Technology of anaerobic-aerobic purification of wastewater from nitrogen compounds after obtaining biogas
Keywords:fermentation of remainder, cosubstrate, wastewater, nitrification – denitrification, anaerobic – aerobic processing
The technological parameters, by which the concentration of nitrogen containing compounds can be reduced to 75 % in the process of purification of the waste water from methane tanks after the process of the anaerobic fermentation of the poultry remainder were determined.
The influence of the cosubstrate structure on the change of the concentration of nitrogen compounds in wastewater in the process of obtaining biogas from the remainder was shown. The cosubstrate, which contains more lignin, contributes to double increase in the content of ammonium ions, in relation to the substrates, the content of lignin in which does not exceed 25 %; besides, it does not increase the content of organic compounds in wastewater. The lower content of lignin leads to the fact that the content of organic substances in wastewater is 70 % higher.
The technological parameters (time of hydraulic retention, the ratio of the flows in the process of wastewater purification) of the anaerobicaerobic process of wastewater purification were defined.The obtained laboratory results provide an opportunity to develop the technology of the anaerobic fermentation of the wastes of livestock breeding industry with wastewater reusing in the technological process of anaerobic waste processing. This technology is attractive in cases when in the process of fermentation it is necessary to add water for bringing the content of the methane tank to the optimum humidity; the fermentation of poultry breeding wastes is a good example of such use.
- Geletukha, G., Zheleznaya, T., Kucheruk, P., Oleinik, E. (2013). Sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy bioenergetiki v Ukraine. Analiticheskaya zapyska BAU, 9, 25.
- Li, X., Abu-Reesh, I., He, Z. (2015). Development of Bioelectrochemical Systems to Promote Sustainable Agriculture. Agriculture, 5 (3), 367–388. doi: 10.3390/agriculture5030367
- Kozlovets, О., Golub, N., Voyevoda, D. (2015). Technology of anaerobic-aerobic treatment wastewaters from nitrogen compounds after biogas. Agroinkom, 6 (4), 43–46.
- Eusebi, A. L., Martin-Garcia, N., McAdam, E. J., Jefferson, B., Lester, J. N., Cartmell, E. (2013). Nitrogen removal from temperate anaerobic–aerobic two-stage biological systems: impact of reactor type and wastewater strength. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 88 (11), 2107–2114. doi: 10.1002/jctb.4102
- Sgroi, F., Foderà, M., Trapani, A. M. D., Tudisca, S., Testa, R. (2015). Economic evaluation of biogas plant size utilizing giant reed. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 49, 403–409. doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2015.04.142
- Joseph Igwe, N. (2014). Production of Biogas from Paper Waste Blended With Cow Dung. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 8 (10), 58–68. doi: 10.9790/2402-081025868
- Shved, O. M. (2014). Current technologies of ammonium withdrawal from wastewater. Biotechnologia acta, 7 (5), 108–113. doi: 10.15407/biotech7.05.108
- Zhu, G., Wang, S., Feng, X., Fan, G., Jetten, M. S. M., Yin, C. (2011). Anammox Bacterial Abundance, Biodiversity and Activity in a Constructed Wetland. Environmental Science & Technolog, 45 (23), 9951–9958. doi: 10.1021/es202183w
- Strous, M., Heijnen, J. J., Kuenen, J. G., Jetten, M. S. M. (1998). The sequencing batch reactor as a powerful tool for the study of slowly growing anaerobic ammonium-oxidizing microorganisms. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 50 (5), 589–596. doi: 10.1007/s002530051340
- Shved, O., Dehestaniathar, S., Novikov, J. (2014). Anammox enrichment and constructed wetland inoculation for improvement of wastewater treatment performance. Adv Environ Health Res, 2 (3), 189–195.
- Graaf, A. A., Bruijn, P. De, Robertson, L. A. (1996). Autotrophic growth of anaerobic ammonium–oxidizing microorganisms in a fluidized bed reactor. Microbiology, 142, 2187–2196.
- Luesken, F. A., Sanchez, J., van Alen, T. A., Sanabria, J., Op den Camp, H. J. M., Jetten, M. S. M., Kartal, B. (2011). Simultaneous Nitrite-Dependent Anaerobic Methane and Ammonium Oxidation Processes. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 77 (19), 6802–6807. doi: 10.1128/aem.05539-11
- Sablіy, L. A. (2012). Vpliv anaerobnih umov of bіologіchne ochishtennya gospodarsyko–pobutovih stіchnih vod. Vіsnik NUVGP, 2 (57), 24–29.
- Mendes, C., Esquerre, K., Queiroz, L. M. (2016). Modeling simultaneous carbon and nitrogen removal (SCNR) in anaerobic/anoxic reactor treating domestic wastewater. Journal of Environmental Management, 177, 119–128. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2016.04.016
- Amon, T., Amon, B., Kryvoruchko, V., Zollitsch, W., Mayer, K., Gruber, L. (2007). Biogas production from maize and dairy cattle manure – Influence of biomass composition on the methane yield. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 118 (1-4), 173–182. doi: 10.1016/j.agee.2006.05.007
- Corno, L., Pilu, R., Tambone, F., Scaglia, B., Adani, F. (2015). New energy crop giant cane (Arundo donax L.) can substitute traditional energy crops increasing biogas yield and reducing costs. Bioresource Technology, 191, 197–204. doi: 10.1016/j.biortech.2015.05.015
- Kreuger, E., Escobar, F., Svensson, S.-E, Björnsson, L. (2011). Biogas production from hemp – evaluation of the effect of harvest time on methane. Biomass and bioenergy, 35, 893–900.
- Ionomer laboratornyy i–160mi (2007). Obschtstvo s ogranichennoy otvetstvennostyyu «Izmeritelynaya tehnika», 69.
- Leybnits, E., Shtruppe, H. G. (1988). Rukovodstvo po gazovoy chromatographii. Part 1. Moscow: Myr, 480.
- KND 211.1.4.021–95 (1995). Metodika viznachennya hіmіchnogo spozhivannya (HSC) in poverhnevih i stіchnih vodah.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Natalia Golub, Olexandr Kozlovets, Dariya Voiyevoda
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.