Determination of optimal technological parameters of obtaining stevia extract in technology of sour dairy desserts
Keywords:fermented milk product, stevia leaf extract, sweet extract, rotary pulse apparatus, extractives
In order to determine the optimal technological parameters for obtaining stevia leaf sweet extract, the dependence of the extractives' yield on the temperature and extraction process duration was investigated. A mathematical model has been built that makes it possible to determine and predict the extraction process at different technological parameters in order to effectively obtain extractive substances.
The expediency of using whey from the production of fermented milk cheese as an extractant for obtaining stevia extract has been substantiated. It was experimentally established and mathematically confirmed that the use of whey makes it possible to increase the yield of extractives by 12.1 %, as opposed to the use of an aqueous solution.
In order to intensify the extraction process, it is proposed to use a rotary-pulse apparatus. It was found that the application of a rotary-pulse apparatus makes it possible to increase the yield of extractive substances from sweet grass by 0.1–0.4 % compared to maceration.
The optimal technological parameters for obtaining stevia extract have been determined: hydro module, 1:15; extractant, whey; extraction temperature, 85±5 °С; process duration, 20–25 min. The use of graphic and mathematical modeling in the environments "Mathcad" and "Statistica" helped construct 3D-graphic models to illustrate the dependence of the degree of extraction of extractive substances from dry stevia leaves on the technological parameters for obtaining extracts.
The improved technology of obtaining stevia leaf sweet extract will significantly expand the range of "healthy foods" through the partial or complete replacement of sugar. The production of such dietary products will have a social effect and economic attractiveness for food industry enterprises
- Belemets, T., Radzievskaya, I., Yushchenko, N., Kuzmyk, U. (2020). Determining the efficiency of using egg products for the stabilization of emulsion when making milk-containing curds-based products. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (11 (106)), 14–23. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.210006
- Kalmykova, Y., Kalmykov, S., Bismak, H., Beziazychna, O., Okun, D. (2020). Results of the use of physical therapy for metabolic syndrome according to anthropometric studies. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 16 (2). doi: https://doi.org/10.14198/jhse.2021.162.09
- Kalmykova, Y., Kalmykov, S., Bismak, H. (2018). Dynamics of anthropometric and hemodynamic indicators on the condition of young women with alimentary obesity in the application of a comprehensive program of physical therapy. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 18 (4), 2417–2427. doi: https://doi.org/10.7752/jpes.2018.04364
- Farhat, G., Berset, V., Moore, L. (2019). Effects of Stevia Extract on Postprandial Glucose Response, Satiety and Energy Intake: A Three-Arm Crossover Trial. Nutrients, 11 (12), 3036. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11123036
- McCain, H. R., Kaliappan, S., Drake, M. A. (2018). Invited review: Sugar reduction in dairy products. Journal of Dairy Science, 101 (10), 8619–8640. doi: https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2017-14347
- Singh, D. P., Kumari, M., Prakash, H. G., Rao, G. P., Solomon, S. (2019). Phytochemical and Pharmacological Importance of Stevia: A Calorie-Free Natural Sweetener. Sugar Tech, 21 (2), 227–234. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12355-019-00704-1
- Saraiva, A., Carrascosa, C., Raheem, D., Ramos, F., Raposo, A. (2020). Natural Sweeteners: The Relevance of Food Naturalness for Consumers, Food Security Aspects, Sustainability and Health Impacts. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17 (17), 6285. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17176285
- Samuel, P., Ayoob, K. T., Magnuson, B. A., Wölwer-Rieck, U., Jeppesen, P. B., Rogers, P. J. et. al. (2018). Stevia Leaf to Stevia Sweetener: Exploring Its Science, Benefits, and Future Potential. The Journal of Nutrition, 148 (7), 1186S–1205S. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/nxy102
- Marcinek, K., Krejpcio, Z. (2016). Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni: health promoting properties and therapeutic applications. Journal Für Verbraucherschutz Und Lebensmittelsicherheit, 11 (1), 3–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00003-015-0968-2
- Yushchenko, N., Belemets, T. (2015). Use of milk whey for obtaining extracts based on stevia leaves. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 2 (22), 214–221. Available at: http://dspace.nuft.edu.ua/jspui/handle/123456789/26187
- Belemets, T., Radziyevska, I., Yushchenko, N., Kuzmyk, U., Pasichnyi, V., Kochubei-Lytvynenko, O. et. al. (2021). Impact of vegetable oils on the fatty acid composition of a milk-containing curd product. Journal of Hygienic Engineering and Design, 34, 150–160. Available at: https://keypublishing.org/jhed/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/18.-JHED-Volume-34-FFP-Full-paper-Tatiana-Belemets.pdf
- De Carvalho, M. W., Arriola, N. D. A., Pinto, S. S., Verruck, S., Fritzen-Freire, C. B., Prudêncio, E. S., Amboni, R. D. de M. C. (2018). Stevia-fortified yoghurt: Stability, antioxidant activity and in vitro digestion behaviour. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 72 (1), 57–64. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0307.12559
- Abou-Arab, A. E., Abou-Arab, A. A., Abu-Salem, M. F. (2010). Physico-chemical assessment of natural sweeteners steviosides produced from Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni plant. African Journal of Food Science, 4 (5), 269–281. Available at: https://academicjournals.org/article/article1380720967_Abou-Arab%20et%20al.pdf
- Lisak, K., Lenc, M., Jeličić, I., Božanić, R. (2012). Sensory evaluation of the strawberry flavored yoghurt with stevia and sucrose addition. Hrvatski časopis za prehrambenu tehnologiju, biotehnologiju i nutricionizam, 7, 39–43. Available at: https://hrcak.srce.hr/file/123163
- Velotto, S., Parafati, L., Ariano, A., Palmeri, R., Pesce, F., Planeta, D. et. al. (2021). Use of stevia and chia seeds for the formulation of traditional and vegan artisanal ice cream. International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, 26, 100441. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgfs.2021.100441
- Pereira, C. T. M., Pereira, D. M., de Medeiros, A. C., Hiramatsu, E. Y., Ventura, M. B., Bolini, H. M. A. (2021). Skyr yogurt with mango pulp, fructooligosaccharide and natural sweeteners: Physical aspects and drivers of liking. LWT, 150, 112054. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2021.112054
- Trukhachev, V., Sycheva, O., Starodubtseva, G., Veselova, M., Putrina, A. (2011). The combined dairy and vegetative dessert with stevia extract. Agricultural Bulletin of Stavropol Region, 2, 36–39. Available at: http://www.vapk26.ru/journals/06.pdf
- Buchilina, A., Aryana, K. (2021). Physicochemical and microbiological characteristics of camel milk yogurt as influenced by monk fruit sweetener. Journal of Dairy Science, 104 (2), 1484–1493. doi: https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2020-18842
- Mahato, D. K., Keast, R., Liem, D. G., Russell, C. G., Cicerale, S., Gamlath, S. (2021). Optimisation of natural sweeteners for sugar reduction in chocolate flavoured milk and their impact on sensory attributes. International Dairy Journal, 115, 104922. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idairyj.2020.104922
- Esmerino, E. A., Cruz, A. G., Pereira, E. P. R., Rodrigues, J. B., Faria, J. A. F., Bolini, H. M. A. (2013). The influence of sweeteners in probiotic Petit Suisse cheese in concentrations equivalent to that of sucrose. Journal of Dairy Science, 96 (9), 5512–5521. doi: https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2013-6616
- Granato, D., Santos, J. S., Salem, R. D., Mortazavian, A. M., Rocha, R. S., Cruz, A. G. (2018). Effects of herbal extracts on quality traits of yogurts, cheeses, fermented milks, and ice creams: a technological perspective. Current Opinion in Food Science, 19, 1–7. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cofs.2017.11.013
- Gamboa, F., Chaves, M. (2012). Antimicrobial potential of extracts from Stevia rebaudiana leaves against bacteria of importance in dental caries. Acta Odontológica Latinoamericana, 25 (2), 171–175. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233899208_Antimicrobial_potential_of_extracts_from_Stevia_rebaudiana_leaves_against_bacteria_of_importance_in_dental_caries/citations
- Milani, P. G., Formigoni, M., Dacome, A. S., Benossi, L., Costa, C. E. M. D., Costa, S. C. D. (2017). New seminal variety of Stevia rebaudiana: Obtaining fractions with high antioxidant potential of leaves. Anais Da Academia Brasileira de Ciências, 89 (3), 1841–1850. doi: https://doi.org/10.1590/0001-3765201720170174
- Roik, M. V., Kuznietsova, I. V. (2018). Technology of manufacture concen- trate from dried leaves of Stevia. Bulletin of Agricultural Science, 96 (4), 48–54. doi: https://doi.org/10.31073/agrovisnyk201804-08
- Menchik, P., Zuber, T., Zuber, A., Moraru, C. I. (2019). Short communication: Composition of coproduct streams from dairy processing: Acid whey and milk permeate. Journal of Dairy Science, 102 (5), 3978–3984. doi: https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2018-15951
- Yushchenko, N., Grabova, T., Kuzmyk, U., Pasichnyi, V. (2017). Determining the technological parameters of obtaining extraction of sumac for further use in the technology of sour-milk paste. Scientific Works of National University of Food Technologies, 23 (4), 177–182. doi: https://doi.org/10.24263/2225-2924-2017-23-4-23
- Jia, F., Chawhuaymak, J., Riley, M. R., Zimmt, W., Ogden, K. L. (2013). Efficient extraction method to collect sugar from sweet sorghum. Journal of Biological Engineering, 7 (1). doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/1754-1611-7-1
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Tatiana Belemets, Uliana Kuzmyk, Roman Gryshchenko, Tetiana Osmak
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.