Justification of the selection of cereal crops for the production of new cereal beverages
Keywords:grain crops, physical and chemical composition, amino acid composition, fatty acid composition, safety of raw materials
One of the most important factors that has a negative impact on the health of the population of the Republic of Kazakhstan is a violation of the diet, due to insufficient consumption of high-grade proteins, vitamins, macro- and microelements and their irrational ratio.
In the Republic of Kazakhstan, cereals are produced in large volumes, but there is no production of beverages based on vegetable raw materials, although the production of plant-based milk is already widespread throughout the world. The use of local vegetable raw materials from different regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the production technology of cereal milk beverages is an actual and promising direction in the food industry.
The results of a study of the quality of the following selection grain crops of the Republic of Kazakhstan are presented: rice "Syr Suluy", "Aykerim" and "Marzhan"; oats "Duman", "Bitik", "Arman"; buckwheat "Shortandin", "Batyr" and "Saulyk".
The results of protein analysis in rice grains showed that the “Syr Suluy” variety has higher rates, which amounted to 7.96 %. In the studied samples of oat grains of the Duman variety, the mass fraction of carbohydrates is 2.8 %; 1.54 % higher than the varieties "Bitik" and "Arman". Protein analysis in buckwheat grains showed that the Shortandin variety (13.04 %) has higher rates.
Studies have shown that the studied samples of grain crops in terms of safety comply with the requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union "On safety of grain". The data obtained will be used to develop new technologies for cereal beverages
- Fiocchi, A., Brozek, J., Schunemann, H., Bahna, S., A. von Berg, Beyer, K., et al. (2010). World Allergy Organization (WAO) Diagnosis and Rationale for Action against Cow's milk Allergy (DRACMA) guidelines. A review WAO Journal, 3 (4), 57–161. doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/wox.0b013e3181defeb9
- Vanga, S. K., Raghavan, V. (2017). How well do plant based alternatives fare nutritionally compared to cow’s milk? Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55 (1), 10–20. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-017-2915-y
- El-Agamy, E. I. (2007). The challenge of cow milk protein allergy. Small Ruminant Research, 68 (1-2), 64–72. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smallrumres.2006.09.016
- Wal, J.-M. (2004). Bovine milk allergenicity. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 93 (5), S2–S11. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/s1081-1206(10)61726-7
- Vojdani, A., Turnpaugh, C., Vojdani, E. (2018). Immune reactivity against a variety of mammalian milks and plant-based milk substitutes. Journal of Dairy Research, 85 (3), 358–365. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/s0022029918000523
- Mäkinen, O. E., Uniacke-Lowe, T., O’Mahony, J. A., Arendt, E. K. (2015). Physicochemical and acid gelation properties of commercial UHT-treated plant-based milk substitutes and lactose free bovine milk. Food Chemistry, 168, 630–638. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.07.036
- Вento, R. S., Scapim, M. R. S., Ambrosio-Ugri, M. C. B. (2012). Production and characterization of the quinoa and rice water soluble extract-based chocolate drink. Revista Do Instituto Adolfo Lutz, 71 (2), 317–323.
- El-Batawy, O. I., Mahdy, S. M., Gohari, S. T. (2018). Development of Functional Fermented Oat Milk by Using Probiotic Strains and Whey Protein. International Journal of Dairy Science, 14 (1), 21–28. doi: https://doi.org/10.3923/ijds.2019.21.28
- Silva, A. R. A., Silva, M. M. N., Ribeiro, B. D. (2020). Health issues and technological aspects of plant-based alternative milk. Food Research International, 131, 108972. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2019.108972
- Kak razvivaetsia rynok rastitelnykh analogov moloka? Available at: https://milknews.ru/longridy/rastitelniye-analogi-moloka.html
- Matveeva, I. V., Beliavskaia, I. G. (2001). Biotekhnologicheskie osnovy prigotovleniia khleba. Moscow: DeLi print, 150.
- Radionova, A. V. (2014). Analiz sostoianiia i perspektiv razvitiia rossiiskogo rynka funktcionalnykh napitkov, 1.
- Sethi, S., Tyagi, S. K., Anurag, R. K. (2016). Plant-based milk alternatives an emerging segment of functional beverages: a review. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 53 (9), 3408–3423. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-016-2328-3
- Min, M., Bunt, C. R., Mason, S. L., Hussain, M. A. (2018). Non-dairy probiotic food products: An emerging group of functional foods. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 59 (16), 2626–2641. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2018.1462760
- Hambleton, M. (2017). Us non-dairy milk market report. New York.
- Kak razvivaetsia rynok rastitelnykh analogov moloka? (2018). Milknews: Novosti i analitika molochnogo rynka. Available at: https://milknews.ru/longridy/rastitelniye-analogi-moloka.html
- Wong, V. (2013). Soy milk fades as americans opt for drinkable almonds. Business Week. Available at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-08-21/soy-milk-fades-as-americans-opt-for-drinkable-almonds?leadSource=uverify%20wall
- Jiang, S., Cai, W., Xu, B. (2013). Food Quality Improvement of Soy Milk Made from Short-Time Germinated Soybeans. Foods, 2 (2), 198–212. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/foods2020198
- Zungur Bastıoğlu, A., Tomruk, D., Koç, M., Ertekin, F. K. (2016). Spray dried melon seed milk powder: physical, rheological and sensory properties. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 53 (5), 2396–2404. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-016-2214-z
- Okorie, S. U., Adedokun, I. I., Duru, N. H. (2014). Effect of blending and storage conditions on the microbial quality and sensory characteristics of soy-tiger nut milk beverage. Food Science and Quality Management, 31, 96–103.
- Dharmasena, S., Capps, O. (2014). Unraveling Demand for Dairy-Alternative Beverages in the United States: The Case of Soymilk. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, 43 (1), 140–157. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/s106828050000695x
- Komarova, N. V., Kamentcev, Ia. S. (2006). Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po primeneniiu sistemy kapilliarnogo elektroforeza “Kapel”. Saint Petersburg: Veda, 212. Available at: http://www.anchem.ru/literature/books/kniga_kap_forez.pdf
- Delgado-Andrade, C., Navarro, M., López, H., López, M. C. (2003). Determination of total arsenic levels by hydride generation atomic absorption spectrometry in foods from south-east Spain: estimation of daily dietary intake. Food Additives and Contaminants, 20 (10), 923–932. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/02652030310001594450
- Agency for Strategic planning and reforms of the Republic of Kazakhstan Bureau of National statistics. Available at: http://stat.gov.kz
- Shatniuk, L. N. (2005). Pishchevye ingredienty v sozdanii produktov zdorovogo pitaniia. Pishchevye ingredienty: syre i dobavki, 2, 18–22.
- Kak uglevody vliiaiut na organizm cheloveka (2019). Available at: https://mygenetics.ru/blog/food/kak-uglevody-vliyayut-na-organizm-cheloveka/
- hcherbakov, V. G., Lobanov, V. G., Prudnikova T. N. et. al.; Shcherbakov, V. G. (Ed.) (2003). Biokhimiia. Moscow: Kolos, 440.
- Tiuldiukov, V. A. (1988). Teoriia i praktika lugovodstva Moscow: Rosagropromizdat, 223.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Aigerim Khastayeva, Almira Bekturganova , Aigul Omaraliyeva, Zhanar Safuani, Bayan Baykhozhaeva, Zhanar Botbayeva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.