Assessing the efficiency of application of project management in the field of engineering of innovative developments
Keywords:project management, management efficiency, innovation engineering, flexible management
This paper investigates the peculiarities and effectiveness of using project management in the field of engineering of innovative developments. The relevance of the topic relates to the fact that the process of innovative development is characterized by its duration and the uncertainty of the probability of obtaining specific results. Such a feature determines the need to build such a project management system for the engineering of innovative developments, which would ensure the definition of sub-stages of this process, the assessment of the degree of their implementation, and the determination of the results of these stages. The object of this study is the project management system of the engineering projects of innovative developments of the company Hokord Ltd. The research used methods of statistical analysis with the distribution of data into control and test groups. This distribution made it possible to reveal the impact of the implementation of project management on the effectiveness of project management. The study solves the problem of determining the effectiveness of project management in comparison with traditional approaches to project management. The results of the study show that the implementation of project management in the field of engineering of innovative developments has led to the improvement of project management and an increase in their efficiency. Implementation of project management made it possible to establish new project statuses and reduce the share of canceled or closed projects, while the share of successfully completed projects increased. Unlike other studies, quantitative indicators of the effectiveness of project management were established - the duration of project implementation was reduced by an average of 11 %. The implementation of project management also improved the assessment and allocation of project priorities, a decrease in the share of projects with high priority, and an increase in the share of projects with low and uncertain priority was revealed
- During, W. E. (1986). Project management and management of innovation in small industrial firms. Technovation, 4 (4), 269–278. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-4972(86)90030-1
- Dubrovina, N. A., Gorelova, N. Y. (2020). Innovative Development of Mechanical Engineering Complex Based on Project Management. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 459 (6), 062067. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/459/6/062067
- Radujković, M., Sjekavica, M. (2017). Project Management Success Factors. Procedia Engineering, 196, 607–615. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.08.048
- Elnaz, S., Sharareh, K., Amirhosein, J. (2020). Effective Project Management Principles and Strategies in Transportation Infrastructure Projects. Proceedings of the Creative Construction E-Conference 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.3311/ccc2020-064
- Demirkesen, S., Ozorhon, B. (2017). Impact of integration management on construction project management performance. International Journal of Project Management, 35 (8), 1639–1654. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijproman.2017.09.008
- Mahmoud-Jouini, S. B., Midler, C., Silberzahn, P. (2016). Contributions of Design Thinking to Project Management in an Innovation Context. Project Management Journal, 47 (2), 144–156. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/pmj.21577
- Milutinovic, R., Stosic, B. (2013). Key Elements of Innovation Project Management in Services. Management - Journal for Theory and Practice of Management, 18 (69), 65–74. doi: https://doi.org/10.7595/management.fon.2013.0027
- Patrício, V., Lopes da Costa, R., Pereira, L., António, N. (2021). Project Management in the Development of Dynamic Capabilities for an Open Innovation Era. Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, 7 (3), 164. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/joitmc7030164
- Jetter, A., Albar, F., Sperry, R. (2016). The Practice Of Project Management In Product Development: Insights From The Literature And Cases In High-Tech. Project Management Institute, Inc. Available at: https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/project-management-product-development-11194
- Vrchota, J., Řehoř, P. (2019). Project management and innovation in the manufacturing industry in Czech Republic. Procedia Computer Science, 164, 457–462. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2019.12.206
- Hokord. Available at: https://hokord.com/
- Sohi, A. J., Bosch-Rekveldt, M., Hertogh, M. (2020). Four stages of making project management flexible: insight, importance, implementation and improvement. Organization, Technology and Management in Construction: An International Journal, 12 (1), 2117–2136. doi: https://doi.org/10.2478/otmcj-2020-0008
- Al-Hajj, A. (2018). The Impact of Project Management Implementation on the Successful Completion of Projects in Construction. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, 9 (1), 21–27. doi: https://doi.org/10.18178/ijimt.2018.9.1.781
- Njau, D. N., Omwenga, J. (2019). Effect Of Project Management Practices On Effective Implementation Of Building Construction Projects In Kenya. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Project Management, 4 (3). Available at: https://www.iprjb.org/journals/index.php/IJEPM/article/view/994
- Hirman, M., Benesova, A., Steiner, F., Tupa, J. (2019). Project Management during the Industry 4.0 Implementation with Risk Factor Analysis. Procedia Manufacturing, 38, 1181–1188. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2020.01.208
- Marnewick, A. L., Marnewick, C. (2020). The Ability of Project Managers to Implement Industry 4.0-Related Projects. IEEE Access, 8, 314–324. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/access.2019.2961678
- Sousa, P., Tereso, A., Alves, A., Gomes, L. (2018). Implementation of project management and lean production practices in a SME Portuguese innovation company. Procedia Computer Science, 138, 867–874. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2018.10.113
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Oleksii Myronenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.