Determining patterns of vertical load on the prototype of a removable module for long-size cargoes
Keywords:transport mechanics, removable module, supporting structure, structural strength, structural adaptation
The object of this study is the processes of occurrence, exposure to, and redistribution of loads in the supporting structure of a removable module for the transportation of long cargoes.
To adapt platform cars to the transportation of long loads, it is proposed to introduce a removable module with elastic-friction connections in the structure.
In order to select the optimal profiles for the removable module, in terms of minimal material consumption, the calculation was carried out in the Lira software package. Based on the calculation results, a spatial model of the concept of the removable module was built.
To determine the dynamic loads that act on the platform car loaded with a removable module, a mathematical simulation was carried out. It was established that the use of elastic-friction links in the structure of the removable module helps reduce its dynamic load, as well as the platform car, by 4.6 %. The resulting acceleration was taken into account when calculating the strength of the removable module. The calculation results showed that the strength of the removable module under operational loads is ensured.
A feature of the reported results is that the proposed design of a removable module makes it possible not only to adapt the platform car to the transportation of long loads but also to reduce its load in operation.
The scope of practical application of the results includes the engineering industry, in particular, railroad transport. Worth noting is that the conditions for the practical use of the results imply the introduction of elastic-friction links in the structure of the removable module.
The reported research will contribute to compiling recommendations for the design of modern vehicle structures, in particular removable type, as well as for improving the efficiency of rail transportation.
- Lovska, A., Fomin, O., Kučera, P., Píštěk, V. (2020). Calculation of Loads on Carrying Structures of Articulated Circular-Tube Wagons Equipped with New Draft Gear Concepts. Applied Sciences, 10 (21), 7441. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/app10217441
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Khara, M., Nikolaienko, I., Lytvynenko, A., Sova, S. (2022). Adapting the load-bearing structure of a gondola car for transporting high-temperature cargoes. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (7 (116)), 6–13. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.253770
- Lewandowski, K. (2006). Nadwozia wymienne (swap body) w bezterminalowym systemie transportu szynowego. Sistemy transportowe, 6, 53–55. Available at: https://yadda.icm.edu.pl/baztech/element/bwmeta1.element.baztech-article-BGPK-1398-5437/c/Lewandowski.pdf
- Chuan-jin, O., Bing-tao, L. (2020). Research and application of new multimodal transport equipment-swap bodies in China. E3S Web of Conferences, 145, 02001. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202014502001
- Putyato, A. V. (2011). Osobennosti rascheta na prochnost' vagona-platformy dlya perevozki lesnykh gruzov. Vestnik Belorusskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta transporta: Nauka i transport, 1 (22), 13–18.
- Kelrikh, M. B., Fedosov-Nikonov, D. V. (2016). Doslidzhennia mitsnosti dovhobaznoi platformy. Visnyk Skhidnoukrainskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Volodymyra Dalia, 1 (225), 90–94.
- Silva, R., Ribeiro, D., Bragança, C., Costa, C., Arêde, A., Calçada, R. (2021). Model Updating of a Freight Wagon Based on Dynamic Tests under Different Loading Scenarios. Applied Sciences, 11 (22), 10691. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/app112210691
- Shaposhnyk, V., Shykunov, O., Reidemeister, A., Muradian, L., Potapenko, O. (2021). Determining the possibility of using removable equipment for transporting 20- and 40-feet-long containers on an universal platform wagon. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (7 (109)), 14–21. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.225090
- Lovska, A., Fomin, O., Píštěk, V., Kučera, P. (2020). Dynamic Load Modelling within Combined Transport Trains during Transportation on a Railway Ferry. Applied Sciences, 10 (16), 5710. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/app10165710
- Tretiak, E. V., Sulym, A. O., Khozia, P. O. (2020). Osnovni typy konstruktsiy dovhobaznykh vahoniv – platform ta doslidzhennia yikh mitsnosnykh kharakterystyk. Reikovyi rukhomyi sklad, 20, 27–33. Available at: https://ukrndiv.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/27-33.pdf
- Petrukhin, V. M. (2007). Pat. No. 24430 UA. Vantazhna odynytsia. No. u200703159; declareted: 26.03.2007; published: 25.06.2007, Bul. No. 9. Available at: https://base.uipv.org/searchINV/search.php?action=viewdetails&IdClaim=106417
- Petrukhin, V. M. (1997). Pat. No. 29934 UA. Prystriy dlia rozmishchennia i kriplennia vantazhiv na platformi. No. u97105256; declareted: 29.10.1997; published: 15.11.2000, Bul. No. 6. Available at: https://base.uipv.org/searchINV/search.php?action=viewdetails&IdClaim=79408
- Petrukhin, V. M. (2008). Pat. No. 39951 UA. Vantazhna odynytsia. No. u200809416; declareted: 18.07.2008; published: 25.03.2009, Bul. No. 6. Available at: https://base.uipv.org/searchINV/search.php?action=viewdetails&IdClaim=130253
- Barabash, M. S., Soroka, M. M., Surianinov, M. H. (2018). Neliniyna budivelna mekhanika z PK Lira-Sapr. Odessa: Ekolohiya, 248.
- Vatulia, G., Lobiak, A., Orel, Y. (2017). Simulation of performance of circular CFST columns under short-time and long-time load. MATEC Web of Conferences, 116, 02036. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201711602036
- Iwnicki, S. D., Stichel, S., Orlova, A., Hecht, M. (2015). Dynamics of railway freight vehicles. Vehicle System Dynamics, 53 (7), 995–1033. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2015.1037773
- Yang, C., Li, F., Huang, Y., Wang, K., He, B. (2013). Comparative study on wheel–rail dynamic interactions of side-frame cross-bracing bogie and sub-frame radial bogie. Journal of Modern Transportation, 21 (1), 1–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40534-013-0001-3
- Domin, Yu. V., Cherniak, H. Yu. (2003). Osnovy dynamiky vahoniv. Kyiv: KUETT, 269.
- Masliev, V. H., Kelrikh, M. B. (2016). Aktualni problemy dynamiky vahoniv. Kharkiv: UkrDUZT, 97.
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A. (2021). Determination of dynamic loading of bearing structures of freight wagons with actual dimensions. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (7 (110)), 6–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.220534
- Ibragimov, N. N., Rakhimov, R. V., Khadzhimukhamedova, M. A. (2015). Razrabotka konstruktsii konteynera dlya perevozki plodoovoschnoy produktsii. Molodoy ucheniy, 21 (101), 168–173. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/101/22929/
- Bhattacharyya, R., Hazra, A. (2013). A study on Stress analysis of ISO tank container. 58th Congress of The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316320046_A_study_on_stress_analysis_of_ISO_tank_container
- Fomin, O., Gorbunov, M., Gerlici, J., Vatulia, G., Lovska, A., Kravchenko, K. (2021). Research into the Strength of an Open Wagon with Double Sidewalls Filled with Aluminium Foam. Materials, 14 (12), 3420. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ma14123420
- Lovska, A., Fomin, O., Píštěk, V., Kučera, P. (2020). Dynamic Load and Strength Determination of Carrying Structure of Wagons Transported by Ferries. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 8 (11), 902. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/jmse8110902
- Nurmanova, V., Bagheri, M., Phung, T., Panda, S. K. (2017). Feasibility study on wind energy harvesting system implementation in moving trains. Electrical Engineering, 100 (3), 1837–1845. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-017-0664-6
- Stoilov, V., Simić, G., Purgić, S., Milković, D., Slavchev, S., Radulović, S., Maznichki, V. (2019). Comparative analysis of the results of theoretical and experimental studies of freight wagon Sdggmrss-twin. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 664 (1), 012026. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/664/1/012026
- Šťastniak, P., Moravčík, M., Smetanka, L. (2019). Investigation of strength conditions of the new wagon prototype type Zans. MATEC Web of Conferences, 254, 02037. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201925402037
- Shvabiuk, V. I. (2016). Opir materialiv. Kyiv: Znannia, 400.
- Kutsenko, A., Bondar, M., Chausov, M. (2019). Prykladna mekhanika (opir materialiv). Kyiv: Tsentr navchalnoi literatury, 736.
- Siasiev, A. V. (2007). Dyferentsialni rivniannia. Dnipropetrovsk: Vyd-vo DNU, 356.
- Lovskaya, A. (2014). Assessment of dynamic efforts to bodies of wagons at transportation with railway ferries. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3( 4 (69)), 36–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2014.24997
- Nerubatskyi, V., Plakhtii, O., Hordiienko, D. (2021). Control and Accounting of Parameters of Electricity Consumption in Distribution Networks. 2021 XXXI International Scientific Symposium Metrology and Metrology Assurance (MMA). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/mma52675.2021.9610907
- Dižo, J., Harušinec, J., Blatnický, M. (2017). Structural Analysis of a Modified Freight Wagon Bogie Frame. MATEC Web of Conferences, 134, 00010. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201713400010
- Dudnyk, V., Sinenko, Y., Matsyk, M., Demchenko, Y., Zhyvotovskyi, R., Repilo, I. et al. (2020). Development of a method for training artificial neural networks for intelligent decision support systems. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (2 (105)), 37–47. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.203301
- Nalapko, O., Shyshatskyi, A., Ostapchuk, V., Mahdi, Q. A., Zhyvotovskyi, R., Petruk, S. et al. (2021). Development of a method of adaptive control of military radio network parameters. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (9 (109)), 18–32. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.225331
- Lu, M., Chen, Y., Morphet, R., Lu, Y., Li, E. (2019). The spatial competition between containerised rail and sea transport in Eurasia. Palgrave Communications, 5 (1). doi: https://doi.org/10.1057/s41599-019-0334-6
- Fomin, O., Lovska, A., Melnychenko, O., Shpylovyi, I., Masliyev, V., Bambura, O., Klymenko, M. (2019). Determination of dynamic load features of tank containers when transported by rail ferry. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (7 (101)), 19–26. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.177311
- Domin, Yu. V. (2001). Zaliznychna tekhnika mizhnarodnykh transportnykh system (vantazhni perevezennia). Kyiv: “Yunikom-Pres”, 342.
- Lovskaya, A., Ryibin, A. (2016). The study of dynamic load on a wagon–platform at a shunting collision. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (7 (81)), 4–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.72054
- Nikitchenko, A., Artiukh, V., Shevchenko, D., Prakash, R. (2016). Evaluation of Interaction Between Flat Car and Container at Dynamic Coupling of Flat Cars. MATEC Web of Conferences, 73, 04008. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/20167304008
- Artiukh, V., Nikitchenko, A., Ignatovich, I., Prykina, L. (2017). The prospects of creation of the draft gear with the polyurethane resin elastic element for the rolling stock. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 90, 012191. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/90/1/012191
- Gevorkyan, E., Nerubatskyi, V., Chyshkala, V., Morozova, O. (2021). Revealing specific features of structure formation in composites based on nanopowders of synthesized zirconium dioxide. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (12 (113)), 6–19. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.242503
- Lytovchenko, S. V., Gevorkyan, E. S., Nerubatskyi, V. P., Chyshkala, V. O., Voloshyna, L. V. (2022). A Study of the Peculiarities of Molding and Structure Formation of Compacted Multicomponent Silicide Composites. Journal of Superhard Materials, 44 (3), 176–190. doi: https://doi.org/10.3103/s1063457622030054
- Lee, W. G., Kim, J.-S., Sun, S.-J., Lim, J.-Y. (2018). The next generation material for lightweight railway car body structures: Magnesium alloys. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 232 (1), 25–42. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0954409716646140
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Glib Vatulia, Alyona Lovska, Mykhailo Pavliuchenkov, Volodymyr Nerubatskyi, Andrii Okorokov, Denys Hordiienko, Roman Vernigora, Irina Zhuravel
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.