Development of a two-step technology of scouring wool by the method of high-energy discrete treatment
Keywords:Tsigeian wool, Sulside, residual grease content, acid number
The process of pretreatment of wool fiber is the main factor, which determines the state of the raw material base of wool. The prime cost and the quality of the finished products depend on how and in what way wool scouring was performed. The traditional technologies of the wool pretreatment are expensive and inefficient; furthermore, the problem of extraction of wool grease from the used washing waters is not paid sufficient attention to. The solution to this problem is applying innovative technology of highenergy discrete processing.
Based on the conducted experimental studies, we proposed the technology of twostage wool scouring by the method of highenergy discrete processing, which includes the following sequence of technological operations: mechanical scouring of wool, the highenergy discrete processing of wool for 3 minutes, washing of wool in the SAS solution with the concentration of 1,5 g/l, at the temperature of 45 °C, washing of wool in clean water, drying.It was determined that the application of highenergy discrete processing of wool fiber for 3 minutes at the stage of washing contributes to improvement of the qualitative characteristics and to the increase in the output of wool grease up to 96 % in comparison with the amount of grease extracted from the unprocessed fiber.
- Muntyan, V. A. (2010). Analiz tehnologicheskih processov i ustrojstv dlya pervichnoj obrabotki shersti. Energosberezhenie. Energetika. Energoaudit, 1 (71), 62–65.
- Johnson, N. A. G., Russell, I. M. (Eds.) (2009). Advances in Wool Technology. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Limited, 342.
- Saribekova, Yu. G. (2002). Sovremennoe sostoyanie pervichnoj obrabotki shersti [Сurrent state of the primary processing of wool]. Problems of textile and light industry of Ukraine, 6, 42–47.
- Zhang, Y., Pang, G., Zhao, Y., Wang, X., Bu, F., Zhao, X. (2016). Pulsed electrohydraulic discharge for wool fiber cleaning. Journal of Cleaner Production, 112, 1033–1039. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.08.023 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.08.023
- Yarovoj, V. V., Tarasova, G. I., Ganzyuk, L. I. (1999). Yemul'sionnaya tehnologiya ochistki sherstyanogo syr'ya ot pervichnyh prirodnyh zagryaznenij [Emulsion technology cleaning woolen raw materials from primary natural contaminants]. Textile industry, 11-12, 20–21.
- Poole, A., Cordruwisch, R., Williamjones, F. (2005). Mechanism of aerobic biological destabilisation of wool scour effluent emulsions. Water Research, 39 (12), 2756–2762. doi: 10.1016/j.watres.2005.04.060
- Sengupta, A., Behera, J. (2014). Comprehensive view on chemistry, manufacturing & applications of lanolin extracted from wool pretreatment. American Journal of Engineering Research, 3 (7), 33–43.
- Labanda, J., Llorens, J. (2008). Wool scouring waste treatment by a combination of coagulation–flocculation process and membrane separation technology. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, 47 (7), 1061–1068. doi: 10.1016/j.cep.2007.07.010
- Zhang, R., Wang, A. (2015). Modification of wool by air plasma and enzymes as a cleaner and environmentally friendly process. Journal of Cleaner Production, 87, 961–965. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.10.004
- Smith, E., Shen, J. (2011). Surface modification of wool with protease extracted polypeptides. Journal of Biotechnology, 156 (2), 134–140. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2011.08.012
- Bahtiyari, M. I., Duran, K. (2013). A study on the usability of ultrasound in scouring of raw wool. Journal of Cleaner Production, 41, 283–290. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.09.009
- Tanapongpipat, A., Khamman, C., Pruksathorm, K., Hunsom, M. (2008). Process modification in the scouring process of textile industry. Journal of Cleaner Production, 16 (1), 152–158. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2006.06.016
- Semeshko, O., Saribekova, J., Asaulyuk, T., Myasnikov, S. (2014). Тhe influence of electrical discharge nonlinear bulk cavitation on the structural and chemical changes in water during the wool fiber bleaching. Chemistry & chemical technology, 8 (4), 410–415.
- Ermolaeva, A. V., Sarіbekova, Yu. G., Myasnikov, S. A., Sarіbekov, G. S., Kulakov, O. І. (2008). Patent 32960 UA, MPK (2006) D06M13/00/. Kompozicіya poverhnevo-aktivnih rechovin dlya promivannya vovnyanogo volokna (Ukraina). u 2008 00451; declared: 14.01.2008; published: 10.06.2008. Byul. 11, 3.
- Korchagin, M. V., Sokolova, N. M., Shikanova, I. A. (1976). Laboratornyj praktikum po himicheskoj tehnologii voloknistyh materialov [Laboratory practical work on chemical technology of fibrous materials]. Moscow, Russia: Light industry, 352.
- Seltman, H. J. (2012). Experimental Design and Analysis. Pittsburgh: Carnegie Mellon University, 428.
- Podunovа, L. G. (Ed.) (1990). Rukovodstvo k prakticheskim zanyatiyam po metodam sanitarno-gigienicheskim issledovanij: uchebnoe posobie [Guide to practical training on the methods of sanitation studies]. Moscow: medicine, 304.
- Bucak, S., Rende, D. (2013). Colloid and Surface Chemistry: A Laboratory Guide for Exploration of the Nano World. SRS Press, 278.
- Shaov, A. H., Borukaev, T. A., Begretov, M. M. (2003). Osnovnye metody obnaruzheniya himicheskih yelementov v prirodnyh i stochnyh vodah. Laboratornye raboty po speckursu [The basic methods of detection of chemical elements in natural and waste waters. Laboratory work on a special course]. Nalchik: Kab.-Balk. Un-t, 30.
- Dean, J. (1995). Analytical Chemistry Handbook. USA: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing, 1168.
- Miroshnichenko, Yu. Yu., Yurmazova, T. A. (2010). Himicheskie zagryazneniya v biosfere i ih opredelenie: uchebnoe posobie [Chemical pollution of the biosphere and their definition]. Tomsk: Tomsk Polytechnic University, 86.
- Paquot, C., Hautfenne, A. (Eds.) (1987). IUPAC Standard Methods for the Analysis of Oils, Fats and Derivatives. 7th edition. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, London, UK, 347.
- Myers, D. (2006). Surfactant Science and Technology. New Jersey: Wiley interscience, 379.
- Malyushevskaya, A. P., Malyushevskiy, P. P., Levda, V. I. (2004). Elektrovzryivnaya nelineynaya, ob'emnaya kavitatsiya v tehnologicheskih reaktorah. Chast 1 [Electroexplosion non-linear, volumetric cavitation process reactors. Part 1]. Elektronnaya obrabotka materialov, 1, 46–53.
- Malyushevskaya, A. P., Malyushevskiy, P. P., Levda V. I. (2004). Elektrovzryivnaya nelineynaya, ob'emnaya kavitatsiya v tehnologicheskih reaktorah. Chast 2 [Electroexplosion non-linear, volumetric cavitation process reactors. Part 2]. Elektronnaya obrabotka materialov, 2, 40–46.
- Krasnyanska, O. M., Zaschepkina, N. M. (2001). Modelyuvannya protsesu otrimannya pryazhI z lonovolokna, koronovanogo fIziko-mehanIchnim sposobom [Simulation of receipt of flax yarn, crowned physical and mechanical means]. VIsnik TehnologIchnogo unIversitetu PodIllya, 3 (1), 194–196.
- Saribekova, Yu. G., Semeshko, O. Ya., Ermolaeva, A. V. (2013). Innovatsionnaya tehnologiya obrabotki sherstyanogo volokna [The innovative technology of processing wool fiber]. Izvestiya vyisshih uchebnyih zavedeniy. Tehnologiya tekstilnoy promyishlennosti, 3, 79–83.
- Saribekova, Yu. G., Semeshko, O. Ya., Saribekov, G. S., Panasyuk, I. V., Matvienko, O. A. (2013). Obosnovanie vyibora elektrorazryadnoy obrabotki v kachestve metoda modifikatsii sherstyanogo volokna [Rationale for the discharge treatment as a method for modifying wool fiber]. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta tehnologiy i dizayna. Seriya 1. Estestvennyie i tehnicheskie nauki, 2, 3–7.
- Semeshko, O. Ya., Saribekova, Yu. G., Rastorgueva, M. I. (2011). Determination the influence of electrodischarge treatment on quality of dyed wool fiber. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (5 (51)), 62–64. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/1595/1492
- Kuznetsova, E. G., Saribekova, Yu. G. (2011). Influence of electrodischarge processing on sewage treatment in coagulation and floculation processes. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (6 (52)), 50–53. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/1425/1323
- Semeshko, O. Ya., Saribiekova, Yu. H., Yermolaieva, A. V., Kulihin, M. L. (2014). Elektrorozriadna obrobka v tekhnolohiiakh promyvky vovny ta oderzhannia vovnianoho zhyru [Electrodischarge processing technology in washing wool and wool grease reception]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu tekhnolohii ta dyzainu, 5 (79), 215–218.
- Kunik, O., Semeshko, O., Saribekova, J., Myasnikov, S. (2014). High-energy discrete processing in technology of extraction of wool grease. Ukrainian Food Journal, 3, 381–388.
- Semeshko, O. Ya., Kunik, A. N., Asaulyuk, T. S., Saribekova, Yu. G., Myasnikov, S. A. (2016). Study of the effect of high-energy discrete processing on the extraction kinetics and properties of wool grease. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (80), 40–45. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.65478
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Alexandra Kunik, Olga Semeshko, Tatiana Asaulyuk, Yulia Saribyekova, Sergey Myasnykov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.