Development of temperature regime of storage of frozen black currants
Keywords:black currant fruit, pomological variety, ripeness degree, fruit cooling, slow freezing, fast freezing, storage temperature, short-term storage, ice formation, fruit quality
The process of ice formation in the pericarp of black currant depends on the pomological variety, the degree of ripeness of the fruit, and the method of freezing.
During the slow and fast freezing of black currant, four ranges of fruit cooling temperatures are distinguished:
1) from the temperature of the fruit to the temperature of initiation of ice formation;
2) from the temperature of the front (initiation) of ice formation to the lowest possible temperature of the fetal mesocarp;
3) from the lowest possible temperature of the mesocarp to the lowest temperature of the fetal endocarp;
4) from the lowest possible endocarp temperature to fetal freezing temperature. Fast freezing boosts cooling, freezing and freezing from 37 min. (slow) up to 5.6 min. due to a halving of the temperature of initiation of ice formation, an increase of 1.3 times in the rate of heat extraction and an increase in the freezing temperature from –22...–24 °С (slow) to –20.8 °С.
It is scientifically substantiated that the temperatures of freezing fruits significantly change the general existing recommendations (not higher than –18 °С) regarding the storage conditions of black currant fruits: with quick freezing, not higher than –21 °С, with slow freezing, not higher than –24 °С.
The formation of the properties of black currant occurs during the growing season under various agro-climatic conditions and affects the parameters of ice formation indicators.
The marketable condition, quality and organoleptic characteristics of black currant fruits depend on the method of freezing. The advantages of fast freezing of black currant fruits in a quick-freezing chamber with forced air circulation at a speed of 1.5–2.5 m/s at a temperature of –30...–32 °С in comparison with slow freezing in freezers at a temperature of –20 have been established. ..– 22 °С.
- Osokina, N., Kostetska, K., Gerasymchuk, H. (2020). Ascorbic acid in black currant fruits. Collected Works of Uman National University of Horticulture, 1 (97), 82–91. doi: https://doi.org/10.31395/2415-8240-2020-97-1-82-91
- Yalpachik, V. F. (2005). Novyy metod zamorazhivaniya i razmorazhivaniya. Ovoschevodstvo, 11, 63.
- Golub, O. V., Poznyakovskiy, V. M., Zharkov, A. S. (2009). Vliyanie zamorozki na kachestvennye pokazateli yagod vishni. Pischevaya promyshlennost', 7, 32–33.
- Gonçalves, E. M., Abreu, M., Brandão, T. R. S., Silva, C. L. M. (2011). Degradation kinetics of colour, vitamin C and drip loss in frozen broccoli (Brassica oleracea L. ssp. Italica) during storage at isothermal and non-isothermal conditions. International Journal of Refrigeration, 34 (8), 2136–2144. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2011.06.006
- Belinska, S. (2008). Otsinka strukturno-mekhanichnykh vlastyvostei shvydkozamorozhenoi plodoovochevoi produktsiyi. Kharchova ta pererobna promyslovist, 11, 23–25.
- Bayyar, F. (2000). Novoe v razvitii global'noy holodil'noy tsepi. Holodil'naya tehnika, 7, 13–16.
- Orlova, N. Ya., Belinska, S. O. (2013). Upravlinnia bezpechnistiu ta yakistiu shvydkozamorozhenoi plodoovochevoi produktsiyi. Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t, 196.
- Debenedetti, P. G. (2003). Supercooled and glassy water. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 15 (45), R1669–R1726. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/0953-8984/15/45/r01
- Suutarinen, J., Honkapää, K., Autio, K., Mokkila, M. (2002). The effect of CaCl2 and pme prefreezing treatment in a vacuum on the structure of strawberries. Acta Horticulturae, 567, 783–786. doi: https://doi.org/10.17660/actahortic.2002.567.173
- Osokina, N., Kostetska, K., Gerasymchuk, H. (2020). Formation of Frozen Blackcurrant Fruits Quality. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 35 (10), 97–112. doi: https://doi.org/10.9734/arrb/2020/v35i1030295
- Minetti, M., Ceccarini, M., Maria, A., Di Stasi, M. (1984). Role of membrane thermotropic properties on hypotonic hemolysis and hypertonic cryohemolysis of human red blood cells. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 25 (2), 61–72. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.240250202
- Nei, T. (1976). Freezing injury to erythrocytes. II. Morphological alterations of cell membranes. Cryobiology, 13 (3), 287–294. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0011-2240(76)90110-3
- Simakhina, G., Naumenko, N., Bazhaj-Zhezherun, S., Kaminska, S. (2019). Impact of cryoprotection on minimization of ascorbic acid losses in freezing of berries. Ukrainian Food Journal, 8 (2). doi: https://doi.org/10.24263/2304-974x-2019-8-2-7
- Sousa, M. B., Canet, W., Alvarez, M. D., Tortosa, M. E. (2005). The effect of the pre-treatments and the long and short-term frozen storage on the quality of raspberry (cv. Heritage). European Food Research and Technology, 221 (1-2), 132–144. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-005-1189-1
- Paardekooper, M., Van den Broek, P. J. A., De Bruijne, A. W., Elferink, J. G. R., Dubbelman, T. M. A. R., Van Steveninck, J. (1992). Photodynamic treatment of yeast cells with the dye Toluidine blue: all-or-none loss of plasma membrane barrier properties. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, 1108 (1), 86–90. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-2736(92)90117-5
- Makarova, D. H., Kytaiev, O. I. (2003). Zastosuvannia metodu dyferentsiynoho termichnoho analizu dlia doslidzhennia protsesiv lodoutvorennia v riznykh orhanakh plodovykh roslyn. Problemy monitorynhu u sadivnytstvi. Kyiv: Ahrarna nauka, 135–145.
- Zamorskyi, V. V. (2005). Osoblyvosti metodyky vyvchennia anatomichnoi budovy strukturnykh elementiv derev yabluni z dopomohoiu kompiuternoi tekhniky. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Umanskoho derzhavnoho ahrarnoho universytetu, 59, 268–270.
- Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu issledovaniy s bystrozamorozhennymi plodami, yagodami i ovoschami (1984). Moscow: VASHNIL, 24.
- Orlova, N. Ya., Belinska, S. O. (2005). Zamorozheni plodoovochevi produkty: problemy formuvannia asortymentu ta yakosti. Kyiv: Nats. torh.-ekon. un-t, 336.
- Pavluk, R., Pogarskiy, A., Kaplun, H., Loseva, S. (2015). Developing the cryogenic freezing technology of chlorophyll-containing vegetables. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (10 (78)), 42–47. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.56111
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Nina Osokina, Kateryna Kostetska, Olena Herasymchuk, Hennadii Tkachenko, Hryhorii Podpriatov, Ludmila Pusik, Nataliy Falendysh, Inna Bobel, Kristina Belinska
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.