Calculation of the stressed-strained state of rotating anisotropic cylindrical shells with a hole based on variational RVR-method
Keywords:rotating orthotropic shell with hole, concentration of stresses, Reissner principle, theory of R-functions
This paper proposes a new variational RVR-method for calculating the three-dimensional stressed-strained state of statically loaded shell elements of structures with holes of arbitrary shapes and sizes. The scientifically substantiated RVR method is based on the use of the Reissner variational principle, the Vekua method, the theory of R-functions by Rvachev, and the general equations of the spatial theory of elasticity. The use of mixed Reissner variational principle leads to an increase in the accuracy of solving boundary value problems due to the independent variation of the displacement vector and the stress tensor. The Vekua method makes it possible to replace the solution to a three-dimensional problem with a regular sequence of solutions to two-dimensional problems. The theory of R-functions at the analytical level takes into account the geometric information of boundary value problems, which is necessary for the construction of solution structures that accurately satisfy all boundary conditions. At the same time, the developed algorithm for bilateral integral accuracy assessment makes it possible to automate the search for such a number of approximations in which the process of convergence of solutions becomes stable. The possibilities of the RVR method are shown in numerous examples of solving boundary problems of calculating cylindrical shells with an elliptical hole when setting centrifugal loads according to a deformed scheme. Calculations according to the specified load scheme of the anisotropic cylinder lead (at certain values of the angular velocity of rotation) to a significant increase in stresses. Therefore, to obtain reliable results, it is necessary to set a centrifugal load that takes into account the change in the size of the body in the process of its deformation. The characteristic features of the proposed RVR-method, which can be used effectively in the manufacture of shell elements of structures in various branches of technology, are discussed.
- Dai, Q., Qin, Z., Chu, F. (2021). Parametric study of damping characteristics of rotating laminated composite cylindrical shells using Haar wavelets. Thin-Walled Structures, 161, 107500. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2021.107500
- Guo, H., Du, X., Żur, K. K. (2021). On the dynamics of rotating matrix cracked FG-GPLRC cylindrical shells via the element-free IMLS-Ritz method. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 131, 228–239. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enganabound.2021.06.005
- Dong, Y. H., Zhu, B., Wang, Y., He, L. W., Li, Y. H., Yang, J. (2019). Analytical prediction of the impact response of graphene reinforced spinning cylindrical shells under axial and thermal loads. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 71, 331–348. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2019.02.024
- Li, X. (2021). Parametric resonances of rotating composite laminated nonlinear cylindrical shells under periodic axial loads and hygrothermal environment. Composite Structures, 255, 112887. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2020.112887
- Chen, Y., Jin, G., Ye, T., Lee, H. P. (2022). Three-dimensional vibration analysis of rotating pre-twisted cylindrical isotropic and functionally graded shell panels. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 517, 116581. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2021.116581
- Washizu, K. (1982). Variational methods in elasticity and plasticity. New York, 542.
- Li, H., Pang, F., Gao, C., Huo, R. (2020). A Jacobi-Ritz method for dynamic analysis of laminated composite shallow shells with general elastic restraints. Composite Structures, 242, 112091. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2020.112091
- Li, H., Cong, G., Li, L., Pang, F., Lang, J. (2019). A semi analytical solution for free vibration analysis of combined spherical and cylindrical shells with non-uniform thickness based on Ritz method. Thin-Walled Structures, 145, 106443. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2019.106443
- Salo, V., Rakivnenko, V., Nechiporenko, V., Kirichenko, A., Horielyshev, S., Onopreichuk, D., Stefanov, V. (2019). Calculation of stress concentrations in orthotropic cylindrical shells with holes on the basis of a variational method. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (7 (99)), 11–17. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.169631
- Guo, W., Zhu, J., Guo, W. (2020). Equivalent thickness-based three dimensional stress fields and fatigue growth of part-through cracks emanating from a circular hole. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 228, 106927. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2020.106927
- Salo, V. A. (2003). Kraevye zadachi statiki obolochek s otverstiyami. Kharkiv: NTU «KhPI», 216.
- Salo, V. A. (2000). Dokazatel'stvo dostatochnogo priznaka skhodimosti metoda Rittsa dlya smeshannogo variatsionnogo printsipa Reyssnera. Vestnik Khar'kovskogo gosudarstvennogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta, 95, 70–75.
- Salo, V. A. (2003). O dvustoronney otsenke tochnosti priblizhennykh resheniy zadach teorii obolochek, poluchennykh metodom Rittsa dlya neekstremal'nogo funktsionala Reyssnera. Dopovidi NAN Ukrainy, 1, 53–57.
- Reissner, E. (1950). On a Variational Theorem in Elasticity. Journal of Mathematics and Physics, 29 (1-4), 90–95. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/sapm195029190
- Vekua, I. N. (1965). Teoriya tonkikh pologikh obolochek peremennoy tolschiny. Trudy TMI, 30, 3–103.
- Timoshenko, S., Woinowsky-Krieger, S. (1987). Theory of Plates and Shells. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 580.
- Awrejcewicz, J., Kurpa, L., Shmatko, T. (2015). Investigating geometrically nonlinear vibrations of laminated shallow shells with layers of variable thickness via the R-functions theory. Composite Structures, 125, 575–585. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.02.054
- Salo, V. A. (2004). O kontsentratsii napryazheniy okolo otverstiya v uprugoy sfericheskoy obolochke. Voprosy proektirovaniya i proizvodstva konstruktsiy letatel'nykh apparatov, 2, 66–72.
- Panovko, Ya. G. (1985). Mekhanika deformiruemogo tverdogo tela. Moscow: Nauka, 288.
- Pramod, A. L. N., Natarajan, S., Ferreira, A. J. M., Carrera, E., Cinefra, M. (2017). Static and free vibration analysis of cross-ply laminated plates using the Reissner-mixed variational theorem and the cell based smoothed finite element method. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids, 62, 14–21. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2016.10.006
- Faghidian, S. A. (2018). Reissner stationary variational principle for nonlocal strain gradient theory of elasticity. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids, 70, 115–126. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2018.02.009
- Salo, V. A., Horbunov, A. P., Nechyporenko, V. M. (2017). Doslidzhennia virohidnoi zony prydatnykh posadok z natiahom pry avtomatyzovanomu proektuvanni. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Tekhnichni nauky, 1 (2 (80)), 73–77.
- Litovchenko, P. I., Nechyporenko, V. M., Salo, V. A., Ivanova, L. P. (2013). Novyi naukovo obgruntovanyi metod avtomatyzovanoho proektuvannia posadok z natiahom. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoi akademiyi Natsionalnoi hvardiyi Ukrainy, 1 (21), 74–79.
- Rodionova, V. A., Titaev, B. F., Chernykh, K. F. (1996). Prikladnaya teoriya anizotropnykh plastin i obolochek. Sankt-Peterburg, 278.
- Vasilenko, A. T., Klimenko, N. I. (1999). Issledovanie napryazhennogo sostoyaniya vraschayuschikhsya neodnorodnykh anizotropnykh tsilindrov. Prikladnaya mekhanika, 35 (8), 29–34.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Valentin Salo, Vladimir Nechiporenko, Petr Litovchenko, Valeriia Rakivnenko, Valerii Voinov, Vitaly Samokvit, Maksym Ktitorov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.