Consumer properties improvement of sugar cookies with fillings with non-traditional raw materials with high biological value
Keywords:pastry products, unconventional raw material, consumer properties, nutrition value, sugar cookies with fillings
According to the study of experimental data, the feasibility of unconventional raw material with increased biological value (powdered apples, dried apricots; sea-buckthorn and calendula officinalis syrups, fat-free whey powder, whey protein concentrate, preparation of eggshells with lemon juice, cherry plums and zucchini jam, sea-buckthorn jam) and unconventional oils (pumpkin, sea-buckthorn) in the sugar cookies production has been proved. The study indicates the increased content of essential amino acids by 34,83 % in the cookies “Dachne” and in the cookies “Yasne sonechko” by 32,54 % as compared with the check sample. The content of polyunsaturated fatty acids and minerals has increased. Especially, the content of calcium has increased by 2,8–3 times. The total fraction of carbohydrates and fats has decreased; the fraction of proteins has increased. The new cookies samples have been evaluated by the parameters of taste and smell higher than the check sample especially according to the organoleptic evaluation. The developed samples meet the standard by the physical-chemical parameters and safety parameters. The results can be used for implementation in the confectionery companies for the diversification of products with high nutritional value.
- Galushko, O. S. (2009). The trends of development market of confectionery and features of transformation in the system of values it’s participants. Actualni problemi economici, 8, 17–25.
- Tkachenko, A. S., Syrokhman, I. V. (2015). The improvement of consumer properties of sugar cookies. Kharchova nauka i tekhnolohiya, 3, 82–87.
- Bodak, M. P. (2014). The usage of non-traditional raw-materials for bakery. Visnik Lvivskoi comerciynoi academii, 14, 113–116.
- Hadeeva, S. O., Svidlo, K. V. (2010). The determination potential risks of technology of baked biscuit semi with dietary supplements. Zbirnik naukovih prats’ NTU “KhPI”, 46, 276–283.
- Tkachenko, A. S. (2015). The improvement of fat-acid contents of sugar cookies. Visnik Lvivskoi comerciynoi academii, 15, 114–119.
- Tkachenko, A. S. (2015). The sugar cookies with enriched protein contents. Torgivlia, comerciia, marketing, 18, 118–122.
- Shemanskaia, E. I., Oseiko, N. I. (2012). The phospholipid fat-containing products of functional appointment. The food science, 1, 28–30.
- Sincik, M., Goksoy, A. T. (2014). Investigation of Correlation between Traits and Path Analysis of Confectionary Sunflower Genotypes. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca, 42 (1), 227–231. doi: 10.15835/nbha4219429
- Ajay, B. C., Gowda, M. V. C., Rathnakumar, A. L., Kusuma, V. P., Fiyaz, R. A., Holajjer, P. et. al. (2011). Improving Genetic Attributes of Confectionary Traits in Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) Using Multivariate Analytical Tools. Journal of Agricultural Science, 4 (3), 247–258. doi: 10.5539/jas.v4n3p247
- Kulichenko, A. I. (2013). The usage of products with a milk raw material for confectionery products. Molodoy uchenyy, 4, 675–577.
- Nikiforova, T. A., Sevirenko, S. M., Kulikov, D. A. et. al. (2009). The prospects of usage secondary raw-materials of cereals productions. Khleboptoducti, 7, 50–51.
- Assel, K., Izembayeva, Meruert P. Bayisbayeva, Bayan Z., Muldabekova Н. (2014). Non–Traditional Raw Materials in Production of Sugar Cookies, American–Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci., 3, 358–362.
- Maximova, A. A. (2010). Innovation technology of production of the oat cookies. Khleboptoducti, 7, 38–39.
- Eckerson, J. M., Lieb, A. E., Mullen, K. A., Allen, N. O. (2015). The Effect of a Protein-Rich Egg White Breakfast and an Isocaloric Toaster Pastry Breakfast on Satiety and Dietary Intake in Normal-Weight College-Age Women. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 115 (9), A17. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2015.06.048
- Rosliakov, I. F., Gonchar, V. V., Shulvinskaia, I. V. (2007). The usage of the Siberian pine nut kernel (pinus sibirica) in the production of pastry for functional appointment. Fundamental research, 7, 89–90.
- Rubilar, M., Gutiérrez, C., Verdugo, M., Shene, C., Sineiro, J. (2010). Flaxseed as a source of functional ingredients. Journal of soil science and plant nutrition, 10 (3), 373–377. doi: 10.4067/s0718-95162010000100010
- Li, S.-S., Wang, L.-S., Shu, Q.-Y., Wu, J., Chen, L.-G., Shao, S., Yin, D.-D. (2015). Fatty acid composition of developing tree peony (Paeonia section Moutan DC.) seeds and transcriptome analysis during seed development. BMC Genomics, 16 (1). doi: 10.1186/s12864-015-1429-0
- Fatima, T., Snyder, C. L., Schroeder, W. R., Cram, D., Datla, R., Wishart, D. et. al. (2012). Fatty Acid Composition of Developing Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) Berry and the Transcriptome of the Mature Seed. PLoS ONE, 7 (4), e34099. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0034099
- Dorokhovich, A. M., Soloviova, O. L., Dorokhovich, V. V. (2011). Fortification .of the confectionery. Produkty & ingrediyenty, 3, 26–28.
- Bogatirov, A. (2011). Scientific principles of fortification nutrition products. Khlibopekarska i kondyterska promyslovist Ukrayiny, 5, 44–47.
- Magomedov, G. O., Plotnikova, I. V., Magomedov, N. G. (2014). Beet feelings for bakery. Khleboprodukty, 8, 44–47.
- Alekseenko, E. V., Dikareva, I. M. (2014). The usage of see button concentrate in the cakes products. Konditerskoe i khlebopekarskoe proizvodstvo, 5-6, 6–8.
- Ivanova, V. D., Khlebutina, M. S., Ivchuk, N. P. (2011). The researching of the cake functional properties. Naukovi pratsi ONAKHT, 40 (1), 82–86.
- Poliakova, A. V. (2011). Technology of the puff pastry with berries dry-powders supplements for puff pastry. Visnyk Donetskoho natsionalnoho universytetu ekonomiky i torhivli imeni Mykhayla Tuhan–Baranovskoho. Ser.: Tekhnichni nauky, 1, 55–60.
- Pop, A., Muste S., Man, S. (2013). Study of Valorification of Lycium barbarum (Goji) in Pastry Products / Anamaria Pop, Sevastita Muste, Simona Man. Bulletin UASVM Food Science and Technology, 70 (2), 93–98.
- Zucco, F., Borsuk, Y., Arntfield, S. D. (2011). Physical and nutritional evaluation of wheat cookies supplemented with pulse flours of different particle sizes. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 44 (10), 2070–2076. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2011.06.007
- Pérez, S., Matta, E., Osella, C., de la Torre, M., Sánchez, H. D. (2013). Effect of soy flour and whey protein concentrate on cookie color. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 50 (1), 120–125. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2012.06.015
- Gedrovica, P., Karklina D. (2013). Influence of Jerusalem Artichoke Powder on the Nutritional Value of Pastry Products. Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 6, 7
- Aller, M. C., Villarin, M. D., Pascual, P. R. L. (2015). Product Development of Malunggay (Moringga Oleifera) and Sweet Potato (Ipomea Batatas) for Pastry and Fillings. Tropical Technology Journal, 19 (1), 5. doi: 10.7603/s40934-015-0005-1
- Recipes of the cookie (1987). Moscow: Vsesoyuznyi nauchno-issledovatelskiy institutt konditerskoy promyshlenosti, 248.
- Krutoviy, Z. A., Zakharenko, G. V., Kasilova, L. O. et. al. (2013). Matematychne modelyuvannya retsepturnoyi kompozytsiyi keksu pidvyshchenoyi kharchovoyi tsinnosti. Nauka ta innovatsiyi, 5 (9), 5–9.
- Regulation (EU) № 854 of the European Parliament and of the Council. Laying down specific rules for the organisation of official controls on products of animal origin intended for human consumption (2004). Official Journal of the European Union, 45.
- Ovchinnikova, I. A. (1974). New methods of analysis of amino acids, proteins and peptydov. Moscow: Myr, 120.
- Otsenka nekotorykh pyshchevykh dobavok (1994). 37–y doklad Obedynennoho komyteta ékspertov FAO/VOZ po pyshchevym dobavkam. Seryya tekhnycheskykh dokladov VOZ: Geneva, 27–39.
- AACC International. Methods 10-50D and 10-52. Approved Methods of the American Association of Cereal Chemists, 10th ed. (2000). AACC International, St. Paul, MN, U.S.A.
- Tkachenko, A. S. (2015). The forecasting of demand on the new sugar cookie with non-traditional raw-materials. Materialy IV regionalnoiy conferencii: The goods of Lviv region on the today market: positioning, quality, safety within Eurointegration, 220–224.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Alina Tkachenko, Inna Pakhomova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.