Study of influence of technological factors on the sorption of ionized calcium from skimmed milk by sodium alginate
Keywords:skimmed cow milk, complexing agent, sodium alginate, ionized calcium, sorption
The possibility of regulating the composition of the salt system of skimmed cow milk for the purpose of regulating the functional and technological properties was investigated. Parameters for the regulation of the composition of the salt system of skimmed cow milk were established. We defined the prospects of using sodium alginate as a natural ion exchanger, the implementation of whose properties for the binding of calcium ions allows using it under conditions of regulating the composition of the salt system of skimmed cow milk or the systems based on it, stable over time and during thermal treatment. The research revealed the influence of technological factors on the process of sorption of ionized calcium by the solution of complexing agent sodium alginate. It was determined that the important factors that affect the process are active acidity and the conditions of conducting the process, namely, a phased introduction of the sorbent, which contributes to the same speed of the process and, as a result, obtaining the same sorption speed throughout the whole process. In addition, the study of influence of the sorption area and temperature indicate that these factors are not determining in this process. Rationalization of parameters of the sorption of ionized calcium leads to the increased thermal stability of skimmed cow milk and the systems based on it. Materials, presented in this paper, are the basis for the development and implementation of technologies of new food products, the composition of which provides colloidal stability under condition of the joint use of dairy and fruit and berries raw materials, which might be used in food industry.
- Singh, H. (2004). Heat stability of milk. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 57 (2-3), 111–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0307.2004.00143.x
- Faka, M., Lewis, M. J., Grandison, A. S., Deeth, H. (2009). The effect of free Ca2+ on the heat stability and other characteristics of low-heat skim milk powder. International Dairy Journal, 19 (6-7), 386–392. doi: 10.1016/j.idairyj.2008.12.006
- Tepel, А. (2012). Chemistry and physics of milk. Saint Petersburg: Profession, 824.
- Philippe, M., Legraet, Y., Gaucheron, F. (2005). The effects of different cations on the physicochemical characteristics of casein micelles. Food Chemistry, 90 (4), 673–683. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2004.06.001
- Auty, M. A. E., O’Kennedy, B. T., Allan-Wojtas, P., Mulvihill, D. M. (2005). The application of microscopy and rheology to study the effect of milk salt concentration on the structure of acidified micellar casein systems. Food Hydrocolloids, 19 (1), 101–109. doi: 10.1016/j.foodhyd.2004.04.019
- Xu, Y., Liu, D., Yang, H., Zhang, J., Liu, X., Regenstein, J. M. et. al. (2016). Effect of calcium sequestration by ion-exchange treatment on the dissociation of casein micelles in model milk protein concentrates. Food Hydrocolloids, 60, 59–66. doi: 10.1016/j.foodhyd.2016.03.026
- Post, A. E., Arnold, B., Weiss, J., Hinrichs, J. (2012). Effect of temperature and pH on the solubility of caseins: Environmental influences on the dissociation of αS- and β-casein. Journal of Dairy Science, 95 (4), 1603–1616. doi: 10.3168/jds.2011-4641
- Tanashuk, S., Savchenko, O., NIkolaych, A. (2006). Zastosuvaniya ionoobmennuh smol. Harchova i pererobna promuslovist, 2, 23–25.
- Sokоlova, L. I. (1975). Application of ion exchange processes for improving the thermal stability of milk. Moscow, USSR: Moscow Technological Institute of Meat and Dairy Industry, 21.
- Fedushnov, P. A. (2007). Ispolzovanie sistemu Budal 935. Produktu i ingredientu, 63–67.
- Pyvovarova, O., Grinchenko, O., Pyvovarov, Y. (2009). Analytic study of the system «AlgNa – CaSO4 – water» and scientific prognostication of its structure-forming regularity. Formular de evaluare. 33 Congres Ara : a lucrarilor din cadrul Celui, 101–113.
- Pivovarov, P. P., Neklesa, O. P., Nagornyiy, A. Yu. (2013). Innovatsionnyie tehnologii proizvodstva kapsulirovannyih produktov. Produktyi & ingredientyi, 3, 24.
- Moroz, O. V., Protsik, V. O., Pivovarov, P. P. (2012). Doslidzhennya vplivu kaltsiyu na strukturno-mehanichnI vlastivosti algInovih dragliv z metoyu vikoristannya v tehnologiyi produktsiyi z zheleynoyu strukturoyu. Visnik Kharkivskogo natsionalnogo tehnichnogo universytetu silskogo gospodarstva Im. P. Vasilenka. Suchasni napryamki tehnologiyi ta mehanIzatsiyi protsesiv pererobnih i harchovih virobnitstv, 131, 271‒278.
- Donskaya, G. V., Drozhzhin, V. M., Grivkova, A. I. (1998). Izbiratelnue sorbentu rastitelnogo proishogdeniya dlya ochistki moloka ot stronziya. Molochnaya promushlennost, 1, 31–32.
- Plotnikova, R., Grynchenko, N., Pyvovarov, P. (2016). The study of sorption of the milk ionized calcium by sodium alginate. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 4 (4), 45–48. doi: 10.21303/2504-5695.2016.00191
- Pyvovarova, O. P. (2009). Tehnologiya polufabrikatov restrukturirovannuh na osnove shampinonov. Kharkiv State University of Food and Trade, 19.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Raisa Plotnikova, Nataliya Grynchenko, Pavlo Pyvovarov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.