Technology of craft confiture from non-traditional local raw materials
Keywords:fruit puree, quince puree, craft confiture, green tomato, model compositions
Climate change and lower yields require maximum utilization of natural resources. In order to reduce the loss of valuable raw materials, it is relevant to substantiate craft innovative technologies involving local raw materials with maximum resource conservation. Taking into consideration global trends in the production of organic craft products, it has been established that there is a need to introduce resource-saving technologies.
The object of research for the preparation of craft confiture was quince and green tomatoes. We examined 5 samples of confiture with different ratios of quince puree to the green tomato puree. Sensory analysis revealed that compared to the score of the control sample (14.94 points), sample No. 3 (14.87 points) with a ratio of 2:1 quince puree to green tomato puree is rational.
It was found that the viscosity and shear stress indicators for control sample No. 1 and sample No. 3 are quite similar. The measurement results showed that the systems that were investigated have stable structure characteristics of viscous-plastic systems. The research results show that the introduction of green tomato puree into the composition of the model compositions has almost no effect on the viscosity of the masses (sample No. 3) compared to the control sample. The obtained data show that, regardless of the shear rate, the structure is actually the same.
It was established that in the prototype of confiture there are no significant changes in the chemical composition. However, there is a slight decrease in the content of carbohydrates, organic acids, and phenolic compounds, by 20 %, which is associated with a decrease in the quince content and the introduction of green tomatoes into the recipe. The energy value of the new product decreased by 5 %, which is insignificant. Microbiological studies indicate the hygienic safety of manufactured confitures from fruit and vegetable raw materials according to the specified indicators and fully comply with established standards
- Ushkarenko, V. O., Munkin, M. V., Berdnikova, O. G. (2018). Formation of productivity of hybrids of tomato СХД-277 depending on mineral nutrition in conditions of irrigation of the south of Ukraine. Tavriyskyi naukovyi visnyk, 2 (100), 105–111. Available at: http://www.tnv-agro.ksauniv.ks.ua/archives/100_2018/part_2/17.pdf
- Zhu, C., Wu, S., Sun, T., Zhou, Z., Hu, Z., Yu, J. (2021). Rosmarinic Acid Delays Tomato Fruit Ripening by Regulating Ripening-Associated Traits. Antioxidants, 10 (11), 1821. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox10111821
- Friedman, M., Levin, C. E., Lee, S.-U., Kim, H.-J., Lee, I.-S., Byun, J.-O., Kozukue, N. (2009). Tomatine-Containing Green Tomato Extracts Inhibit Growth of Human Breast, Colon, Liver, and Stomach Cancer Cells. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 57 (13), 5727–5733. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/jf900364j
- Choi, K.-M., Lee, Y.-S., Shin, D.-M., Lee, S., Yoo, K.-S., Lee, M. K. et. al. (2013). Green tomato extract attenuates high-fat-diet-induced obesity through activation of the AMPK pathway in C57BL/6 mice. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 24 (1), 335–342. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnutbio.2012.06.018
- Bagoudou, A. F., Matsumoto, K., Chawalitpong, S., Park, H. Y., Vattem, D. A., Nakamura, S., Katayama, S. (2021). Maillard reaction products derived from heat-dried green tomato increase longevity and neuroprotection in Caenorhabditis elegans. Food Science and Technology Research, 27 (5), 747–757. doi: https://doi.org/10.3136/fstr.27.747
- Ryapolova, I. O., Honcharuk, D. V. (2020). Development of recipes and examination of sawn products from non-condensed raw materials. Scientific notes of Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University. Series: Technical Sciences, 31 (6), 89–94. doi: https://doi.org/10.32838/TNU-2663-5941/2020.6-2/16
- Recio Colmenares, R. B., Recio Colmenares, C. L., Pilatowsky Figueroa, I. (2020). Estudio experimental de la deshidratación de tomate verde (Pysalis ixocarpa brot) utilizando un secador solar de tipo directo. Bistua revista de la facultad de ciencias basicas, 17 (1), 76–86. doi: https://doi.org/10.24054/01204211.v1.n1.2019.3136
- Vasylieva, O. O. (2021). Technology of sweet sauce quince fruit and dogwood. Obladnannia ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv, 1 (42), 13–19. Available at: https://oblad.donnuet.edu.ua/index.php/tehnolog/issue/view/12/29
- Lozova, T. P. (2019). Trends and problems of logistic development of the fruit and fruit products market. Economic Innovations, 21 (2 (71)), 70–82. doi: https://doi.org/10.31520/ei.2019.21.2(71).70-82
- Deynichenko, G., Lystopad, T., Novik, A., Chernushenko, L., Farisieiev, A., Matsuk, Y., Kolisnychenko, T. (2020). Determining the content of macronutrients in berry sauces using a method of IR-spectroscopy. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (107)), 32–42. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.213365
- Lystopad, T., Deinychenko, G., Pasichnyi, V., Shevchenko, A., Zhukov, Y. (2020). Rheological studies of berry sauces with iodine-containing additives. Ukrainian Food Journal, 9 (3), 651–663. doi: https://doi.org/10.24263/2304-974x-2020-9-3-13
- Liu, Z. (20189). Optimization of the processing technology of low sugar jujube jam by response surface methodology. China Condiment, 44 (10), 77–80.
- Abduraimova, М., Alibekov, R., Orymbetova, G., Nurseitova, Z., Gabrilyants, Е. (2020). Food safety and HACCP system in the apple jam production. Industrial Technology and Engineering, 3 (36), 38–44. Available at: https://sjau.auezov.edu.kz/index.php/engineering/article/view/78/70
- Juan, C., Mañes, J., Font, G., Juan-García, A. (2017). Determination of mycotoxins in fruit berry by-products using QuEChERS extraction method. LWT, 86, 344–351. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2017.08.020
- Rodriguez Bernal, J. M., Herrera-Ardila, Y. M., Olivares-Tenorio, M. L., Leyva-Reyes, M. F., Klotz-Ceberio, B. F. (2020). Determination of antioxidant capacity in blackberry (Rubus glaucus) jam processed by hydrotermodynamic cavitation compared with traditional technology. DYNA, 87 (215), 118–125. doi: https://doi.org/10.15446/dyna.v87n215.84521
- Awulachew, M. T. (2021). A Current Perspective to Jam Production. Advances in Nutrition & Food Science, 6 (1). doi: https://doi.org/10.33140/anfs.06.01.01
- Cascales, E. V., García, J. M. R. (2020). Characteristics of the raw fruit, industrial pulp, and commercial jam elaborated with Spanish quince (Cydonia oblonga Miller). Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture, 32 (8), 623–633. doi: https://doi.org/10.9755/ejfa.2020.v32.i8.2140
- Baroni, M. V., Gastaminza, J., Podio, N. S., Lingua, M. S., Wunderlin, D. A., Rovasio, J. L. et. al. (2018). Changes in the Antioxidant Properties of Quince Fruit (Cydonia oblonga Miller) during Jam Production at Industrial Scale. Journal of Food Quality, 2018, 1–9. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1460758
- Ergün, A. R., Tekgül, Y. (2021). Production of quince jam with ginkgo biloba extract as a pectin substitute: effects on physicochemical, microbiological, rheological and sensory qualities. GIDA / The Journal of FOOD, 46 (5), 1301–1312. doi: https://doi.org/10.15237/gida.gd21095
- Yousefi, M., Hossein Goli, S. A., Kadivar, M. (2018). Physicochemical and Nutritional Stability of Optimized Low-calorie Quince (Cydonia oblonga) Jam Containing Stevioside During Storage. Current Nutrition & Food Science, 14 (1), 79–87. doi: https://doi.org/10.2174/1573401313666170912164941
- Vaseghi, F., Jouki, M., Rabbani, M. (2020). Investigation of physicochemical and organoleptic properties of low-calorie functional quince jam using pectin, quince seed gum and enzymatic invert sugar. Food Science and Technology, 17 (106), 157–171. doi: https://doi.org/10.52547/fsct.17.106.157
- Barbieri, S. F., de Oliveira Petkowicz, C. L., de Godoy, R. C. B., de Azeredo, H. C. M., Franco, C. R. C., Silveira, J. L. M. (2018). Pulp and Jam of Gabiroba (Campomanesia xanthocarpa Berg): Characterization and Rheological Properties. Food Chemistry, 263, 292–299. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.05.004
- Zokirova, M., Saribaeva, D., Xojieva, S. (2020). Research technology of production of herbal and natural preserves. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, 7 (2), 325–333.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Oksana Dzyundzya, Artem Antonenko, Tеtіana Brovenko, Galina Tolok, Myroslav Kryvoruchko, Tetiiana Bozhko, Dmytro Antiushko, Svitlana Vezhlivtseva, Tetiana Lebedenko, Nataliia Kovalenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.