Determining patterns in the influence of the geometrical parameters of the connecting pipeline on the dynamic parameters of the pneumatic spring of railroad rolling stock
Keywords:rolling stock of railroads, pneumatic spring, connecting pipeline, dynamic characteristics of pneumatic springs
The object of this study is the process of determining the dynamic indicators of the pneumatic spring, which is used as the main element of the second stage of spring suspension in the high-speed rolling stock of the railroad, based on the influence of the geometric parameters of the connecting pipeline.
It has been established that the dynamic indicators of rolling stock mainly depend on the operation of the pneumatic spring, the characteristics of which are largely determined by the geometric parameters of the connecting element between the pneumatic spring and the additional tank.
A mathematical model of oscillations of a dual-mass system has been constructed, the elements of which are connected through a pneumatic spring suspension system. The operation of the pneumatic system is described using the Boyle–Mariotte equations, the state of the ideal gas, the energy for the flow in the connecting pipeline, and the law of conservation of energy.
Theoretical studies into the influence of the diameter and length of the connecting element of the pneumatic spring suspension system on energy loss and damping coefficient for the cycle of its operation and the rigidity of the pneumatic spring have been carried out.
It was established that the dependence of the stiffness of the pneumatic spring, while changing the value of the diameter of the connecting element from 6 mm to 30 mm, is nonlinear.
In the process of compression, the rigidity of the pneumatic spring changes with the length of the connecting element of 1 m from 927 kN/m, static rigidity, to 497 kN/m, dynamic rigidity.
The dependences of energy loss and damping coefficient for the operation cycle of the pneumatic spring suspension system based on the hysteresis loop have been constructed.
It was found that the difference between the damping coefficient in the process of compression and expansion of the pneumatic spring is no more than 4 %.
It was established that the design of high-speed rolling stock is impossible without high-quality modeling of the process of operation of the pneumatic spring suspension system
- Proekt planu vidnovlennia Ukrainy. Materialy robochoi hrupy «Vidnovlennia ta rozbudova infrastruktury» (2022). Natsionalna rada z vidnovlennia Ukrainy vid naslidkiv viyny, 178. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/recoveryrada/ua/restoration-and-development-of-infrastructure.pdf
- Kuzyshyn, A., Batig, A., Kostritsa, S., Sobolevska, J., Kovalchuk, V., Dovhanyuk, S., Voznyak, O. (2018). Research of safety indicators of diesel train movement with two-stage spring suspension. MATEC Web of Conferences, 234, 05003. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201823405003
- Kuzyshyn, A., Batig, A., Kostritsa, S., Sobolevska, J., Dovhaniuk, S., Dzhus, V. (2020). Study of the dynamic behavior of rolling stock using a computer experiment. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 985 (1), 012002. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/985/1/012002
- Kovalchuk, V., Kuzyshyn, A., Kostritsya, S., Sobolevska, Y., Batig, A., Dovganyuk, S. (2018). Improving a methodology of theoretical determination of the frame and directing forсes in modern diesel trains. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (7 (96)), 19–26. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.149838
- Kuzyshyn, A., Kostritsa, S., Ursulyak, L., Batig, A., Sobolevska, J., Voznyak, O. (2019). Research of the impact of geometric unevenness of the railway track on the dynamic parameters of the railway rolling stock with two-stage spring suspension. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 664 (1), 012024. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/664/1/012024
- Moheyeldein, M. M., Abd-El-Tawwab, A. M., Abd El-gwwad, K. A., Salem, M. M. M. (2018). An analytical study of the performance indices of air spring suspensions over the passive suspension. Beni-Suef University Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7 (4), 525–534. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjbas.2018.06.004
- Alonso, A., Giménez, J. G., Nieto, J., Vinolas, J. (2010). Air suspension characterisation and effectiveness of a variable area orifice. Vehicle System Dynamics, 48, 271–286. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/00423111003731258
- Matsumiya, S., Nishioka, K., Nishimura, S., Suzuki, M. (1969). On the diaphragm air spring sumride. The Sumitomo Search, 2, 86–92.
- Berg, M. (1999). A Three–Dimensional Airspring Model with Friction and Orifice Damping. Vehicle System Dynamics, 33, 528–539. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.1999.12063109
- Sayyaadi, H., Shokouhi, N. (2010). Effects of air reservoir volume and connecting pipes' length and diameter on the air spring behavior in rail-vehicles. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology Transaction B: Engineering, 34 (B5), 499–508.
- Xu, L. (2020). Mathematical Modeling and Characteristic Analysis of the Vertical Stiffness for Railway Vehicle Air Spring System. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2020, 1–12. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/2036563
- Nieto, A. J., Morales, A. L., González, A., Chicharro, J. M., Pintado, P. (2008). An analytical model of pneumatic suspensions based on an experimental characterization. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 313 (1-2), 290–307. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2007.11.027
- Sowayan, A. (2020). Stiffness of a Nonlinear Adiabatic Polytropic Air Spring Model: Quantitative and Conductive Investigation. International Review on Modelling and Simulations (IREMOS), 13 (3), 177. doi: https://doi.org/10.15866/iremos.v13i3.18761
- Zhu, H., Yang, J., Zhang, Y., Feng, X. (2017). A novel air spring dynamic model with pneumatic thermodynamics, effective friction and viscoelastic damping. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 408, 87–104. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2017.07.015
- Chen, J.-J., Yin, Z.-H., Rakheja, S., He, J.-H., Guo, K.-H. (2017). Theoretical modelling and experimental analysis of the vertical stiffness of a convoluted air spring including the effect of the stiffness of the bellows. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 232 (4), 547–561. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407017704589
- Gao, H. X., Chi, M. R., Zhu, M. H., Wu, P. B. (2013). Study on Different Connection Types of Air Spring. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 423-426, 2026–2034. doi: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/amm.423-426.2026
- Reidemeister, O. H., Kivisheva, A. V. (2016). Dependence of air spring parameters on throttle resistance. Science and Transport Progress. Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport, 2 (62), 157–164. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2016/67339
- Reidemeister, O. H., Laguza, A. V. (2018). Determination of characteristics of throttling device for pneumatic spring. Science and Transport Progress. Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport, 1 (73), 66–76. doi: https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2018/123394
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Andrii Kuzyshyn, Vitalii Kovalchuk, Volodymyr Stankevych, Volodymyr Hilevych
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.