A study of internal friction anomalies in stainless steel with nanostructured plasma coating
Keywords:plasma coating, internal friction, damping, nanocomponents, anomalous properties, modulus of elasticity
The study of the damping in the elastic vibration energy was conducted on the samples of steel Cr18Ni9Ti and 12Cr18Ni10Ti shaped as a solid rod and a capillary, respectively. Plasma coatings based on NiА1–SiO2·Al2O3 were researched in broad temperature and deformation ranges. The research has proved an essential influence of plasma nanostructured coatings applied as aerosils on the temperature and amplitude dependences of the internal friction in the sample composite materials. The research has revealed anomalies and peak effects in the coated samples in the temperature spectrum, both in the low-temperature and high-temperature areas. The study has revealed the effect of coating (NiА1–SiO2·Al2O3) on the peaks of various physical nature.
The presence of complex damping characteristics is due to the complex microstructure of the coating that contains internal interfaces and pores. Moreover, additional damping mechanisms are realized at the interfaces of individual grains, particles, and also at the interphase interaction boundary in the “coating-base” system.
The proposed damping criterion is based on understanding of the opposite influence of coatings on the display of various factors. Such factors include: an increase in the damping in the energy of elastic vibrations and, at the same time, fixation of dislocations and a decrease in the shear formation in the presence of nanocomponents in different coating zones.
- Favstow, Yu. K., Shulga, Yu. N., Rakhshtadt, A. G. (1980). Physical Metallurgy of high-damping alloys. Moscow: Metallurgy, 271.
- Golovin, S. A., Pushkar, A., Levin, D. M. (1987). Elastic and damping properties of structural metallic materials. Moscow: Metallurgy, 193.
- Shulga, Yu. N. (1990). The elastic properties of alloys with metallic coatings. Moscow: Metallurgy, 149.
- Khristolyubov, A. S., Potekhin, B. A., Mikhaylov, S. B., Skvortsov, A. A. (2008). Damping capacity of obtained by different method. Vestnik IzhGTU. Mechanical engineering, 4, 33–35.
- Kopylov, V. I. (1999). Optimization of obtaining solid compositions based on the combination of technological and operational parameters of plasma spraying. Problems of strength, 1, 68–75.
- Rudenskaya, N. A. (2004). New plasma coating multi-purpose and their self-organization. Protection of metals, 40 (2), 173–177.
- Potekhin, B. A., Lukashenko, S. G., Kochugov, S. P. (2000). Influence of plasma coatings on the damping properties of structural steels. Metallography and heat treatment of metals, 10, 30–33.
- Kopylov, V. I., Kolesnikov, Yu. V., Govorov, I. V., Gurey, I. V., Parkhomenko, L. A. (1991). Increase of efficiency of deposition and properties of multicomponent thermal spray coatings. Phys.-Khim. mechanics of materials, 4, 100–105.
- Zin’kovskiy, A. P., Tokar’, I. G. (2009). Damping capacity of structural elements with nanostructured coatings. Bulletin of the engine, 2, 37–41.
- Suleev, D. K., Utepov, T. E., Burshukova, G. A., Tusupkalieva, E. A. (2014). Damping alloy steel with a nanostructured coating. Bulletin of KazNTU, 6, 61–68.
- Kopylov, V. I., Smirnov, I. V., Seliverstov, I. A. (2009). The process of ion-plasma cladding powders for thermal coatings. Scientific lead of National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute", 3 (65), 11–20.
- Blanter, M. S., Piguzov, Y. V. (Eds.) (1997). Application of the method of internal friction in metallurgical research. Moscow: Metallurgy, 245.
- Kopylov, V. I., Varvus, I. A., Strongin, B. G., Ilyushchenko, A. F., Gorin, A. V. (1991). Main features of the formation of multi-component thermal spray coatings determining the physical and mechanical properties of the compositions during of spraying. Phys.-Khim. mechanics of materials, 1, 65–70.
- Kopylov, V. I., Smirnov, I. V., Rybakov, S. V. (2005). Influence of composition and microstructure of oxide ceramic coatings on physico-mechanical properties of composite materials. Engineering problems, 2, 3–19.
- Yu, L., Ma, Y., Zhou, C., Xu, H. (2005). Damping capacity and dynamic mechanical characteristics of the plasma-sprayed coatings. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 407 (1-2), 174–179. doi: 10.1016/j.msea.2005.07.051
- Bezyazychnyy, V. F., Aver’yanov, I. N. (2014). To the question of the use of the damping coating to reduce vibrations and noise in repair. Vestnik PNIPU. Aerospace engineering, 38, 48–60.
- Kopylov, V. I., Revo, S. L., Smirnov, I. V., Ivanenko, E. A., Lozovy, F. V., Antonenko, D. A. (2010). Influence of plasma coatings of powders with nano-size components on the internal friction of iron. Nanosistemy, nanomaterials, nanotechnology, 8 (1), 209–215.
- Ustinov, A. I., Zin'kovskiy, A. P., Tokar’, I. G., Skorodzievskiy, V. S. (2010). On the possibilities of nanostructured coatings to reduce the dynamic tension of structural elements of machines. Modern electrometallurgy, 1, 28–33.
- Choi, D., Nix, W. D. (2006). Anelastic behavior of copper thin films on silicon substrates: Damping associated with dislocations. Acta Materialia, 54 (3), 679–687. doi: 10.1016/j.actamat.2005.10.003
- Yu, L., Ma, Y., Zhou, C., Xu, H. (2005). Damping efficiency of the coating structure. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 42 (11-12), 3045–3058. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2004.10.033
- Yu, L. M., Ma, Y. (2011). An Interfacial Damping Model for Hard Coating Structure. Advanced Materials Research, 314-316, 191–196. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/amr.314-316.191
- Wang, X., Pei, Y., Ma, Y. (2013). The effect of microstructure at interface between coating and substrate on damping capacity of coating systems. Applied Surface Science, 282, 60–66. doi: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2013.04.172
- Butter, I. B., Diveev, B. M., Kogut, I. S., Nikolishin, M. M. (2014). Damping in sandwich composite beams under dynamic bending. Modern technology in engineering and transport, 1, 21–27.
- Budugaeva, V. A. (2011). Influence of characteristics of thin coatings on the damping properties of a hollow cylinder. Modern problems of applied mathematics and mechanics: theory, experiment and practice. Novosibirsk, 1–3.
- Li, Z., Crocker, M. J. (2005). A Review on Vibration Damping in Sandwich Composite Structures. The International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 10 (4). doi: 10.20855/ijav.2005.10.4184
- Kopylov, V. (2016). Effect of multiphase structure of plasma coatings on their elastic and strength properties. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (5 (83)), 49–57. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79586
- Strongin, B. G., Tretyak, I. Yu., Varvus, I. A., Maksimovich, G. G. (1978). Temperature dependence of internal friction Х18Н22В2Т2 austenitic steels. Physics of the solid state, 8, 38–43.
- Wilson, F. G., Pickering, F. B. (1968). A study of zone formation in an austenitic steel containing 4 % titanium. Acta Metallurgica, 16 (1), 115–131. doi: 10.1016/0001-6160(68)90080-1
- Werner, V. D., Koblikova, L. V., Korobov, V. K. (1972). Structure of the peak Finkelstein – Rozin in deformed austenitic steels. Mechanisms of internal friction in semiconductors and metallic materials. Moscow: Nauka, 152–154.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Viacheslav Kopylov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.