Devising a methodology to manage the performance of technical tools of rail transport signaling systems based on the risks of their functioning
Keywords:bottlenecks, hidden patterns, failures of technical means, statistics of violations
The object of this study is the process of ensuring the performance of technical means of alarm systems that perform the functions of control and safety of the movement of main railroad transport. On the railroads, there are regulations for monitoring and ensuring the necessary technical condition of the elements and devices of alarm system, but the number of failures does not decrease and, in addition, the process of their physical and moral obsolescence must be added. The most problematic areas in the technological process of service have been identified and an example of a management solution for their prevention has been proposed. The problem is determined in finding an effective way to control the process of keeping alarm systems in the required technical condition. The use of the method of finding hidden bottlenecks based on the analysis of failure statistics as risks and impact reduction is proposed. The research identified the lack of methodology in the form of the need to accumulate statistics of failures and constant monitoring of the implementation of the risk management program. In addition, the identified advantages of the methodology suggest that the proposed approach could solve the problem of justifying the most significant problem areas in the process of enabling the performance of railroad automation systems. To eliminate the identified lack of methodology, the development of appropriate software is proposed, with the help of which the statistical base would accumulate automatically. The solution to the problem is proposed in the form of planning for one year to monitor the most dangerous causes of failures. Thus, statistical methods are the most effective in managing organizational structures. It is proposed to adapt the results to the usual form for managers for widespread use in practice
- Bulakh, M., Okorokov, A., Baranovskyi, D. (2021). Risk System and Railway Safety. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 666 (4), 042074. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/666/4/042074
- Read, G. J. M., Naweed, A., Salmon, P. M. (2019). Complexity on the rails: A systems-based approach to understanding safety management in rail transport. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 188, 352–365. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2019.03.038
- El-Koursi, E., Mitra, S., Bearfield, G. (2007). Harmonising Safety Management Systems in the European Railway Sector. Safety Science Monitor, I P S O Australia, 11 (2). Available at: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/file/index/docid/543178/filename/HarmonisingSafetyManagementSystemsEuropeanRailwaySector_p.pdf
- Kalem, A., Lindov, O., Šimić, E. (2021). Safety Culture in the Function of Optimization of Railway Safety Management System. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 700–708. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-75275-0_77
- Tkachenko, I. (2017). Ryzyky u transportnykh protsesakh. Kharkiv, 114. Available at: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/154806543.pdf
- Lefsrud, L. M., Pulisci, R. M., Nkoro, A. (2017). Railway Association of Canada, Role of Safety Management Systems (SMS) in the railway industry and potential for enhancement of the Railway Safety Act (RSA). Available at: https://tc.canada.ca/sites/default/files/migrated/appendix_e.pdf
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 402/2013 of 30 April 2013 on the common safety method for risk evaluation and assessment and repealing Regulation (EC) No 352/2009 Text with EEA relevance. Available at: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32013R0402
- Guide for the application of the Commission Regulation on the adoption of a common safety method on risk evaluation and assessment as referred to in Article 6(3)(a) of the Railway Safety Directive. Available at: https://www.era.europa.eu/sites/default/files/activities/docs/guide_for_application_of_cms_en.pdf
- Safety Management System. Available at: https://www.era.europa.eu/activities/safety-management-system_en
- Railway Safety Management System Regulations, 2015 (SOR/2015-26). Available at: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2015-26/index.html
- Panchenko, N. (2018). The formation of the system of risk-management on railway transport of Ukraine. Agrosvit, 22, 34–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.32702/2306-6792.2018.22.34
- Michalak, M., Górka, W., Bagiński, J., Rogowski, D., Socha, M., Stęclik, T. et al. (2020). Central threat register – a complex system for risk analysis and decision support in railway transport. IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 14 (8), 970–981. doi: https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-its.2019.0695
- Samsonkin, V., Goretskyi, O., Matsiuk, V., Myronenko, V., Boynik, A., Merkulov, V. (2019). Development of an approach for operative control over railway transport technological safety based on the identification of risks in the indicators of its operation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (3 (102)), 6–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.184162
- An, M., Qin, Y., Jia, L. M., Chen, Y. (2016). Aggregation of group fuzzy risk information in the railway risk decision making process. Safety Science, 82, 18–28. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2015.08.011
- Rahmayana, P. E., Purba, H. H. (2019). Risk management in railway during operation and maintenance period: a literature review. International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 04 (04), 29–35. doi: https://doi.org/10.33564/ijeast.2019.v04i04.005
- Safety management systems. ONRSR. Available at: https://www.onrsr.com.au/safety-essentials/safety-management-systems
- CENELEC EN 50126: Railway Applications The Specification and Demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) (1998).
- CENELEC EN 50126-2: Railway Applications Dependability for Guided Transport Systems. Part 2: Safety (1999).
- CENELEC EN 50128: Railway Applications -Communications, signaling and processing systems Software for Railway Control and Protection Systems (2000).
- Keruvannia ryzykom. Metody zahalnoho otsiniuvannia ryzyku (DSTU IES/ISO 31010: 2013). Available at: https://khoda.gov.ua/image/catalog/files/dstu%2031010.pdf
- Teeg, G., Vlasenko, S. (2010). Sistemy avtomatiki i telemekhaniki na zheleznyh dorogah mira. Moscow: Intekst, 496.
- Bochkov, K. A. (2013). Mikroprocessornye sistemy avtomatiki na zheleznodorozhnom transporte. Gomel': BelGUT, 254.
- Moiseienko, V., Parkhomenko, S., Cheptsov, M., Kotsiuba, T. (2013). Avtomatyzovani stantsiyni systemy keruvannia rukhom poizdiv. Kharkiv, 393.
- Statystyka tekhnichnykh vidmov u sluzhbi syhnalizatsiyi ta zviazku Rehionalnoi filiyi «Pivdenna zaliznytsia» AT «Ukrainska zaliznytsia» za period z 13.06.2018 po 29.12.2019 roky. Available at: https://kart.edu.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/statistika-vidmov.xlsx
- Samsonkin, V. M., Nikolaienko, I. V., Bulhakova, Yu. V. et al. (2021). Inzhynirynh kryz ta ryzykiv transportnykh posluh. Kyiv: Talkom, 312.
- Druz', V., Samsonkin, V. (2022). Edinaya teoriya samoorganizuyushchihsya sistem. Kyiv: Talkom, 117.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Polozhennia pro systemu upravlinnia bezpekoiu rukhu na zaliznychnomu transporti. Nakaz Ministerstva infrastruktury Ukrainy No. 842. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0351-21#Text
- Rail Safety Management System. Available at: https://lorhsems.com/safety_category/rail/
- Upravlenie riskami v sistemah normativnogo regulirovaniya. UNECE. Available at: https://unece.org/ru/trade/publications/upravlenie-riskami-v-sistemakh-normativnogo-regulirovaniya
- Railway Safety Directive, Directive (EU) 2016/798. Available at: https://lexparency.org/eu/32016L0798/
- Pro zatverdzhennia Polozhennia pro klasyfikatsiyu transportnykh podiy na zaliznychnomu transporti. Nakaz Ministerstva infrastruktury Ukrainy No. 235. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0904-17#Text
- Samsonkin, V., Goretskyi, O. (2020). Control Technology of Railway Traffic Safety: A System Approach and Digitalization. Lecture Notes in Intelligent Transportation and Infrastructure, 633–638. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38666-5_66
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Valerii Samsonkin, Vasyl Sotnyk, Oksana Yurchenko, Oleksandra Soloviova, Sergii Zmii, Viktor Myronenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.