Improvement of the manufacturing method of multi-component paste-like vegetable semi-finished products with a high degree of readiness
Keywords:blends of purees and pastes, vacuum evaporator, nutrient composition, functional ingredients
The object of the study is a multi-component past-like semi-finished product based on apples, Jerusalem artichokes, cranberries and hawthorn, which are natural nutrients with original properties obtained by cooking at 55–60 °C in an experimental vacuum-evaporator.
The method of production of a multi-component semi-finished product has been improved by keeping hawthorn in a 10...15 % NaCl solution with the addition of 1 % citric acid at 20...25 °C for 30...45 minutes. Blanching with hot steam at a temperature of 105...110 °C is carried out for: apple (2...3 min), Jerusalem artichoke (5...8 min) and hawthorn (4...6 min), and cranberries are blanched with water for 1.5...3 min at temperatures of 80...90 °C. Wiping the components followed by recipe-component blending and boiling at 55...60 °C in an experimental vacuum-evaporator.
According to the organoleptic parameters, the puree blend containing: apple – 35 %, Jerusalem artichoke – 30 %, cranberry – 25 % and hawthorn – 10 % with a yellow-orange color has the advantage. The ultimate shear stress (pureed components, Pa) is: apple – 14, Jerusalem artichoke – 322, cranberry – 75, hawthorn – 445. The boiled paste mixture has an increased viscosity by 3.5 times compared to the control.
The heating of the working chamber and the stirrer of the vacuum-evaporating apparatus is carried out by a film resistive electronic heater of the radiating type, providing stabilization of the temperature effect and a 45 % increase in the boiling efficiency compared to the classic vacuum apparatus. The improved method will expand the range of competitive semi-finished products of a wide range of applications with natural nutrients and regulated rheological and functional properties, which will contribute to the production of food products with an immunomodulating effect
- Galanakis, C. M., Rizou, M., Aldawoud, T. M. S., Ucak, I., Rowan, N. J. (2021). Innovations and technology disruptions in the food sector within the COVID-19 pandemic and post-lockdown era. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 110, 193–200. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2021.02.002
- Munekata, P. E. S., Pérez-Álvarez, J. Á., Pateiro, M., Viuda-Matos, M., Fernández-López, J., Lorenzo, J. M. (2021). Satiety from healthier and functional foods. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 113, 397–410. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2021.05.025
- Pap, N., Fidelis, M., Azevedo, L., do Carmo, M. A. V., Wang, D., Mocan, A. et al. (2021). Berry polyphenols and human health: evidence of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, microbiota modulation, and cell-protecting effects. Current Opinion in Food Science, 42, 167–186. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cofs.2021.06.003
- Marcus, J. B. (2013). Life Cycle Nutrition: Healthful Eating Throughout the Ages. Culinary Nutrition, 475–543. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-391882-6.00011-x
- Misra, N. N., Koubaa, M., Roohinejad, S., Juliano, P., Alpas, H., Inácio, R. S. et al. (2017). Landmarks in the historical development of twenty first century food processing technologies. Food Research International, 97, 318–339. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2017.05.001
- Cherevko, A., Kiptelaya, L., Mikhaylov, V., Zagorulko, A., Zagorulko, A. (2015). Development of energy-efficient ir dryer for plant raw materials. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (8 (76)), 36–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.47777
- Pashniuk, L. O. (2012). Food industry of Ukraine: state, tendencies and perspectives of development. Ekonomichnyi Chasopych - XXI, 9-10, 60–63. Available at: http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/bitstream/handle/123456789/48329/18-Pashniuk.pdf?sequence=1
- Kiptelaya, L., Zagorulko, A., Zagorulko, A. (2015). Improvement of equipment for manufacture of vegetable convenience foods. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (10 (74)), 4–8. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.39455
- De Laurentiis, V., Corrado, S., Sala, S. (2018). Quantifying household waste of fresh fruit and vegetables in the EU. Waste Management, 77, 238–251. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2018.04.001
- Silveira, A. C. P. (2015). Thermodynamic and hydrodynamic characterization of the vacuum evaporation process during concentration of dairy products in a falling film evaporator. Food and Nutrition. Agrocampus Ouest. Available at: https://theses.hal.science/tel-01342521
- Crespí-Llorens, D., Vicente, P., Viedma, A. (2018). Experimental study of heat transfer to non-Newtonian fluids inside a scraped surface heat exchanger using a generalization method. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 118, 75–87. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.10.115
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Fedak, N., Sabadash, S., Kazakov, D., Kolodnenko, V. (2019). Improving a vacuum-evaporator with enlarged heat exchange surface for making fruit and vegetable semi-finished products. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (11 (102)), 6–13. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.178764
- Zahorulko, A. M., Zahorulko, O. Ye. (2021). Pat. No. 149981 UA. Plivkopodibnyi rezystyvnyi elektronahrivach vyprominiuvalnoho typu. No. u202102839; declareted: 28.05.2021; published: 23.12.2021. Available at: https://base.uipv.org/searchINV/search.php?action=viewdetails&IdClaim=279804
- Chernenkova, A., Leonova, S., Nikiforova, T., Zagranichnaya, A., Chernenkov, E., Kalugina, O. et al. (2019). The Usage of Biologically Active Raw Materials in Confectionery Products Technology. OnLine Journal of Biological Sciences, 19 (1), 77–91. doi: https://doi.org/10.3844/ojbsci.2019.77.91
- Cherevko, O., Mikhaylov, V., Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Gordienko, I. (2021). Development of a thermal-radiation single-drum roll dryer for concentrated food stuff. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (109)), 25–32. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.224990
- Kulichenko, A. I., Mamchenko, T. V., Zhukova, S. A. (2014). Sovremennye tekhnologii proizvodstva konditerskikh izdeliy s primeneniem pischevykh volokon. Molodoy ucheniy, 4, 203–206.
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Kasabova, K., Shmatchenko, N. (2020). Improvement of zefir production by addition of the developed blended fruit and vegetable pasteinto its recipe. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (11 (104)), 39–45. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.185684
- Cappa, C., Lavelli, V., Mariotti, M. (2015). Fruit candies enriched with grape skin powders: physicochemical properties. LWT - Food Science and Technology, 62 (1), 569–575. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2014.07.039
- Kasabova, K., Zagorulko, A., Zahorulko, A., Shmatchenko, N., Simakova, O., Goriainova, I. et al. (2021). Improving pastille manufacturing technology using the developed multicomponent fruit and berry paste. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (111)), 49–56. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.231730
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Kasabova, K., Liashenko, B., Postadzhiev, A., Sashnova, M. (2022). Improving a tempering machine for confectionery masses. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (11 (116)), 6–11. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2022.254873
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Serik, M., Sabadash, S., Savchenko-Pererva, M. (2019). Development of the plant for low-temperature treatment of meat products using ir-radiation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (97)), 17–22. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.154950
- Kozhevnikova, V. O. (2016). Udoskonalennia tekhnolohiyi khlibobulochnykh vyrobiv z vykorystanniam likarskoi ta priano-aromatychnoi syrovyny. Odessa: ONAKhT, 23.
- Sorokina, S. V., Borzylo, M. V., Miachykov, O. V. (2009). Zbahachennia plavlenykh syriv roslynnymy komponentamy. Vestnik Nats. tekhn. un-ta "KhPI": Khimiya, khimicheskaya tekhnologiya i ekologiya, 22, 127–131. Available at: http://repository.kpi.kharkov.ua/bitstream/KhPI-Press/30716/1/vestnik_KhPI_2009_22_Sorokina_Zbahachennya.pdf
- Zahorulko, A., Cherevko, O., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Budnyk, N., Nakonechna, Y. et al. (2021). Design of an apparatus for low-temperature processing of meat delicacies. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (113)), 6–12. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.240675
- Kasiyanchuk, V. D. (2013). Sukhyi produkt topinambura - efektyvnyi napivfabrykat dlia vyrobnytstva produktsiyi likuvalno-profilaktychnoho pryznachennia. Halytskyi likarskyi visnyk, 3, 103–104. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/glv_2014_21_3_41
- Kostenko, E., Milyukin, M., Butenko, E., Rubaha, N. (2019). Studying of the properties of cranberry. Scientific Works of National University of Food Technologies, 25 (4), 174–187. doi: https://doi.org/10.24263/2225-2924-2019-25-4-20
- Hrodzinskyi, A. M. (Ed.) (1992). Likarski roslyny: Entsyklopedychnyi dovidnyk. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo «Ukrainska Entsyklopediya» im. M. P. Bazhana, Ukrainskyi vyrobnycho-komertsiynyi tsentr «Olimp», 544. Available at: https://archive.org/details/grodzinsky1
- Williams, H., Lindström, A., Trischler, J., Wikström, F., Rowe, Z. (2020). Avoiding food becoming waste in households – The role of packaging in consumers’ practices across different food categories. Journal of Cleaner Production, 265, 121775. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.121775
- Sashnova, M., Zahorulko, A., Savchenko, T., Gakhovich, S., Parkhomenko, I., Pankov, D. (2020). Improving the quality of the technological process of packaging shape formation based on the information structure of an automated system. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (2 (105)), 28–36. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.205226
- Cherevko, A., Mayak, O., Kostenko, S., Sardarov, A. (2019). Experimental and simulation modeling of the heat exchanche process while boiling vegetable juice. Prohresyvni tekhnika ta tekhnolohiyi kharchovykh vyrobnytstv restorannoho hospodarstva i torhivli, 1 (29), 75–85. Available at: https://repo.btu.kharkov.ua/handle/123456789/298
- Burkhatovna, A. A., Abelbaevich, B. T., Kulkeldievna, A. G., Rakhmedovna, Ch. E. (2015). Primenenie innovatsionnykh tekhnologii v proizvodstve muchnykh konditerskikh izdeliy. Evraziyskiy Soyuz Uchenykh, 11 (20). Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/primenenie-innovatsionnyh-tehnologii-v-proizvodstve-muchnyh-konditerskih-izdeliy
- Samokhvalova, O., Kasabova, K., Oliinyk, S. (2014). The influence of the enriching additives on the dough structure formation and baked muffins. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (10 (67)), 32–36. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2014.20024
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Nina Rudska, Oleksander Cherevko, Andrii Pugach, Nataliia Ponomarenko, Hennadii Tesliuk, Ruslan Zakharchenko, Alexander Postadzhiev, Nataliia Tytarenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.