Development of a method for assessing the reliability of fire detection in premises
Keywords:fire detection, empirical distribution function, confidence interval, probability of fire, recurrence
The object of this study is the detection of fires in the premises. The problem that was solved is the development of tools to assess the reliability of detection of fires in the premises based on the recurrence of the vector of increases in dangerous parameters of the gas environment. The method includes the sequential implementation of five procedures related to the formation of the vector of current increases in dangerous parameters, determining the recurrence of the current vector and evaluating the empirical distribution function relative to the calculated current recurrence of the state vector. Features and distinctive attributes of the developed method are the use of empirical cumulative distribution function in relation to the current recurrence of the state of hazardous parameters of the gas environment in the premises during fires. This makes it possible to solve the task of developing tools for the numerical determining of the trust limit for the predefined level of significance (reliability) and the likelihood of detecting fires in the premises in real time. The scope and conditions for the practical use of the obtained results are the modern and promising means and fire protection systems of various types of premises in buildings and structures. The proposed method was tested on the example of igniting test materials in the laboratory chamber. It is established that for materials with a high combustion rate (alcohol and cellulose) with a probability of 0.95, there is a sharp decrease in the value of the empirical function assessment to zero values. For timber, the value of this estimate is 0.15, and for textiles, the minimum value of the estimate is 0.31. It is established that the boundaries of the confidence interval with the level of significance covering the obtained estimates are determined by the value of ±0.086. In general, the results of the test indicate the operability of the proposed method for determining the reliability of detection of fires in the premises on the basis of the current degree of recurrence of increases in dangerous parameters of the gas environment
- Brushlinsky, N. N., Ahrens, M., Sokolov, S. V., Wagner, P. (2019). World Fire Statistics. Report No. 24. Berlin: Center of Fire Statistics of CTIF, 65.
- Mygalenko, K., Nuyanzin, V., Zemlianskyi, A., Dominik, A. (2018). Development of the technique for restricting the propagation of fire in natural peat ecosystems. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (10 (91)), 31–37. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.121727
- Vambol, S., Vambol, V., Kondratenko, O., Koloskov, V., Suchikova, Y. (2018). Substantiation of expedience of application of high-temperature utilization of used tires for liquefied methane production. Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 2 (87), 77–84. doi: http://doi.org/10.5604/01.3001.0012.2830
- Vambol, S., Vambol, V., Sobyna, V., Koloskov, V., Poberezhna, L. (2019). Investigation of the energy efficiency of waste utilization technology, with considering the use of low-temperature separation of the resulting gas mixtures. Energetika, 64 (4), 186–195. doi: http://doi.org/10.6001/energetika.v64i4.3893
- Semko, A., Beskrovnaya, M., Vinogradov, S., Hritsina, I., Yagudina, N. (2017). The usage of high speed impulse liquid jets for putting out gas blowouts. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 3, 655–664.
- Otrosh, Y., Semkiv, O., Rybka, E., Kovalov, A. (2019). About need of calculations for the steel framework building in temperature influences conditions. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 708 (1), 012065. doi: http://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/708/1/012065
- Ragimov, S., Sobyna, V., Vambol, S., Vambol, V., Feshchenko, A., Zakora, A. et. al. (2018). Physical modelling of changes in the energy impact on a worker taking into account high-temperature radiation. Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 1 (91), 27–33. doi: http://doi.org/10.5604/01.3001.0012.9654
- Kovalov, A., Otrosh, Y., Ostroverkh, O., Hrushovinchuk, O., Savchenko, O. (2018). Fire resistance evaluation of reinforced concrete floors with fire-retardant coating by calculation and experimental method. E3S Web of Conferences, 60, 00003. doi: http://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186000003
- Sadkovyi, V., Andronov, V., Semkiv, O., Kovalov, A., Rybka, E., Otrosh, Yu. et. al.; Sadkovyi, V., Rybka, E., Otrosh, Yu. (Eds.) (2021). Fire resistance of reinforced concrete and steel structures. Kharkiv: РС ТЕСHNOLOGY СЕNTЕR, 180. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/978-617-7319-43-5
- Dadashov, I., Loboichenko, V., Kireev, A. (2018). Analysis of the ecological characteristics of environment friendly fire fighting chemicals used in extinguishing oil products. Pollution Research, 37 (1), 63–77.
- Kustov, M., Kalugin, V., Tutunik, V., Tarakhno, O. (2019). Physicochemical principles of the technology of modified pyrotechnic compositions to reduce the chemical pollution of the atmosphere. Voprosy Khimii i Khimicheskoi Tekhnologii, 1, 92–99. doi: http://doi.org/10.32434/0321-4095-2019-122-1-92-99
- Vasyukov, A., Loboichenko, V., Bushtec, S. (2016). Identification of bottled natural waters by using direct conductometry. Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 22 (3), 1171–1176.
- Reproduced with permission from Fire Loss in the United States During 2019 (2020). National Fire Protection Association, 11.
- Dubinin, D., Korytchenko, K., Lisnyak, A., Hrytsyna, I., Trigub, V. (2018). Improving the installation for fire extinguishing with finelydispersed water. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (92)), 38–43. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.127865
- Semko, A., Rusanova, O., Kazak, O., Beskrovnaya, M., Vinogradov, S., Gricina, I. (2015). The use of pulsed high-speed liquid jet for putting out gas blow-out. The International Journal of Multiphysics, 9 (1), 9–20. doi: http://doi.org/10.1260/1750-9518.104.22.168
- Popov, O., Iatsyshyn, A., Kovach, V., Artemchuk, V., Taraduda, D., Sobyna, V. et. al. (2019). Physical Features of Pollutants Spread in the Air During the Emergency at NPPs. Nuclear and Radiation Safety, 4 (84), 88–98. doi: http://doi.org/10.32918/nrs.2019.4(84).11
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Popov, V., Romin, A. (2018). Experimental study of the fluctuations of gas medium parameters as early signs of fire. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (10 (91)), 50–55. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.122419
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Meleshchenko, R., Borodych, P. (2018). Studying the recurrent diagrams of carbon monoxide concentration at early ignitions in premises. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (9 (93)), 34–40. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.133127
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Popov, V., Semkiv, O. (2018). Development of the method of frequencytemporal representation of fluctuations of gaseous medium parameters at fire. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (92)), 44–49. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.125926
- Ahn, C.-S., Kim, J.-Y. (2011). A study for a fire spread mechanism of residential buildings with numerical modeling. WIT Transactions on the Built Environment, 117, 185–196. doi: http://doi.org/10.2495/safe110171
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Skliarov, S. (2017). Design of fire detectors capable of self-adjusting by ignition. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (9 (88)), 53–59. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.108448
- Andronov, V., Pospelov, B., Rybka, E., Skliarov, S. (2017). Examining the learning fire detectors under real conditions of application. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (9 (87)), 53–59. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.101985
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Skliarov, S. (2017). Research into dynamics of setting the threshold and a probability of ignition detection by selfadjusting fire detectors. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (9 (89)), 43–48. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.110092
- Angus, D. (2019). Recurrence Methods for Communication Data, Reflecting on 20 Years of Progress. Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 5. doi: http://doi.org/10.3389/fams.2019.00054
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Meleshchenko, R., Gornostal, S. (2018). Analysis of correlation dimensionality of the state of a gas medium at early ignition of materials. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (10 (95)), 25–30. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.142995
- Pospelov, B., Rybka, E., Meleshchenko, R., Gornostal, S., Shcherbak, S. (2017). Results of experimental research into correlations between hazardous factors of ignition of materials in premises. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (10 (90)), 50–56. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.117789
- Bendat, J. S., Piersol, A. G. (2010). Random data: analysis and measurement procedures. John Wiley & Sons. doi: http://doi.org/10.1002/9781118032428
- Shafi, I., Ahmad, J., Shah, S. I., Kashif, F. M. (2009). Techniques to Obtain Good Resolution and Concentrated Time-Frequency Distributions: A Review. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 2009 (1). doi: http://doi.org/10.1155/2009/673539
- Pospelov, B., Rybka, E., Togobytska, V., Meleshchenko, R., Danchenko, Y., Butenko, T. et. al. (2019). Construction of the method for semi-adaptive threshold scaling transformation when computing recurrent plots. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (10 (100)), 22–29. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.176579
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Samoilov, M., Krainiukov, O., Biryukov, I. et. al. (2021). Development of the method of operational forecasting of fire in the premises of objects under real conditions. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (110)), 43–50. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.226692
- Pospelov, B., Rybka, E., Meleshchenko, R., Krainiukov, O., Biryukov, I., Butenko, T. et. al. (2021). Short-term fire forecast based on air state gain recurrence and zero-order brown model. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (10 (111)), 27–33. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.233606
- Mandel'brot, B. (2002). Fraktal'naya geometriya prirody. Moscow: Institut komp'yuternykh issledovaniy, 656.
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Krainiukov, O., Maksymenko, N., Meleshchenko, R. et. al. (2020). Mathematical model of determining a risk to the human health along with the detection of hazardous states of urban atmosphere pollution based on measuring the current concentrations of pollutants. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (10 (106)), 37–44. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.210059
- Materials of 7th International Symposium on Recurrence Plots (2017).
- Marwan, N. (2011). How to avoid potential pitfalls in recurrence plot based data analysis. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 21 (4), 1003–1017. doi: http://doi.org/10.1142/s0218127411029008
- Marwan, N., Webber, C. L., Macau, E. E. N., Viana, R. L. (2018). Introduction to focus issue: Recurrence quantification analysis for understanding complex systems. Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 28 (8), 085601. doi: http://doi.org/10.1063/1.5050929
- Ramachandran, K. M., Tsokos, C. P. (2021). Mathematical Statistics with Applications in R. Elsevier Inc., 680.
- Cheng, R., Currie, C. (2009). Resampling methods of analysis in simulation studies. Proceedings of the 2009 Winter Simulation Conference, 45–59. doi: http://doi.org/10.1109/wsc.2009.5429319
- Pospelov, B., Andronov, V., Rybka, E., Krainiukov, O., Karpets, K., Pirohov, O. et. al. (2019). Development of the correlation method for operative detection of recurrent states. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (4 (102)), 39–46. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.187252
- Bakhrushyn, V. E. (2011). Metody analizu danykh. Zaporizhzhia: KPU, 268.
- Wasserman, L. (2006). All of nonparametric statistics. Springer, 270. doi: http://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-30623-4
- Li, Z., Zhao, Y., Hu, X., Botta, N., Ionescu, C., Chen, G. (2022). ECOD: Unsupervised Outlier Detection Using Empirical Cumulative Distribution Functions. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 1–1. doi: http://doi.org/10.1109/tkde.2022.3159580
- Naaman, M. (2021). On the tight constant in the multivariate Dvoretzky-Kiefer-Wolfowitz inequality. Statistics & Probability Letters, 173, 109088. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2021.109088
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Volodymyr Sadkovyi, Boris Pospelov, Evgenіy Rybka, Borys Kreminskyi, Oleksandr Yashchenko, Yuliia Bezuhla, Eleonora Darmofal, Eduard Kochanov, Svitlana Hryshko, Iryna Kozynska
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.