Digital transformation of banking services: development scenarios and management mechanisms
Keywords:banking innovations, banking system, information technologies, competitive advantages, economic efficiency
The search for new economic tools, technologies, and directions for the development of banking services in the context of increased competition is caused by the presence of several problems, which are outlined in the following way. First, the developing Kazakh banking services market is very attractive for foreign financial institutions, whose entry into the financial markets of leads to an increase in market concentration, and, as a result, an increase in competitive pressure. Secondly, the recent trend of growth of the Kazakh economy and the development of its real sector led to a decrease in the profitability of speculative instruments, which traditionally served as the main source of profit for banks. Third, during the reform of the Kazakh economy, there was a significant change in the value system of consumers of banking services, a shift in emphasis from the price characteristics of the product to the service ones, which increases the importance of developing and implementing modern technologies to meet customer demand. Fourth, under the current circumstances, it is important to identify the prospects for banks to maintain strategic competitive advantages in the national financial market, despite the increased presence of foreign companies. This requires studying the country features of the formation of the banking services market, identifying the main development trends, justifying a set of technologies to improve the efficiency of working with clients in a competitive environment. As a result of the author's research, the practical aspects and significance of banking services management are substantiated, based on which the corresponding conclusions are made
- Barkhatov, I. V. (2011). Osobennosti innovatcionnykh bankovskikh uslug. Vestnik Cheliabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 32 (247), 130–135.
- Benić-Penava, M. (2013). Banking of Croatia in the kingdom of Yugoslavia. Development Economics, 2, 10–15.
- Dolan, E. Dzh., Kempbell, K. D., Kempbell, R. Dzh. (1993). Dengi, bankovskoe delo i denezhno-kreditnaia politik. Moscow-Saint-Petersburg: Avtokomp; Profiko, 448.
- Ibraeva, Zh. N., Meirmanova, N. T. (2018). Development of the system for evaluating the effectiveness of active operations in the banking risk management system. Transit Economy, 2 (114), 77–87.
- Kaliyev, K., Nurmakhanova, M. (2020). Bank risk evaluation through Z-score measure and its effect on financial health of the industry of transitional economy of Kazakhstan. The Journal of Economic Research & Business Administration, 133, (3), 40–50. doi: https://doi.org/10.26577/be.2020.v133.i3.04
- Kalsina, E. A. (2012). Classification of bank of innovations. Scientific Works of the Free Economic Society of Russia, 163, 318–326.
- Kasymbekova, G. R., Markelova, M. A., Dzharikbaeva, D. T., Abdildin, S. S. (2019). Actual assessment of the equity capital of second-tier banks in Kazakhstan from the standpoint of various criteria. Bulletin of Turan University, 4 (84), 135–140.
- Kirdasinova, K. А., Sabirova, R. K., Aibossynova, D. A., Kabdullina, G. K. (2020). Contemporary management of commercial banks. The Bulletin the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 1 (383), 226–234. doi: https://doi.org/10.32014/2020.2518-1467.28
- Korobeynikova, O. M. (2020). Prospects of digital banking, blockchain guarantees. Scientific Bulletin of BelSU, 47(1), 110-116.
- Kunitcyna, N. N., Sitnikova, E. V. (20160. Regionalnyi rynok bankovskikh uslug: problemy i perspektivy razvitiia. Stavropol: SKFU, 191.
- Lambekova, A. N., Nurgalieva, A. M. (2017). Content, purpose and tasks of internal control in banks. Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 3, 24–27.
- Mobile banking on smartphones-review of mobile applications of Kazakhstan banks in 2019 (2020). Available at: https://www.deloitte.com
- Nesterov, L. V., Kupriianova, G. Ia. (2014). Bankovskie innovatcii na sovremennom etape. Voprosy ekonomiki, 11, 102–103.
- Parusimova, N. I. (2015). Bankovskoe delo v usloviiakh rosta neopredelennosti. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 4, 318–321.
- Poryadina, I. V. (2012). Measures to improve the assessment of the effectiveness of customer service of the bank. Banks of Kazakhstan, 2, 21–27.
- Shabanova, Yu. N., Chaikin, D. S. (2019). Institutional analysis of the structure of the regional banking system of the Russian Federation. Research Result. Economic Research, 5 (3), 52–65. doi: https://doi.org/10.18413/2409-1634-2019-5-3-0-6
- Tleuzhanova, M., Dzhaparova, K., Kodasheva, G. (2017). On the development of banking activity in Kazakhstan. Economics and Statistics, 2, 127–131.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Kasiya Kirdasinova, Nazerke Omarbekova, Baurzhan Tolysbaev, Zhuldyz Utegenova, Indira Ashimova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.