Importance of the integrated manufacturing execution system for a metallurgical enterprise
Keywords:integrated management system, software implementation in production, metal products manufacturing
The object of the study is Manufacturing Execution System. The relevance of the study is conditioned by the fact that the metallurgical industry has been demonstrating a high level of volatility in the global market over the past few years. The issue of the effectiveness of the metallurgical enterprise is directly related to ensuring environmental safety. The purpose of the study is to consider how the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) operates in the metallurgical industry and highlight its features, offering recommendations aimed at improving operational efficiency with the introduction of MES systems at enterprises of the metallurgical industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The following methods were used in the study: analysis, synthesis, comparison, graphical representation of data. Using the example of the Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works, the study examined the relationship between MES and APCS (Automated Process Control System), highlighted the requirements for the transition from individual management of particular cases of technological rules and restrictions to the digitization of general algorithms. It was defined that the advantages of a production system include its fast payback. Also, it was determined that the MES system allows automating production operations and information support, carrying out operational planning, accounting for production and quality of metal products, tracking the history of each product, managing equipment, and analyzing performance. In addition, the recommendations that can be used as a basis for creating an enterprise development program, increasing the level of productivity, therefore, reducing the cost of the enterprise's products, were developed
- Sergeyeva, O. Yu. (2018). «Industry 4.0» as a mechanism for forming «Smart production». Nanotechnologies in Construction: A Scientific Internet-Journal, 10 (2), 100–113. doi: https://doi.org/10.15828/2075-8545-2018-10-2-100-113
- Tarasov, I. V. (2019). Approaches to developing a strategic program of company’s digital transformation. Strategic Decisions and Risk Management, 10 (2), 182–190. doi: https://doi.org/10.17747/2618-947x-2019-2-182-190
- Tsvetkov, V. Ya. (2017). Cyber-physical systems. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research, 6 (1), 64–65. Available at: https://s.applied-research.ru/pdf/2017/6-1/11623.pdf
- Lobov, A., Haapala, K. R. (2019). Towards sustainable manufacturing by extending Manufacturing Execution System functions. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/icit.2019.8755102
- Recommendations for solving problems with the use of digital projects (solutions) and improving the efficiency of enterprises (2021). JSC "Kazakhstan center of industry and export “QAZINDUSTRY”. Available at: https://qazindustry.gov.kz/docs/2020-utv.pdf
- Chehri, A., Zimmermann, A., Schmidt, R., Masuda, Y. (2021). Theory and Practice of Implementing a Successful Enterprise IoT Strategy in the Industry 4.0 Era. Procedia Computer Science, 192, 4609–4618. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2021.09.239
- Armellini, D., Borzone, P., Ceschia, S., Di Gaspero, L., Schaerf, A. (2018). Modeling and solving the steelmaking and casting scheduling problem. International Transactions in Operational Research, 27 (1), 57–90. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/itor.12595
- Li, J., Duan, P., Sang, H., Wang, S., Liu, Z., Duan, P. (2018). An Efficient Optimization Algorithm for Resource-Constrained Steelmaking Scheduling Problems. IEEE Access, 6, 33883–33894. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/access.2018.2840512
- Liu, S., Xie, S., Zhang, Q. (2021). Multi-energy synergistic optimization in steelmaking process based on energy hub concept. International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, 28 (8), 1378–1386. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12613-021-2281-7
- Shinkevich, A. I., Malysheva, T. V. (2020). Waste management for production of steel electric welding pipes using Data Mining technologies and MES systems. CIS Iron and Steel Review, 20, 70–75. doi: https://doi.org/10.17580/cisisr.2020.02.15
- Liu, S., Zhao, Y., Li, X., Liu, X., Lyu, Q., Hao, L. (2021). An Online Sintering Batching System Based on Machine Learning and Intelligent Algorithm. ISIJ International, 61 (8), 2237–2248. doi: https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.isijint-2020-522
- Verevka, T., Mirolyubov, A., Makio, J. (2021). Opportunities and Barriers to Using Big Data Technologies in the Metallurgical Industry. Innovations in Digital Economy, 86–102. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-84845-3_6
- Yanzhao, L., Panfilova, E. S., Lvova, M. I. (2020). Formation of the capital structure of metallurgical industry companies in conditions of sustainable industry development 4.0. E3S Web of Conferences, 208, 07006. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202020807006
- Zheng, Z., Zhang, K., Gao, X. (2021). Human-cyber-physical system for production and operation decision optimization in smart steel plants. Science China Technological Sciences, 65 (2), 247–260. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11431-020-1838-6
- Gong, Z.-X., Zhang, W.-X., Li, T.-K., Wang, B.-L. (2021). Product life cycle-based digital plant modelling method for process industry. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 1043 (2), 022049. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/1043/2/022049
- Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works. Available at: https://mmk.ru/en/
- Chuzlov, V. A., Nazarova, G. Y., Dolganov, I. M., Dolganova, I. O., Seitenova, G. Zh. (2019). Calculation of the optimal blending component ratio by using mathematical modeling method. Petroleum Science and Technology, 37 (10), 1170–1175. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10916466.2019.1578800
- Nazarova, G., Ivashkina, E., Shafran, T., Oreshina, A., Seitenova, G. (2020). Prediction of residue coke content and operating modes of regenerator in the catalytic cracking technology. Petroleum Science and Technology, 38 (24), 1017–1025. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10916466.2020.1825966
- Abenov, Y. M., Kirdasinova, K. A., Tulaganov, A. B., Zhumataeva, B. A., Mutalyievа, L. M., Issayeva, B. K. (2019). Entrepreneurship education: Teaching and learning modern mechanisms of entrepreneurship development based on public-private partnership. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 22 (5). Available at: https://www.abacademies.org/articles/Entrepreneurship-education-teaching-and-learning-1528-2651-22-5-450.pdf
- Suerbaev, Kh. A., Chepaikin, E. G., Kanapieva, F. M., Seitenova, G. Zh. (2009). Carboxylation of organic compounds with metal alkyl carbonates (review). Petroleum Chemistry, 49 (4), 265–273. doi: https://doi.org/10.1134/s096554410904001x
- Kashtanov, S. F., Polukarov, Y. O., Polukarov, O. I., Mitiuk, L. O., Kachynska, N. F. (2021). Specifics of modern security requirements for software of electronic machine control systems. INCAS BULLETIN, 13 (S), 87–97. doi: https://doi.org/10.13111/2066-8201.2021.13.s.9
- Nazarova, G. Y., Ivashkina, E. N., Oreshina, A. A., Vymyatnin, E. K., Seytenova, G. Z., Burumbaeva, G. R. (2020). Vacuum distillate catalytic cracking technology modelling: Feedstock and products composition and properties investigation. Petroleum & Coal, 62 (2), 380–389.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Serik Kurmanov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.