Optimization of formulation composition of the low–calorie emulsion fat systems
Keywords:low calorie emulsion system, Jerusalem artichoke, viscosity, organoleptic indicators, optimization, the response surface
Among the promising food products of oil-and-fat industry, special place is held by emulsion fat products, in which vegetable oil is in the dispersed state that increases its assimilation. High taste and nutritional properties, due to the specific character of their structure, are inherent in emulsion fat systems. Therefore, water-fat emulsions are the promising systems, on the basis of which it is possible to create mayonnaises, sauces, dressings, oil pastes, spreads and other food products, including low fat ones, with the balanced composition and health-improving properties.
The work substantiated the optimum content of the concentrate of Jerusalem artichoke “Noteo” and the stabilizing system “Hamulsion QNA» – 10,06 and 0,42 % respectively, as the components of low calorie emulsion fat basis for the production of low fat oil–and–fat products.
It is shown that a low calorie emulsion fat system, produced with the use of raw components in the optimal ratio, possesses standardized physical–chemical and microbiological indicators, high organoleptic characteristics and can be used as the raw material for the production of low calorie mayonnaises, sauces and dressings for healthy nutrition.The recommendations are provided regarding the design of the technologies of the two groups of low calorie mayonnaises, sauces, dressings, enriched with food fibers and prebiotics (or the complexes of synbiotics), on the basis of the developed emulsion fat systems.
- Smoljar, V. I. (2012). Stan faktychnogho kharchuvannja naselennja nezalezhnoji Ukrajiny. Problemy kharchuvannja, 1-2, 5–9.
- Betoret, E., Betoret, N., Vidal, D., Fito, P. (2011). Functional foods development: Trends and technologies. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 22 (9), 498–508. doi: 10.1016/j.tifs.2011.05.004
- Fahimdanesh, M., Mohammadi, N., Ahari, H., Khosravi, M. A., Zanjani, F. Zh. et. al. (2012). Effect of microencapsulation plus resistant starch on survival of Lactobacillus casei and Bifidobacterium bifidum in mayonnaise sauce. African Journal of Microbiology Research. 6 (40). 6853–6858. doi: 10.5897/ajmr12.1240
- Mardar, M. R., Tkachenko, N. A., Lozovsjka, Gh. M., Makovsjka, T. V. (2016). Marketynghovi doslidzhennja pry pozycionuvanni ta vyvedenni na rynok nyzjkokalorijnogho majonezu, zbaghachenogho kompleksom synbiotykiv. Kharchova nauka i tekhnologhija, 1 (26), 3–10.
- Ghazaei, S., Mizani, M., Piravi-Vanak, Z., Alimi, M. (2015). Particle size and cholesterol content of a mayonnaise formulated by OSA-modified potato starch. Food Science and Technology (Campinas), 35 (1), 150–156. doi: 10.1590/1678-457x.6555
- Kuo, S.-M., Merhige, P. M., Hagey, L. R. (2013). The Effect of Dietary Prebiotics and Probiotics on Body Weight, Large Intestine Indices, and Fecal Bile Acid Profile in Wild Type and IL10−/− Mice. PLoS ONE, 8 (3), e60270. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0060270
- Harris, W. S., Miller, M., Tighe, A. P., Davidson, M. H., Schaefer, E. J. (2008). Omega-3 fatty acids and coronary heart disease risk: Clinical and mechanistic perspectives. Atherosclerosis, 197 (1), 12–24. doi: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2007.11.008
- Tkachenko, N. A., Sevastjjanova, O. V., Makovsjka, T. V. (2016) Zhyrozaminnyky vughlevodnoji ta bilkovoji pryrody v nyzjkokalorijnykh majonezakh. Prodovoljcha industrija APK, 1-2, 18–22.
- Mitchell, C. M., Davy, B. M., Halliday, T. M., Hulver, M. W., Neilson, A. P., Ponder, M. A., Davy, K. P. (2015). The effect of prebiotic supplementation with inulin on cardiometabolic health: Rationale, design, and methods of a controlled feeding efficacy trial in adults at risk of type 2 diabetes. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 45, 328–337. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2015.10.012
- Azizi, A., Homayouni, A., Payahoo, L. (2012). Effects of Probiotics on Lipid Profile: A Review. American Journal of Food Technology, 7 (5), 251–265. doi: 10.3923/ajft.2012.251.265
- Mogilvii, M. P., Shaltumaev, T. Sh., Galukova, M. K. (2013). Sovremenniie napravleniia ispolzovaniia pishchevih volokon v kachestve functionalnih ingredientov. Noviie tekhnologii, 1, 27–31.
- Han, G. K. & Ко. (2006). Istoriia uspeha. Stabilizacionniie sistemi dlia idealnogo produkta. Pishchevaya promishlennost, 8, 34.
- Chatsisvili, N. T., Amvrosiadis, I., Kiosseoglou, V. (2012). Physicochemical properties of a dressing-type o/w emulsion as influenced by orange pulp fiber incorporation. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 46 (1), 335–340. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2011.08.019
- Myers, R., Montgomery, D., Anderson-Cook, C. (2016). Response surface methodology: process and product optimization using designed experiments. Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, 825.
- Tkachenko, N. A., Makovsjka, T. V. (2015) Low-calorie mayonnaise production technology enriched with synbiotic complex by using batch method. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 4 (33), 74–81. doi: 10.15673/2073-8684.4/2015.55876
- Rahbari, M., Aalami, M., Kashaninejad, M., Maghsoudlou, Y., Aghdaei, S. S. A. (2014). A mixture design approach to optimizing low cholesterol mayonnaise formulation prepared with wheat germ protein isolate. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 52 (6), 3383–3393 doi: 10.1007/s13197-014-1389-4
- Kishk, Y. F. M., Elsheshetawy, H. E. (2013). Effect of ginger powder on the mayonnaise oxidative stability, rheological measurements, and sensory characteristics. Annals of Agricultural Sciences, 58 (2), 213–220. doi: 10.1016/j.aoas.2013.07.016
- Mardar, M. R., Valevsjka, L. O. (2010). Kompleksna tovaroznavcha ocinka jakosti novykh vydiv ekstrudovanykh zernovykh produktiv pidvyshhenoji kharchovoji cinnosti. Zernovi produkty i kombikormy, 1 (37), 19–22.
- Makovsjka, T. V., Tkachenko, N. A. (2015). Bifidobacterium activation in technologies of health-improving mayonnaise. Technology audit and production reserves, 6 (4(26)), 40–44. doi: 10.15587/2312-8372.2015.56209
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Nataliіa Tkachenko, Pavlo Nekrasov, Tetiana Makovska, Lubov Lanzhenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.