Research of thermal conductivity of the condensed mass of the whole waste tires and determination of their optimum arrangement in the pyrolysis reactor
Keywords:pyrolysis reactor, thermal conductivity of condensed body mass of tire rubber with bead rings, whole waste tires, thermal resistance
The theoretical study of the total thermal conductivity of three selected anisotropic structures of binary cells proved that the asymmetric arrangement of whole tires in the pyrolysis reactor, which provides the maximum thermal conductivity of the mass of whole tires in the reactor is the closest to realistic conditions. With the asymmetrical arrangement of tires in the reactor, in the process of consolidation, bead rings overlap, creating a metal lattice with thermal conductivity of 57 W/(m×К) characteristic of metal in the mass of thermoplastic rubber, which increases the total thermal conductivity of the mass in the reactor by up to 70 times to 12.7 W/(m∙K) due to the introduction of high thermal conductivity of metal bead rings. The resulting values of thermal conductivity of the mass of whole tires in the pyrolysis reactor at the optimum arrangement of raw materials and coefficient of filling about 98 % allow optimizing the structural characteristics of the pyrolysis equipment, thus confirming the prospects of the proposed modern technology of whole tire pyrolysis under the action of two factors – temperature and mechanical compression.
The development of high-performance series industrial equipment for thermal recycling of tires with full process automation and production of alternative liquid fuels according to this technology is planned.
- Markina, L. M., Ryzhkov, S. S., Rudiuk, M. V., Kryva, M. S. (2016). Patent of Ukraine for the invention C. F23G5/24, F23G5/027, С08J11/04, С10G1/10, С10В53/07. Universal automated installation of continuous pyrolysis whole worn car tires. No. 110678, declared: 06.10.2014; published: 25.01 2016, № 2.
- Bekhiti, M., Trouzine, H., Asroun, A. (2014). Properties of Waste Tire Rubber Powder. Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, 4 (4), 669–672.
- Singh, B., Sharma, N. (2008). Mechanistic implications of plastic degradation. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 93 (3), 561–584. doi: 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2007.11.008
- Skoromnii, A. L. (2008). Snizenie energozatrat na utilizatsiyu iznoshennyh avtomobilnyh shin metodom termohimicheskoj destruktsii [Reduced energy consumption for recycling of used tires by thermochemical destruction]. Ecology and industry, 4, 68–71.
- Kim, K. K., Karpova, I. M. (2007). Novij metod utilizatsii avtomobilnyh shin s metolokordom [A new method for recycling automobile tires with metal cord]. Life safety, 7, 24–27.
- Vovk, O. A., Nikitchenko, J. S. (2009). Environmental safety technology on scrap tires treatment. Proceedings of National Aviation University, 41 (4), 94–99. doi: 10.18372/2306-1472.41.1805
- Koc, A. (2013). Studying the Utilization of Plastic Waste by Chemical Recycling Method. Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 3 (7), 413–420. doi: 10.4236/ojapps.2013.37051
- Hujuri, U., Ghoshal, A. K., Gumma, S. (2008). Modeling pyrolysis kinetics of plastic mixtures. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 93 (10), 1832–1837. doi: 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2008.07.006
- Stalinsky, D. V., Scoromnyi, A. L., Sinozacky, A. M. (2011). Modelirovanie temperaturnogo sostojanija termohimicheskoj destruktsii iznoshennyh avtomobilnyh shin [Modelling of the temperature condition of the reactor thermochemical destruction for the worn out automobile tires]. Integrated technologies and energy efficiency, 1, 58–66.
- Development and model operation of installation for a heat treatment of combustible slates. Available at : http://discollection.ru/article/27072009_kosova_ol_ga_jur_evna_93707/
- Sposib pererobky polimernyh skladovyh znoshenyh avtomobil'nyh shyn. Available at: http://findpatent.com.ua/patent/240/2402591.html
- Ryzhkov, S. S., Markina, L. N., Rudyuk N. V., Zabolotnaya Yu. V. (2014). Otrabotka piroliznoy tekhnologii utilizatsii organicheskikh otkhodov dlya morekhozyaystvennogo kompleksa – sistemy podachi otkhodov v piroliznyy reaktor [Working off of pyrolysis technology of utilization of an organic wastage for a morekhozyaystvenny complex – system of giving of a wastage in the pyrolysis reactor]. Shipbuilding and marine infrastructure, 2 (2), 131–143.
- Kirpichev, M. V., Mikheev, M. A. (1936). Modelirovanie teplovykh ustroystv [Simulation of thermal devices]. Moscow: USSR Academy of Sciences Publishing House, 255.
- Tyabin, N. V. (1974). Teploobmen. [Heat exchange]. Soviet researches. Moscow: Science, 195–198.
- Dulnev, G. N., Zarichnyak, Yu. P. (1974). Teploprovodnost smesey i kompozitsionnykh materialov [Heat conductivity of mixes and composites. the reference book]. Moscow: Energy, 264.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Liudmyla Markina, Serhiy Ryzhkov, Nikolay Rudyuk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.