (6), 46–48. Available at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/jspui/handle/123456789/2080
- Aguilar-Raymundo, V. G., Vélez-Ruiz, J. F. (2018). Physicochemical and Rheological Properties of a Dairy Dessert, Enriched with Chickpea Flour. Foods, 7 (2), 25. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/foods7020025
- Diduh, N. A., Mogilyanskaya, N. A. (2008). K voprosu proizvodstva fermentirovannyh molochnyh napitkov diabeticheskogo naznacheniya. Molochnaya promyshlennost', 3 (46), 44–47. Available at: http://molprom.com.ua/docs/dairy-industry-2008-issue-03-page-44-47.pdf
- Solomon, A., Polyevoda, Y. (2019). Тhе fermented sour-milk desserts with bifidogenic. Ngineering, Energy, Transport AIC, 2 (105), 66–74. doi: https://doi.org/10.37128/2520-6168-2019-2-9
- Stepanova, M. O., Silant'eva, L. A. (2019). Podbor ingredientov dlya mnogokomponentnogo kislomolochnogo deserta funktsional'nogo naznacheniya. Nizkotemperaturnyei pischevye tehnologii v XXІ veke. Sankt-Peterburg, 162–164. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41691860
- Sachuk, O. P., Grek, E. V. (2006). Tehnologiya molochnogo pudinga. Molochna promyslovist, 4 (29), 32–33. Available at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/123456789/7145/1/Untitled.FR10.pdf
- Martinez, A. O. L., Roman, M. M. O., Gutierrez, E. E. L. et. al. (2008). Preparation and evaluation of a milk dessert with orange fiber. Vitae, 15 (2), 219–225. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/262459498_PREPARATION_AND_EVALUATION_OF_A_MILK_DESSERT_WITH_ORANGE_FIBER
- Henriques, M. H. F., Gomes, D. M. G. S., Borges, A. R., Pereira, C. J. D. (2020). Liquid whey protein concentrates as primary raw material for acid dairy gels. Food Science and Technology, 40 (2), 361–369. doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/fst.43218
- Djaoud, K., Boulekbache‐Makhlouf, L., Yahia, M., Mansouri, H., Mansouri, N., Madani, K., Romero, A. (2020). Dairy dessert processing: Effect of sugar substitution by date syrup and powder on its quality characteristics. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 44 (5). doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.14414
- Jahromi, M., Niakousari, M. (2018). Development and characterisation of a sugar-free milk-based dessert formulation with fig (Ficus carica L.) and carboxymethylcellulose. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 71 (3), 801–809. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0307.12484
- Turchyna, T. (2008). Fizyko-khimichnyi sklad i strukturuiucha zdatnist roslynnykh materialiv rozpyliuvalnoho sushinnia. Kharchova i pererobna promyslovist, 5, 17–19.
- Kochubei-Lytvynenko, O., Yatsenko, O., Yushchenko, N., Kuzmyk, U., Mykoliv, I. (2019). Justification of the feasibility of use the natural fillers in the technology of butter pastes. Scientific Works of National University of Food Technologies, 25 (5), 143–151. doi: https://doi.org/10.24263/2225-2924-2019-25-5-17
- Tarasenko T., Yevlash V., Nyemirich O., Vasheka O., Gavrish A., Kravchenko O. (2015). Theoretical studies drying ways fruits and vegetables. Scientific Messenger of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies, 17 (4), 148–158. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/nvlnu_2015_17_4_30
- Yingyuen, P., Sukrong, S., Phisalaphong, M. (2020). Isolation, separation and purification of rutin from Banana leaves (Musa balbisiana). Industrial Crops and Products, 149, 112307. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2020.112307
- Biernacka, B., Dziki, D., Różyło, R., Gawlik-Dziki, U. (2020). Banana Powder as an Additive to Common Wheat Pasta. Foods, 9 (1), 53. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9010053
- Wang, X., Kristo, E., LaPointe, G. (2020). Adding apple pomace as a functional ingredient in stirred-type yogurt and yogurt drinks. Food Hydrocolloids, 100, 105453. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2019.105453
- Karaca, O. B., Saydam, İ. B., Güven, M. (2019). Physical, chemical, and sensory attributes of low‐fat, full‐fat, and fat‐free probiotic set yogurts fortified with fiber‐rich persimmon and apple powders. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 43 (6), e13926. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.13926
- Kochubei-Lytvynenko, O., Yatsenko, O., Yushchenko, N., Kuzmyk, U. (2018). Astabilizing system for butter pastes based on the dry concentrates of milk protein. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (95)), 30–36. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.143105
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Ульяна Геннадиевна Кузьмик, Андрей Иванович Маринин, Роман Сергеевич Святненко, Юлия Владимировна Желуденко, Михаил Николаевич Курмач
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.