Analysis of risks and safety indicators of raw materials and products of the sugar industry of Kazakhstan
Keywords:HACCP, sugar industry, safety, beet pulp, molasses, risks, microbiological indicators, toxic elements
The objects of research are the process of sugar beet processing, sugar beet, sugar and molasses.
The problem of determining critical control points in sugar beet processing and safety indicators of raw materials and products of the sugar industry was solved.
The results were obtained based on the risk analysis and the system of control points for sugar beet processing, five critical control points were identified according to the criteria of physical, chemical and biological contamination. It was also found that in terms of safety indicators, raw materials – sugar beet, and finished products meet the requirements of regulatory documents for microbiological indicators and heavy metal content.
The safety indicators of sugar beet, white sugar, molasses and beet pulp were studied. Microbiological indicators: CGB (coliforms), pathogens and S.aureus were not found in sugar beet samples. Microbiological indicators of QMAFAnM and yeast of white sugar, molasses and pulp 1–5*102, 6–7*102, 5–8*102 and 2–3*101, 1–3*101, 1*101 CFU/cm3, respectively, are within acceptable limits. The content of toxic elements did not exceed the permissible limits.
For Kazakhstan sugar factories, no studies on hazard analysis and critical control points in the sugar industry have been conducted before, so the results of the study will fill this gap.
The scope and conditions for the practical use of the results obtained are the possibilities of raising the quality of finished products and improving the safety of raw materials and finished products, increasing the shelf life of by-products (molasses, beet pulp) of sugar beet production. These opportunities are based on the hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) in sugar beet processing
- Bugaenko, I. F. (1994). Analiz poter' sakhara v sakharnom proizvodstve i puti ikh snizheniya. Kursk: AP «Kursk», 128.
- Astakhova, N. V., Ermolaeva, E. O., Trofimova, N. B. (2020). Development of a food safety management system based on HACCP principles in the production of chocolate wafers. Food processing industry = Pischevaya promyshlennost', 5, 39-43. doi: https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2486-2020-10053
- Varivoda, A. A., Ovcharova, G. P. (2013). Tekhnologiya khraneniya i pererabotki moloka i molochnykh produktov. Saarbryukken: Palmarium Academic Pudlishing, 256.
- Tungyshbayeva, U., Mannino, S., Uazhanova, R., Adilbekov, M., Yakiyayeva, M., Kazhymurat, A. (2021). Development of a methodology for determining the critical limits of the critical control points of the production of bakery products in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (111)), 57–69. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.234969
- Liu, Y., Sabadash, S., Duan, Z., Deng, C. (2022). The influence of different drying methods on the quality attributes of beetroots. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (117)), 60–68. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.258049
- Sadovnikova, M. A., Makarova, L. V. (2018). Analiz poter' pri proizvodstve sakhara (na primere OAO «Atmis-sakhar» g. Kamenki). Molodoy ucheniy, 49 (235), 52–55. URL: https://moluch.ru/archive/235/54712/
- Pusik, L., Pusik, V., Bondarenko, V., Gaevaya, L., Kyruchina, N., Kuts, O. et. al. (2022). Determiningcarrot preservation depending on the root quality and size, as well as on storage techniques. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (115)), 26–32. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.251785
- Gharib-Bibalan, S., Keramat, J., Hamdami, N., Hojjatoleslamy, M. Optimization of fenton oxidation process for the degradation of color precursors in raw sugar beet juice. Sugar Tech, 18 (3), 273–284. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12355-015-0398-6
- Kotzamanidis, C. Z., Arvanitoyannis, I., Skaracis, G. N., Hadjiantoniou, D. Ch. (2000). Implementation of hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) to the production line of sugar, molasses and pulp. Sugar industry, 125, 970–925. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233985525_Implementation_of_hazard_analysis_critical_control_point_HACCP_to_a_production_line_of_beet_sugar_molasses_and_pulp_A_case_study
- Wicher, E. W., Hermosilla, J. L. G., Silva, E. C., Azollini, W. (2012). Traceability for Food Safety: the case of a sugar factory and alcohol distillery plant. International conference on industrial Engineering and Operetions Management. Guimaraes. Available at: https://abepro.org.br/biblioteca/icieom2012_submission_145.pdf
- Robles-Gancedo, S., López-Díaz, T. M., Otero, A. (2009). Microbiological Counts during Beet Sugar Extraction. Journal of Food Protection, 72 (6), 1332–1337. doi: https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028x-72.6.1332
- Kusstatscher, P., Zachow, C., Harms, K., Maier, J., Eigner, H., Berg, G., Cernava, T. (2019). Microbiome-driven identification of microbial indicators for postharvest diseases of sugar beets. Microbiome, 7 (1). doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40168-019-0728-0
- Sabyrkhan, A. Zh., Ermakhanova, A. B. et. al. (2019). Analiz gribkovogo soobschestva sakharnoy svekly pri khranenii. VIII Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya «Novoe v tekhnologii i tekhnike funktsional'nykh produktov pitaniya na osnove mediko-biologicheskikh vozzreniy», posvyaschennaya 90-letiyu tekhnologicheskogo fakul'teta. Voronezh, 450–452. Available at: http://old.vsuet.ru/science/conference2019/mat_28-03-2019.pdf
- Meyes, T., Mertimor, S. (2005). Effektivnoe vnedrenie KhASSP: uchimsya na opyte drugikh. Sankt-Peterburg: Professiya, 288.
- Dunchenko, N. I., Magomedov, M. D., Rybin, A. V. (2008). Upravlenie kachestvom v otraslyakh pischevoy promyshlennosti. Moscow, 211.
- Novikova, A. V., Bartenev, I. I., Kravets, M. V., Gavrin, D. S. (2014). Rezul'taty issledovaniya vliyaniya preparatov fungitsidnogo deystviya na sokhrannost' matochnykh korneplodov. Priemy i sredstva povysheniya produktivnosti sakharnoy svekly i drugikh kul'tur sevooborota. Voronezh, 92–96.
- Kupriyanov, A. V. (2013). Razrabotka i vnedrenie sistemy KhASPP na predpriyatiyakh pischevoy promyshlennosti. Orenburg, 89.
- Gharib-Bibalan, S., Keramat, J., Hamdami, N., Hojjatoleslamy, M. (2016). Optimization of fenton oxidation process for the degradation of color precursors in raw sugar beet juice. Sugar Tech, 18 (3), 273–284. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12355-015-0398-6
- Grigorenko, V. R. (2017). Puti sokhraneniya urozhaya korneplodov sakharnoy svekly i sakharistosti pri ugroze nalichiya kornevykh gniley. Materialy IX Mezhdunarodnoy studencheskoy nauchnoy konferentsii «Studencheskiy nauchnyy forum». Available at: https://scienceforum.ru/2017/article/2017038968
- Iztaev, A. I., Yakiyaeva, M. A., Arynova, R. A. et. al. (2020). Innovatsionnye tekhnologii dlitel'nogo khraneniya sakharnoy svekly. Almaty: TOO Izdatel'stvo "Fortunv Poligraf", 480.
- Stognienko, O. I. (2014). Izmeneniya v patogennom komplekse kagatnoy gnili, proizoshedshie za 80 let. Priemy i sredstva povysheniya produktivnosti sakharnoy svekly i drugikh kul'tur sevooborota. Voronezh, 106–109. Available at: http://vniiss.com/ChitZal/Book/Sbornik2014.pdf
- Dautova, Z. F., Alimgafarov, R. R. (2013). Khimicheskiy sostav korneploda sakharnoy svekly. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii, 9, 12–13. Available at: https://top-technologies.ru/ru/article/view?id=33159
- Petenko, A. I., Molotilin, Yu. I. (2008). Konservirovanie sveklovichnogo zhoma s bakterial'nymi zakvaskami. Zemlya i Zhizn'. Rossiyskaya agrarnaya gazeta, 13 (157). Available at: https://биотехагро.рф/zagotovka-kormov/zagotovka-kormov-04
- Vrednoe vozdeystvie tyazhelykh metallov na organizm cheloveka. Available at: https://www.studsell.com/view/29881/
- Ovchinnikova, Yu. A., Papikyan, T. A. (2016). Vliyanie gerbitsidov na urozhaynost' sakharnoy svekly. Molodoy ucheniy, 23 (127), 189–192. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/127/35138/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Nurlan Dautkanov, Dina Dautkanova, Saltanat Mussayeva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.