Development of mathematical models for planning the duration of shunting operations
Keywords:rail transport, shunting operations, length of semi-flight, experiment, regression model
The studies we conducted address the subject of setting the standards of shunting operations in rail transport. Existing methods of standardization of shunting operations in rail transport are analyzed and their deficiencies are revealed. A mathematical model of technological time of the transposition of shunting train sets was built. We developed regression models of technological time for the semi-flights of the rounds of shunting locomotives for a train set and their transpositions at different speeds of shunting operations. Based on the analysis of tabular norms of duration of the execution of shunting operations, we proposed to use polynomial models as more convenient in practical application and reflecting the influence on the value of technological time not only from separate variables (factors) but their interaction as well. As a result of a full factor experiment with effects of pair interaction, the model is obtained of technological time of the transposition of shunting train sets, which adequately reflects the element of transportation process. We carried out calculations that confirm the adequacy of the developed model. The dependencies that we obtained are more convenient to apply in comparison to the tabular method of representation of the norms of time for the operations, it is recommended to use them when constructing simulation models of operation of the railway stations.
- Kovalev, V. I., Os'minin, A. T. (2009). Upravlenie ehkspluatacionnoj rabotoj na zheleznodorozhnom transporte. Moscow: GOU «Uchebno-metodicheskij centr po obrazovaniyu na zheleznodorozhnom transporte», 263.
- Metodicheskie ukazaniya po raschetu norm vremeni na manevrovye raboty, vypolnyaemye na zheleznodorozhnom transporte (1998). Utverzhdeny CZ MPS RF 19.03.1998. Moscow: Min. putej soobshcheniya RF, 84.
- Pepevnik, A. (2003). Model of shunting technology based on system structure. Promet (Zagreb), 15 (5), 291–297.
- Shmulevich, M. I., Starikov, A. E. (2015). Osobennosti normirovaniya manevrovoj raboty v imitacionnoj modeli stancii. Mir transporta, 13 (5 (60)), 198–212.
- Ivic, M., Markovic, M., Markovic, A. (2007). Effects of the application of conventional methods in the process of forming the pick-up trains. Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, 17 (2), 245–256. doi: 10.2298/yjor0702245i
- Pepevnik, A., Bogovic, B. (2003). The railway traffic shunting system. Promet (Zagreb), 15 (3), 177–184.
- Pepevnik, A., Belsak, M. (2011). Information system in the function of railway traffic management. Transport problems. International scientific journal, 6 (1), 37–42.
- Boysen, N., Fliedner, M., Jaehn, F., Pesch, E. (2012). Shunting yard operations: Theoretical aspects and applications. European Journal of Operational Research, 220 (1), 1–14. doi: 10.1016/j.ejor.2012.01.043
- Korop, G. V. (2013). Razrabotka programmnogo kompleksa po planirovaniyu i normirovaniyu manevrovoj raboty. Vestnik VNU im. V. Dalya, 4 (193), Part 2. 60–64.
- Normy vremeni na manevrovye raboty, vypolnyaemye na zheleznodorozhnyh stanciyah OAO "RZHD", normativy chislennosti brigad manevrovyh lokomotivov (2007). Utv. OAO "RZHD" 08.02.2007. Moscow: Tekhinform, 100.
- Smorodinceva, E. E., Timuhina, E. N. (2009). Tekhnologiya i organizaciya pererabotki vagonopotokov na sortirovochnoj stancii. Ekaterinburg: UrGUPS, 68.
- Lashchenykh, O. A., Kuz'kin, O. F., Hrytsay, S. V. (2012). Imovirnisni i statystyko-eksperymental'ni metody analizu transportnykh protsesiv i system. Zaporizhzhya: ZNTU, 420.
- Barabashchuk, V. I., Kredencer, B. P., Miroshnichenko, V. I. (1984). Planirovanie ehksperimenta v tekhnike. Kyiv: Tekhnіka, 198.
- Mohanad, M. K., Kostyk, V., Domin, D., Kostyk, K. (2016). Modeling of the case depth and surface hardness of steel during ion nitriding. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (5 (80)), 45–49. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.65454
- Domin, D. (2013). Adaptive modeling in problems of optimal control search termovremennoy cast iron. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (4 (66)), 31–37. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/19453/17110
- Kuryn, M. G. (2012). Synthesis of cold-hardening mixtures with given set of properties and optimization of technological regimes of their manufacturing [Text]. Technology audit and production reserves, 1 (1 (3)), 25–29. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/tarp/article/view/4872/4523
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Olexandr Lashenyh, Serhii Turpak, Sergey Gritcay, Larysa Vasileva, Elena Ostroglyad
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.