Formation of economic and legal measures for the development of the market of intellectual property objects
Keywords:intellectual property, market, development, legislation, economy, financing, counterfeiting, franchising
The problems of intellectual property market development have been investigated. It is proved that without the successful functioning of this market it is impossible to ensure the innovative development of the country. The characteristics of the intellectual property market, as well as the factors restraining its development, have been determined. The most important of them are significant volumes of outflow of Ukrainian scientists to foreign countries, low quality of Ukrainian patents, high level of counterfeiting and piracy, corruption pressure on the development and use of intellectual property, insufficient level of material support, etc. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to develop measures to strengthen the factors that contribute to the development of the intellectual property market and reduce the negative impact of factors on the Ukrainian technological market. To achieve the goal, it is proposed to introduce organizational and legal measures to improve the working conditions of employees of the main scientific institution of the country, the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine, the institutes of which produce most intellectual developments, as well as to form special financial and material mechanisms to support innovation at the expense of budget funds.
Using the example of reforming the institutes of NAS, according to the proposed measures, proposals have been formed to preserve scientific personnel, intensify the cooperation of scientific institutions with business, built on the interest of all parties in the field of technology commercialization. Counteraction to counterfeiting is proposed to be carried out taking into account a more accurate calculation of the commercial risks to which business entities are exposed in the manufacture and use of innovations. It is recommended to strengthen the level of legal protection of exclusive rights. Legislative initiatives on the development of the intellectual property market have been formed, which relate to changes in patent legislation regarding utility models and bringing it to EU conditions
- Andersen, B., Rossi, F., Stephan, J. (2010). Intellectual property marketplaces and how they work: Evidence from German pharmaceutical firms. Intereconomics, 45 (1), 35–47. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10272-010-0323-x
- Andersen, B., Rossi, F. (2012). Inefficiencies in markets for intellectual property rights: experiences of academic and public research institutions. Prometheus, 30 (1), 5–27. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/08109028.2012.671285
- Pererva, P., Kuchynskyi, V., Kobielieva, T., Kosenko, A., Maslak, O. (2021). Economic substantiation of outsourcing the information technologies and logistic services in the intellectual and innovative activities of an enterprise. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (13 (112)), 6–14. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.239164
- Pererva, P., Maslak, M. (2022). Commercialization of intellectual property objects in industrial enterprises. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 20 (3), 465–477. doi: https://doi.org/10.21511/ppm.20(3).2022.37
- Pererva, P., Usov, M., Chernobrovkina, S., Larka, L., Rudyka, V. (2021). Methods for Assessing the Investment Attractiveness of Innovative Projects. Studies of Applied Economics, 39 (6). doi: https://doi.org/10.25115/eea.v39i6.5167
- Pererva, P., Nazarenko, S., Maistro, R., Danko, T., Doronina, M., Sokolova, L. (2021). The formation of economic and marketing prospects for the development of the market of information services. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (13 (114)), 6–16. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.245251
- Pererva, P., Besprozvannykh, O., Tiutlikova, V., Kovalova, V., Kudina, O., Dorokhov, O. (2019). Improvement of the Method for Selecting Innovation Projects on the Platform of Innovative Supermarket. TEM Journal, 8 (2), 454–461. doi: https://doi.org/10.18421/TEM82-19
- Pererva, P., Hutsan, O., Kobieliev, V., Kosenko, A., Kuchynskyi, V. (2018). Evaluating elasticity of costs for employee motivation at the industrial enterprises. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 16 (1), 124–132. doi: https://doi.org/10.21511/ppm.16(1).2018.12
- Pererva, P., Kobielieva, T., Kuchinskyi, V., Garmash, S., Danko, T. (2021). Ensuring the Sustainable Development of an Industrial Enterprise on the Principle of Compliance-Safety. Studies of Applied Economics, 39 (5). doi: https://doi.org/10.25115/eea.v39i5.5111
- Maslak, O. I., Maslak, M. V., Grishko, N. Ye., Hlazunova, O. O., Pererva, P. G., Yakovenko, Y. Yu. (2021). Artificial Intelligence as a Key Driver of Business Operations Transformation in the Conditions of the Digital Economy. 2021 IEEE International Conference on Modern Electrical and Energy Systems (MEES). doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/mees52427.2021.9598744
- Ilin, V. V., Bazylevych, V. D. (2008). Intelektualna vlasnist: kreatyvy metafizychnoho poshuku. Kyiv: Znannia, 687. Available at: https://elibrary.ivinas.gov.ua/3069/
- Shevchenko, L. S. (Ed.) (2015). Ekonomika intelektualnoi vlasnosti. Kharkiv: Pravo, 120. Available at: https://dspace.nlu.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/12373/1/Shevchenko_2015.pdf
- Filosofova, T. G. (2021). Modern trends and problems of the global intellectual property market development. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics, 14 (4), 396–409. doi: https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2021-4-396-409
- Yasiukevych, O. A. (2009). Rynok promyslovoi vlasnosti v Ukraini: analiz suchasnoho stanu ta neobkhidnist derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia. Investytsiyi: praktyka ta dosvid, 19, 64–68. Available at: http://www.investplan.com.ua/pdf/19_2009/19.pdf
- Yastremska, O. O. (2013). Intelektualna vlasnist. Kharkiv: KhNEU, 124. Available at: http://www.repository.hneu.edu.ua/jspui/handle/123456789/4118
- Kosenko, O., Cherepanova, V., Dolyna, I., Matrosova, V., Kolotiuk, O. (2019). Evaluation of innovative technology market potential on the basis of technology audit. Innovative Marketing, 15 (2), 30–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.21511/im.15(2).2019.03
- Pererva, P., Kobielieva, T., Tkасhovа, N., Tkachov, M., Diachenko, T. (2021). Management of relations with enterprise stakeholders based on value approach. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 19 (1), 24–38. doi: https://doi.org/10.21511/ppm.19(1).2021.03
- Maslak, O. I., Grishko, N. Ye., Hlazunova, O. O., Vorobiova, K. O. (2017). Approaches to the management of the costs of innovation activity of mining enterprises: Aspects of economic security. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 5, 137–145. Available at: https://nvngu.in.ua/index.php/en/component/jdownloads/finish/70-05/8721-5-2017-maslak/0
- The pandemic of fakes: in April 2021 the sale of counterfeit products marked an all-time high - the paradox of the era of sustainability. Available at: https://discover.certilogo.com/en/blog/news/pandemic-fakes-april-2021-sale-counterfeit-products-marked-all-time-high-paradox-era
- Tonisson, L., Millien, R., Maicher, L. (2016). Shortcomings on the Market for Intellectual Property. Working Paper 1/2016. Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy. Leipzig. Available at: https://www.imw.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/moez/de/documents/Working_Paper/Working-Paper_Shortcomings%20on%20the%20market%20for%20intellectual%20property.pdf
- Kapitsa, Y. (2020). Utility model protection - trends in the European Union and challenges for Ukraine. Theory and Practice of Intellectual Property, 3, 27–40. doi: https://doi.org/10.33731/32020.216554
- WIPO IP statistics data center. Available at: https://www3.wipo.int/ipstats/index.htm
- Main Science and Technology Indicators (2020). OECD, 2020 (1). doi: https://doi.org/10.1787/e3c3bda6-en
- Naukova ta innovatsiyna diyalnist Ukrainy u 2021 r. (2022). Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Kyiv: DSSU.
- Trade in Counterfeit and Pirated Goods: Value, Scope and Trends (2019). Illicit Trade. doi: https://doi.org/10.1787/g2g9f533-en
- Mapping the Real Routes of Trade in Fake Goods (2017). Illicit Trade. doi: https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264278349-en
- Zhabin, S., Kazmina, O. (2018). Molodi naukovtsi: sotsialnyi stan ta umovy pratsi v Natsionalniy akademiyi nauk Ukrainy. Available at: https://commons.com.ua/uk/molodi-naukovci-ukrayini/
- Pakharenko, O. (2021). Borotba z kontrafaktom: pytannia morali chy finansuvannia orhanizovanoi zlochynnosti. Ekonomichna pravda. Available at: https://www.epravda.com.ua/columns/2021/09/27/678181/
- Erman, H. (2018). Osobysta yevrointehratsiya: yak "vtikaiut mizky" z Ukrainy i chy mozhna yikh povernuty. BBC News Ukraina. Available at: https://www.bbc.com/ukrainian/features-45890286
- Androshchuk, G. O. (2013). Patent trolling against innovation: status, trends, threats. Pravo ta innovatsiyne suspilstvo, 1. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/pric_2013_1_3
- Androshchuk, H. (2019). Patentna aktyvnist ukrainskykh vynakhidnykiv za kordonom: vplyv na ekonomichnu bezpeku. Yurydychna hazeta, 45-46 (699-700). Available at: https://yur-gazeta.com/publications/practice/zahist-intelektualnoyi-vlasnosti-avtorske-pravo/patentna-aktivnist-ukrayinskih-vinahidnikiv-za-kordonom-vpliv-na-ekonomichnu-bezpeku.html
- Tsyvilnyi kodeks Ukrainy: naukovo-praktychnyi komentar (2004). Kyi: Istyna, 928.
- Okhromieiev, Yu. (2015). Patentnyi trolinh – akhillesova piata systemy okhorony intelektualnoi vlasnosti v Ukraini. Yurydychna hazeta, 5 (451). Available at: https://yur-gazeta.com/dumka-eksperta/patentniy-troling--ahillesova-pyata-sistemi-ohoroni-intelektualnoyi-vlasnosti-v-ukrayini.html
- Rekomendatsiyi kruhloho stolu na temu: Protydiya «patentnomu trolinhu» v Ukraini v konteksti zakhystu prav na obiekty intelektualnoi vlasnosti 25.11.2016. Available at: http://pakharenko.ua/proekt-rekomendacij-kruglogo-stolu-protidiya-patentnomu-trolingu-v-ukra%D1%97ni-v-konteksti-zaxistu-prav-na-obyekti-intelektualno%D1%97-vlasnosti/
- Pro vnesennia zmin do postanov Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 27 hrudnia 2001 r. No. 1756 i vid 23 hrudnia 2004 r. No. 1716. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/496-2019-%D0%BF#Text
- Symonenko, K. (2021). Na vsomu hotovomu: yak v Ukraini rozvyvaietsia rynok franchaizynhu (+infohrafika). RAU. Available at: https://rau.ua/novyni/ukrayini-rynok-franchajzyngu/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Mariya Maslak, Petro Pererva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.