Improving the method of rotational broaching in the production of profile openings on the lathes of turning group
Keywords:profile openings, threaded connections, drifting, broaching, rotational head, bit, lathe
We examined methods of manufacturing profile openings on the metal-cutting machines by the rotational broaching method. Based on the generalized results of analysis of the methods for manufacturing profile openings, we proposed a method of rotational broaching. Bits for drilling machines or screwdrivers are used as the tool. Hardness of the bit is quite high; therefore, making a centering opening in it is difficult. The problem is solved by pressing a transition bushing onto the bit, with a centering opening made in advance. Implementation of the method requires a Morse cone with a welded plate. This allows fixing the rotating centre in a tool carrier. The proposed method makes it possible at minimal financial cost to perform the shaping of profile openings within a wide range of both the shape and nominal dimensions. The method is based on the effect of self-centering and, therefore, does not require preliminary adjustment. Adjusting tool entrance angle is achieved by displacing a transverse support of the lathe and by tool carrier rotation. In addition, in the production of profile opening, its input cone is formed, which provides for easy installation of the wrench to transmit rotational moment without losing load capacity. The studies conducted defined suboptimal values of the input variables that are accepted as rational in the examined technological process of rotational broaching. These are: a tool entrance angle (1.5...2.5 degrees), its supply (0.1...0.3 mm/rev) and the rate of processing (15...25 m/min)
- Kirichenko, І., Morneva, M., Kashura, A., Popov, S. (2015). Technological standardization. Teka. Commission of motorization and energetics in agriculture, 15 (4), 29–34.
- Vasyl'jev, Je. A. (2010). Elektronne reguljuvannja zakonu ruhu robochogo organu rozchynonasosa dlja znyzhennja pul'sacii' tysku rozchynnoi' sumish. Stroitel'stvo. Materialovedenie. Mashinostroenie. Serija: Pod’jomno-transportnye, stroitel'nye i dorozhnye mashiny i oborudovanie, 57, 142–146.
- Vasyl'jev, A. V., Popov, S. V., Dacenko, V. D. (2015). Development of the construction of the cut-off blade from circular saws. Technology audit and production reserves, 3 (1 (23)), 60–64. doi: 10.15587/2312-8372.2015.44396
- Schulze, V., Meier, H., Strauss, T., Gibmeier, J. (2012). High Speed Broaching of Case Hardening Steel SAE 5120. Procedia CIRP, 1, 431–436. doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2012.04.077
- Axinte, D., Boud, F., Penny, J., Gindy, N., Williams, D. J. (2005). Broaching of Ti-6-4 – Detection of Workpiece Surface Anomalies on Dovetail Slots through Process Monitoring. CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 54 (1), 87–90. doi: 10.1016/s0007-8506(07)60056-0
- Kong, X., Li, B., Jin, Z., Geng, W. (2011). Broaching Performance of Superalloy GH4169 Based on FEM. Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 27 (12), 1178–1184. doi: 10.1016/s1005-0302(12)60015-2
- Klocke, F., Döbbeler, B., Seimann, M. (2016). Dry Broaching Using Carbon Free Steel as Tool Material. Procedia CIRP, 46, 496–499. doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2016.04.076
- Meier, H., Ninomiya, K., Dornfeld, D., Schulze, V. (2014). Hard Broaching of Case Hardened SAE 5120. Procedia CIRP, 14, 60–65. doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2014.03.074
- Schroeter, R. B., Bastos, C. M., Crichigno Filho, J. M. (2007). Simulation of the main cutting force in Crankshaft turn broaching. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 47 (12-13), 1884–1892. doi: 10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2007.03.008
- Schulze, V., Zanger, F., Kraube, M., Boev, N. (2013). Simulation Approach for the Prediction of Surface Deviations Caused by Process-Machine-Interaction During Broaching. Procedia CIRP, 8, 252–257. doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2013.06.098
- Leckij, Je., Hartman, K., Shefer, V.; Leckij, Je. (Ed.) (1977). Planirovanie jeksperimenta v issledovanii tehnologicheskih processov. Moscow: Mir, 552.
- Domin, D. A. (2011). Methodology of forming functional in the optimal control electric smelting. Technology audit and production reserves, 1 (1 (1)), 15–24. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/tarp/article/view/4082/3748
- Dymko, E. P., Marinenko, D. V., Borisenko, S. V., Kravcova, N. V. (2016). Selection of criteria for interchangeability verification of special alloys on the example of nimonic. ScienceRise, 6 (2 (23)), 27–30. doi: 10.15587/2313-8416.2016.70356
- Radchenko, A. A., Alekseenko, Ju. N., Chumachenko, V. I., Bogdan, V. V. (2016). Determination of optimum heat treatment conditions for hardness criterion of multicomponent steel based on fuzzy mathematical simulation. ScienceRise, 6 (2 (23)), 6–9. doi: 10.15587/2313-8416.2016.69969
- Zinchenko, P. S., Aksenenko, M. P., Jovbak, A. V., Orendarchuk, Ju. V. (2016). Application of liquid glass mixtures with reduced content of liquide glass as a factor in improving the quality of machine-building castings. ScienceRise, 5 (2 (22)), 6–9. doi: 10.15587/2313-8416.2016.69836
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Anatoly Vasilyev, Stanislav Popov, Eugene Vasilyev, Anna Pavelieva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.